• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice General Discussion Thread

Well you could arguably scale the Serpant to mid-game Genichiro since the Serpant is still a threat to you after the second Genichiro fight. This could probably mean early game MHS+ Wolf as well.

The snake shakes the ground just by moving, could be something like 8-C or higher.

That's actually true, and a detail I somehow forgot. Based on the Mercalli Intensity Scale, a local quake strong enough to dislodge rocks from the walls (which IIRC does happen) would be a V to VI (V = Felt by all outdoors, fragile objects destroyed, VI = Instances of fallen plaster).

In radiated waves, this would be about an equivalent to Magnitude 4.5- or an energy pull of 8-B+ at 84.80 Tons of TNT based on our Earthquake Power Chart.

Y'know, if Wolf was able to harm it besides its brain and eye, I could've made a Dark Souls vs Sekiro match-up.

Like I said, I'd be cool with scaling to the mid-game key for that. I think that fits well enough since he does at least cut its skin quite a lot to kill it, it implies he at least somewhat scales. But early game he just stabs the eye.

Yeah, I think mid-game suits best IMO, though I'd leave it as "possibly" since you cant actually do significant damage to the other one besides making its sides bleed a little.

Fair. So without a further feat, mid-game would be "At least 8-C, possibly 8-B"

At least Building level+ (Defeated Genichiro Ashina, who can utilize natural lightning to attack), possibly City Block level+ (Was able to puncture through the Great Serpent's head, who can create large tremors just by moving within underground)

Does this sound good?

Might wanna mention that it'd be roughly equatable to a Magnitude 4.5 Earthquake but yeah.

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
Y'know, if Wolf was able to harm it besides its brain and eye, I could've made a Dark Souls vs Sekiro match-up.
If BoG Wolf were building level, he could go up against the Demon's Souls protagonist.

It's faster than Sekiro's running speed for sure.

Uhh... should mid-game really be MHS? I don't recall Gen using CtG lightning.

He calls it down and uses it and you can intercept it to some extent. I'd be fine with it but largely neutral.

Coincidentally, Katana Zero is a newer indie game that has a 9-A ninja-esque protagonist named after an animal (sorta) with Type 4 Immortality

popular year for that very specific type, I guess

This might be kinda tenuous, but there's a painting/scroll in the Ashina Dojo detailing lightning deflection, which portrays an Ashina samurai going against a spirit, with the description stating that the ghosts used the lightning of the Fountainhead gods (such as Divine Dragon, who uses CtG). I'd say that this record should put elite Ashina style practitioners like Jinsuke and WoT Genichiro at MHS. In addition, Genichiro's WoT lightning blade extends past his sword's normal range, so the electricity basically jumps from his sword to Wolf, and Wolf intercepts it.

I am... not sure if this guy should be 9-A, maybe At least 9-B, possibly 9-A?

Don't know if Mini Boss encounters are prominent enough for a profile tho

Well, I do know of a few that could make for a profile (Armored Warrior no sells all of Wolf's attacks, Headless has fear manip).

I still think that the samurai general and lone shadows should downscale to Gyoubu and Genichiro with the proposal above.

I say Mini Bosses should get profiles, that guy would be At least 9-B, possibly 9-A, yeah. Scaling a mini boss like that to Gyoubu should be questionable at best.

Those guys would be exceptions, yeah. I'd also make an argument for the Lone Shadow Swordsman or whoever his name is, the guy down in the pit where the samurai hears music.

Sir Ovens said:
Don't know if Mini Boss encounters are prominent enough for a profile tho
I think all the apparition types should definitely be added (Headless, Shichimen Warrior, and O'Rin of the Water).

Apparitions have OP fear/death hax, I outta make a profile for them.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Speaking of which, shouldn't Type 7 be included for Guardian Ape?
I mean, it technically isn't dead by the time we meet it, only when we cut off its head. Headless Ape with type 7 is completely fine though..

Nice to know that we have characters that are literally so scary you die from fighting them.

My lampshade legit has a purple light to it, I think it's inflicting Terror to me IRL.

should be

coincidentally, for anyone interested, I plan on spamming Wolf a bit if possible

Here's the first one.

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
I mean, it technically isn't dead by the time we meet it, only when we cut off its head. Headless Ape with type 7 is completely fine though..
I mean, it's got a sword stuck in its neck when we meet it. Leads me to belive it's undead right from the start.

Maybe it's because of Type 2 that it survived? Seems likely considering we have Hanbei.

And yes, I'm planning on making more profiles in the near future.

Oh and a match-up

I want to make a match for the monkey, but I can't find a good enough opponent.

Ah, one thing about Ape's roar. The terror doesn't come from the sound but the blood that rains down when he does it, cause you can block it with the umbrella.

Back