• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is the logic behind tier>hax?

I've known how r>f difference is an auto win against a character on the lower plane. Iirc, it is due to the infinitely greater AP difference b/w, let's say a 106D character and a 107D character and such that for any difference in tier starting from Low 1C.

But what's the logic that applies for hax? Why is it that a Tier0 character solely based on scaling considered stronger 1A character shown and accepted to have OP Hax

Doesn't thia go against the sole definiton of hax that AP cannot stop it?

I think it is mostly their nature as a whole. Can a cartoon character physically affect you specifically? Like legit turn on tom and jerry, can they do anything to you? No. They're fiction. Same goes here. Also high tiers usually have some form of higher dimensional existence and you can't really hit something higher D if you're lower D like a flat rectangle cannot destroy a cube

I think it is mostly their nature as a whole. Can a cartoon character physically affect you specifically? Like legit turn on tom and jerry, can they do anything to you? No. They're fiction. Same goes here. Also high tiers usually have some form of higher dimensional existence and you can't really hit something higher D if you're lower D like a flat rectangle cannot destroy a cube
I mean that works for R>F but why for dimensionality. If someone can existence erasure something 4-d then logic would dictate it would do the same to a 5-D being and if you want to be extra conservative it would erase 4 of it's dimensions which will frick it up either way.

I mean that works for R>F but why for dimensionality. If someone can existence erasure something 4-d then logic would dictate it would do the same to a 5-D being and if you want to be extra conservative it would erase 4 of it's dimensions which will frick it up either way.
No
Think of a cube
It is made up of uncountably infinite amounts of 2D squares. You can destroy one of the squares since all the others exists in a different plane of existence from you as they follow the 3rd axis of space. Will the uncountable infiniteth of you really matter? There is an infinite amount of almost the exact same layer in your body, it's literally thinner than quarks. It wouldn't do anything.

Same goes for higher dimensions.

No
Think of a cube
It is made up of uncountably infinite amounts of 2D squares. You can destroy one of the squares since all the others exists in a different plane of existence from you as they follow the 3rd axis of space. Will the uncountable infiniteth of you really matter? There is an infinite amount of almost the exact same layer in your body, it's literally thinner than quarks. It wouldn't do anything.

Same goes for higher dimensions.
Like you would have to destroy it like peeling an onion? But with near infinitely more layers?

Like you would have to destroy it like peeling an onion? But with near infinitely more layers?
think an onion with an infinity of infinities of layers and you can only reach one because because you can only affect height and length while the rest of the layers are displaced along the third dimension, width, which you cannot affect
Here's somewhat of a visualisation
63a8761acbc44bc3.png

So you would literally strip atom by atom in the two dimensions? Or the smallest denomination of matter?
An atom is technically already bigger than you but the wiki doesn't accept that logic lolololol

Anyways you can destroy one U. Infiniteth slice of every atom and quark and what not of an object within your range but your range is in actuality so inefficient that affecting it means nothing.

Think of it like this. A 0-D object cannot move since it is a point, it exists almost only in concept. A 1-D line can only move left or right since it only has the dimension of length. A 2-D object has the dimensions of height and length so it can move up, down, left and right. Finally a 3-D object has the dimensions of length, width and height which in turn means that it can move up, down, left, right, forward and backward. All of the objects of their designated dimensionality exist within these directions and thus to affect something you need to move the same direction as the object in question. A 2-D being cannot move forward or backward and so it cannot affect the infinite layers that exist forward and backwards of it and it can only affect what is up, down, left or right of it, which is just an infiniteth of what is there.

Okay I think I got it. You are basically moving a whole layer but because you can't interact with the third dimension you are stripping off nearly infinitsmal stuff from the being. But why wouldn't stuff like soul hax work?

Okay I think I got it. You are basically moving a whole layer but because you can't interact with the third dimension you are stripping off nearly infinitsmal stuff from the being. But why wouldn't stuff like soul hax work?
unless their soul is 2-D, no.

Why would a soul have dimensionality? Dimensions are referring to objects that exist and thus have dimensions. A soul doesn't physically exist hence it should have none.
and that is something we simply cannot use in vsbw. Being dimensionless would mean all souls are either 0 dimensional which is a pain in the ass or that they are 1-A which in turn is an even bigger pain in the ass. Meanwhile, most fiction show us souls or ghosts as 3-D beings with width, length and height, which in turn would suggest you'd need more than 2-D soul hax to affect them. Overall we simply equate souls dimensionality to their owners dimensionality. If you don't like applying math to them, just think of them as being on the same plane of existence unless stated otherwise.

Last edited:
and that is something we simply cannot use in vsbw. Being dimensionless would mean all souls are either 0 dimensional which is a pain in the ass or that they are 1-A which in turn is an even bigger pain in the ass. Meanwhile, most fiction shows us souls or ghosts as 3-D beings with width, length and height, which in turn would suggest you'd need more than 2-D soul hax to affect them. Overall we simply equate souls dimensionality to their owners dimensionality. If you don't like applying math to them, just think of them as being on the same plane of existence unless stated otherwise.
Ok I can accept that to prevent more headaches.

Dammit...that sounds like a bitter truth

Back