• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Seperate Tier For SMG Mario

Professor_Voodoo

Joke Battles
Administrator
I gotta be the one to do it so....

Should we have a seperate tier for Mario(Super Mario Galaxy series) with his ranking powerscaled to Bowser's?

Why a separate tier? It's the same guy. Wouldn't that be like giving Popeye different tiers for different episodes?

Well i'm seeing multiple tiers on Mario's page. And i can't say outlier cuz of Mario beating Bowser in both Galaxy 1 & 2(adding to the already fact that Mario beats Bowser on a consistent basis)

Well he's currently at tier 5 at max power when at his absolute best, he should be around Galaxy Bowser's tier. It happened twice, was fairly consistent(has Bowser EVER beat Mario?) So if not a seperate tier, a tier bump would be nice.

I have a feeling that SMG Mario was an issue brought up in the past...

Well, an upgrade would be better than creating a whole new page. Or we could just brand it a composite page and give him all of his accomplishments...

If the other admins are fine with this, I am as well.

He shouldn't get the upgrade considering this should either be Mario's last adventure, or Bowser somehow got to the same power level as Mario without us knowing. Bowser outside the Grand Star Power-up hasn't shown remotely this power. I'm talking about Base here, people.

Davy0 said:
He shouldn't get the upgrade considering this should either be Mario's last adventure, or Bowser somehow got to the same power level as Mario without us knowing. Bowser outside the Grand Star Power-up hasn't shown remotely this power. I'm talking about Base here, people.
considering the fact that mario was able to harm bowser who was powered by the grand star multiple times in his base form pretty much confirms that mario at base should be bumped higher.

You know...Mario had Luma through the whole games. Y'know, the things that can turns into galaxies? It may or may not have factored mind you.

SaikouTouhou said:
You know...Mario had Luma through the whole games. Y'know, the things that can turns into galaxies? It may or may not have factored mind you.
By "Galaxies" do you mean those usually incredibly short rocks that normally aren't even planet sized?

How is it an upgrade, does that mean that Bowser in his base is also comparable to Mario, if so you'd need to prove why, and why Bowser needed the upgrade to begin with if Mario was still capable of beating him.

Bowser and Mario are comparable to one another. Bowser doesn't need weapons to contend with Mario, he only uses them to gain an edge in combat against him. In countless battles they've fought against one another, and most cases Mario barely wins, but still wins. Soooo... Bowser would need to be just as strong as his base as he would his Grand Star Mode, depending on the continuity of the Galaxy series.

Not this much of a difference. Bowser takes in a Galaxies worth of power versus being capable of similar power to Mario before Super Mario Galaxy. He never shows the same power again later outside of the Galaxy series.

Sheoth said:
I think an easy fix for this would to simply put a divider on Mario's page promptly labeled "SMG Mario."
That's fine. But I hate people trying to imply that he always had the ability to crush galaxies with a jump without any real proof. Kinda BS.

Davy0 said:
Sheoth said:
I think an easy fix for this would to simply put a divider on Mario's page promptly labeled "SMG Mario."
That's fine. But I hate people trying to imply that he always had the ability to crush galaxies with a jump without any real proof. Kinda BS.
I know what you mean. Honestly I'm indifferent about most of this stuff at this point (or right now at least since I am very tired).

I agree with Sheoth's suggestion of placing a divider on the page.

Davy0 said:
Not this much of a difference. Bowser takes in a Galaxies worth of power versus being capable of similar power to Mario before Super Mario Galaxy. He never shows the same power again later outside of the Galaxy series.
His only chance "later" was in 3D World, a game with basically no plot.

Also, you seem to be forgetting that one anime where those guys go from star-level from universe level in 12 episodes (DBS). Or that one RPG where that kid goes from town level to universe level in one dialogue box (EarthBound).

DB Super had characters gain a power-up and face a Universe Level threat. Earthbound used a PIS reason for why the characters were so strong, because of the prayers of the user (ourselves) being used to hurt Gigyas. Not only does Mario not gain any power-ups he also does it by smacking Bowser with balls that could have been created through intervention of "The Pull/Push". But please, do try to use DBSuper which has a legitimate reason, and an RPG which uses PIS. By all means. That will definitely help your case.

I think that you are looking for consistency and continuity where none is to be found. The game developers likely simply did not care to keep the power levels consistent. Given this, I have no problem with creating a separate tier for SMG Mario.

Antman. You act like that's my fault. If they don't want to make a decent continuity and give headaches to how the characters abilities work. That's not my fault.

That's why I'm saying Separate tier is fine. But giving him empowerment without true reason. Giving him stats when nothing has been shown that gives him such abilities or having Bowser become as strong as the Grand Star in his base without reason just smells of fallacy. Because there will be plenty of battles against Bowser later on. Maybe they will show why then.

No it's the name I have for Ant, I make nicknames for everyone. Except you. You're not Squiddy enough.

Back