• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice General Discussion Thread

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Do we have a mid-game feat or something that could be calced?

I've been on the look-out but I haven't noticed anything of particular note. Then again I'm an idiot. Plus if it comes down to us not scaling Isshin and them to Divine Dragon, they do have lightning? 8-C+.

Sekiro's keys need to be adjusted. Shura ending bosses should scale to mid game Sekiro and end game should scale to Divine Dragon.

So that means Sekiro's keys should look like:

Beginning of Game | Middle of Game/Shura Ending | Immortal Severence Ending/Purification Ending/Return Ending

Mid-game is certainly at least 8-C+ based on the whole lightning thing, but I'd like everyone to see if there isn't a more valid feat there.

Hmm... Should we scale Genichiro to 7-B? I've not actually completed the game so I don't know if Divine Dragon is in the same ending as Genichiro/SS Isshin.

the early game feat with Gyoubu can also be applied to the blazing bull (and most likely to the sakura bull as well) because it also destroyed the same kind of tower ultra casually.

Edit: I didn't see your reply on the calc's thread, I think it will be easier to take good screenshots when a PC version will be avaible because in some games you can stop the game and take a "photo" from any angle.

Sir Ovens said:
Hmm... Should we scale Genichiro to 7-B? I've not actually completed the game so I don't know if Divine Dragon is in the same ending as Genichiro/SS Isshin.
Depends, probably better if we split it his profile to 3 keys

Beginning of Game | Mid-game | Late/End-game

'First key is 9-A since he's the tutorial boss (and can be beaten though it's optional). 8-C+ for mid key unless we find a more impressive feat. Final key is 7-B, which is self-explanatory.

Also Owl killed Genichiro and cut off his head, on what key was he during the Shura ending is anybody's guess.

Guys. I just realized. I have the digital art book from pre ordering Sekiro. I can screen shot them for rendering.

20190424 184619
Don't mind the quality, I took this from my phone.

For Wolf's page I prefer the image we have now but we could probably add in a gallery

Genichiro should scale to late game Sekiro right?

Then that means that since Owl killed Genichiro he also scales, the Genichiro killed by Owl is the same in everyway as the one Isshin climbs out of

Owl knew he couldn't beat Isshin so Isshin should scale above him

Sekiro fights Isshin who should scale above Owl

Emma should scale to Sekiro

Dunno about you guys but I fought Owl (Father) after the dragon, if that helps at all. Dunno if you could've taken an alternative route since games are convuluted with this stuff.

Pre-Shura ending is pretty late in the game right? After beating Owl the only place that's left is Fountainhead palace, which the Divine Dragon is located.

Just a small thing but early game Wolf can only resurrect twice in battle. So someone should change that and I don't know how to do things because I'm dumb and new

The limited rez is a game mechanic. In game lore suggests that Wolf can't actually die unless he is struck by the Mortal Blade.

How combat applicable do you think is Wolf's BFR (Divine Abduction)?

From doing the Kotaro questline, I can see that the BFR works best when the target either wants to be BFRed or has high spiritual connection.

Though I could be wrong. I don't have the highest upgrade for the fans and I don't know if the BFR works on anyone other than Kotaro.

It works on those monks at the Senpo Temple with the exceptions of double-glaive wielding monks or Infested monks.

Kinda interesting why they're the ones that can be BFR of all people.

Maybe it is connected to spirituality then. Was it ever stated why the monks of Senpo were there in the first place?

Item description for the fan says

"Gathers and releases a gust of wind, forcing enemies to turn around. It is a mild sort of being spirited away that can be returned from quite quickly. However, it's said that one can only return from being spirited away once, and if taken again, there is no coming back."

So far from what I've seen it only works on the Senpou monks, if you do it on other enemies they just keep turning around. Game mechanics I guess idk

From Software is rarely so careless. It is most definitely a planned out detail as to why Senpo monks can be spirited away and not regular enemies. I believe the reason is hiding in the lore somewhere, either as flavor text or in game dialogue.

It might just be as simple as the monks have a deeper connection to their spiritual self than like, say, a dog or some random soldier.

I think so? I think that's a reasonable assumption without further elaboration, beings with some form of connection to spiritual aspects should be considered BFR'able. So, like I said, someone like a normal brute would laugh it off but a monk or priest would be spirited away.

If it isn't blatantly apparent to Wolf that his enemy is spiritual, it wouldn't be in-character anyways, so unless homeboy is decked out in monk/priest stuff or starts spouting out about god(s) or whatever he'd likely just stabbo to death.

also I never read manga and I ain't about to start now but hell if there's any feats you know where to bring 'em, Sekiro is my bread and butter rn.

TheBloodyQrow said:
Where would the Great Serpent/Great Colored Carp be place in the tier hierachy?
The snake should at least be building level, which should bump up early game Wolf to building level.

Wolf shouldn't scale to the serpent, at least not until he actually kills it. Early game he only stabs it in the eye.

Serpent is weird because it seems to be hailed as this great monstrous entity but it doesn't land in areas of the game that'd justify it scaling to anything else so yeah it'd probably scale to 8-C if only by sheer size. I'd calc it but hell if I know the density of snakes.

It's possible to deflect the Serpent's bite early game. Shouldn't that be Building Level durability? Edit: It's also possible to survive his attacks.

It isn't possible to actually fight him in earnest, however. I'd argue game mechanics on surviving simply because the game doesn't want to instant kill you.

Mr. Bambu said:
It isn't possible to actually fight him in earnest, however. I'd argue game mechanics on surviving simply because the game doesn't want to instant kill you.
Ehh... the game does want to insta-kill you several times when encountering the Serpants. The fact that it's possible not to be insta-killed should mean Sekiro is capable of surviving his attacks. So he should be Building Level early game.

> Ogre

He never did it for me but those damn chain of attacks used by the Headless did, but that was multiple things.

Why would the game want to insta-kill you? Soulsborne generally only does that to illustrate a point (for example, being instantly burned by Hellkite Dragon). Furthermore in theory you can survive a hit from the end-game boss. Do you have anything to actually make it scaleable?

Back