• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Secco vs Yang Xiao Long

It's nothing like White Album, White Album isnt the suit, White Album is the name of the Stand but the suit is made of ice that White Album creates, and White Album ca freeze Stands, making a case they're the same is evidence for Oasis being able to mud Stands, not the opposite given White Album can flash freeze GE's arms or Sex Pistols solid. And Oasis, the suit Stand, has been shown to be just fine in every other instance, being just fine with melting the area around it as well while Bruno wasnt. Yet the moment Secco actively tries to mud someone, he manages to mud his Stand itself. And saying he failed to mud SF isnt a counterpoint as we know he wasnt utilizing that power when fighting SF. Hell, a case probably could be made that Secco can mud Stands on the basis that literally nothing said he couldnt yet in the very same arc it was a plot point that Green Day cant effect stands itself.

>more expets agree on that

See that's the thing, nobody is gonna at this point, and that's fine, opinions exist, the topic in regards to this would be entirely opinionated, hell I aint even arguing he would win, just that he can melt Stands.

Bedroombedrock said:
Then I'll probably refrain from arguing he can. And what is secco's wincon carrot69
idk, I havent even argued he could win, that aint why I posted in the first place.

Duedate8898 said:
I mean, its more an assumption that Secco can melt stands.

@Weekly

If Yang is unable to move, her strength and AP don't really matter, she has no way to meaningfully exert it. Now, I'm not saying she can't get out while the ground is in its liquid state, shouldn't be too hard for her with her flight and the such, I'm just saying if it hardens there is no real chance of her getting out.

And what we get from Yang in Volumes 1-3 doesn't really imply that tactical or smart of a fighter, sure we know she can fight but only in terms of skill and strength. Hell, her profile notes this as well with one of her weaknesses being her hotheadness and her intelligence mentioning how she becomes predictable when angered.

Yang is more brute force then anything else Volume 1-3
She doesnt need to be able to move to escape, she can just activate her semblance preemptively to cause an explosion that would destroy the ground around her to free herself if he hardens the ground while she's in it.

And yes, when angered, Yang doesnt get irrationally angry in combat, only when people do things that actually make her angry like stabbing her best friend.

Bedroombedrock said:
Moving on from that ridiculous argument I'm still looking for an answer on whether not Yang can one shot
In her base form no, with her semblance activated to its fullest yes

So what's stopping this from being a stomp? Yang has better everything and Secco's main ability won't work on her with her class M lifting strength and pseudo flight

Because if Yang gets in the ground, she can't get out. And she isn't as smart of a fighter as Secco is.

Also, Yang would be around 3.5 to 4.23 tons from what scaling I see. Secco scales to 1.01 from what I see, though I'm sure we consider him somewhere below it.

So unless our one shot standards have changed recently it isn't a stomp.

She can get out though, she has the ap, lifting strengrh, and explosive power to destroy the grouns around her if he tries to trap her

Yang is 1.42 tons in base and caps at 6ish tons with her semblance at full atrength

Once again, shockwaves are only made when she can make the motion for them so that's not an option and if she can't move she can't use her strength for anything.

And the max noted for Yang's semblance is four times. Not six.

Edit: Just me being dumb on that last point, incorrect math my bad.

If she somehow gets trapped the ground above her wouldnt be enough weight to prevent her from moving

Yes, 1.42 x 4 is 5.68 and her semblance at its max allowed her to power through the attacks of a guy whose semblance is the ability to amp the power of his attacks by 4x

I'm not talking aabout the weight from above, I'm saying she'll literally be surrounded all around and compacted in dirt, her movement restricted

Still not enough weight to hold her down. Class 100 Lifting Strength would be like picking up and carrying a Blue Whale. Class M Lifting Strength would be MAGNITUDES above that.

She has no room to move though, and if she doesn't have room to move she can't actually do it. Her strength doesn't matter at that point.

I'm not voting yet, but I'm leaning toward Secco because of Chairot's point. If Oasis can melt stands, there may be room for discussion that Secco can just melt both Yang's Aura and her after

idk, even if he can, which I definitely think he can. Idk if he'd do it, he didnt start whipping that out till backed into a corner or pissed off. But meh, that aint why I'm here.

I mean even if he could melt stands aura regenerates on its own, to the point that even if you rip a hole in your opponent's aura it will just seal instantly

Still doesn't change the fact that with Class M combined with 8-C, High 8-C when amped AP, The Ground will literally explode from the sheer force of her just moving.

If she can't move her arms, she can't get off her shockwave. If she's buried alive like she would be in the way that Secco stand allows, she wouldn't have any room for movement so she can't move her arms for her shockwave or move her arms so as to use her strength, she has not even a centimeter to move.

There will not be enough weight to prevent her moving nor will the materialshes trapped in be durable enough that she cant brute force her way out of it. There is nonreason why she would be unable to move

The strength of the material doesn't matter if she has no room to move. In order to use her strength she needs room to do it, and if she's vaccumed sealed in the earth she's immobile. Movement isn't possible.

The material she's in wouldn't vacuum seal her, they're fighting in the street, that means concrete, asphalt, gravel underneath, and dirt under that, all of which are extremely porous

The material shed be trappd in wouldnt be durable enough or heavy enough that she wouldnt be able to move.

I have to concede on that point actually, pourous dirt ruins my entire idea on sealing Yang underground. So now his win con relies primarily on his higher intelligence. Which defintely isn't enough to get him by in this instance.

Voting Yang.

Also @ivory that is not a good argument against what I was arguing, he very clearly still has space to wiggle and break out.

When spidey says has he doesn't have leverage, he's got no goddam leverage!

i mean, he didn't really use a wiggle or vibration to break free, he just kind tensed his muscles and the arms tore at their weakest point. his struggling was as if there wasn't any way to push, other than out in all directions. keep in mind that carbonadium is very durable in it's own right. he was bordering on the edge of his strength to break those.

Back