• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sealing

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
A bit of a question regarding how we rate sealing.

I've been hearing that Sealing is an ability that's AP based as opposed to Hax based, and characters need to show Sealing on their AP level in order for it to work.

Is this true? To me I never really saw much of a difference between sealing and BFR and assumed it was Hax based.

If the Sealing is based around BFRing you to another dimension then it's Sealing via BFR. But, there are different types of Sealing such as sealing you into an object or sealing your powers, etc.

I've been told that you need feats of Sealing someone of a certain level to be able to seal those stronger than you. For example, a 6-B cannot seal a 6-B much higher than them or anything above without feats.

Sealing is just hax so, not really depending of AP.

The difference is that BFR (or banishment like I like to call it) send you to other place, while sealing its send you to another place and stay there (can have other secundary effects).

I think it's like you are trying to contain something above your paygrade or something like that and that you need to show you can handle that. I remember it from an old Digimon thread, but I can't remember which one.

Seems like an arbitrary condition, considering that we do not treat the other hax in that way.

I mean, we have hax based around AP and other stipulations. I am going by what I've been told.

Since when? We do not relate AP to hax (not including verse specific mechanics). People only do that with dimensions, and yet that's still kinda arbitrary.

I think the kind of sealing where its "containing something above your paygrade" is something thats pretty uncommon as most sealing these days are hax-based.

Antoniofer said:
Since when? We do not relate AP to hax (not including verse specific mechanics). People only do that with dimensions, and yet that's still kinda arbitrary.
I mean abilities like Power Null are one that I can mention. And I mentioned that there are other types of stipulatations that limit it not just AP.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Mafuba has zero issues with sealing stronger beings.
If what I heard a while ago is correct, that would fit within the whole "you have feats to support sealing those stronger".

Mostly it would work depends of the nature of the Sealing, but as any other hax, it do have an undefinied limit, limited to its weaknesses and the resistances of the target.

Sealing is a broad term. Example, if you deal, say, a soul within a confined location, AP never comes into it. But if you're just doing something like creating a structure around someone, AP counters.

Besides stuff that's more sealing by constant restraint, I don't see why this restriction would be s thing. Its one thing if I magic up some huge chains to drag someone to the bottom of the Mariana's trench, but it's another to just kick you into a prison universe.

I think it is verse dependent. If it is stated that a level of power is required to break out of a seal, it's safe to say that's it's probably AP based.

If a character does something along the lines of taking away someone's power like it Naruto, I'm inclined to say it's haxed based.

Again, case by case basis.

Sir Ovens said:
I think it is verse dependent. If it is stated that a level of power is required to break out of a seal, it's safe to say that's it's probably AP based.
If a character does something along the lines of taking away someone's power like it Naruto, I'm inclined to say it's haxed based.

Again, case by case basis.
I agree with this view.

Back