• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
So, SCP-2722 was retconned in the same way I've explained for The Hateful star. It seems like a rewrite was published under SCP-2117, so I'm going to get feats and abilities from that page, and make an update page on my sandbox for the The SCPS Solidarity.

Do note that the new file is now part of the Stealing Solidarity canon (It was written as part of that story, and the canon has updated to include the new scip instead of 2722), and therefore all the feats on our current page apply to original file canon.

Powers and Abilities

"SCP-2117's external dimensions are approximately 200km x 50km x 70km. However, the interior dimensions of SCP-2117 to far exceed that of the exterior due to the use of Augustine Non-Euclidian Stabilization Engines"

Spatial Manipulation

Large Size (Type 3)

A functional Bailey-King Multi-Universal Transit Array

If used in conjunction with the aforementioned Bailey-King MUTA, SCP-2117-A-3 is capable of crossing universal boundaries.

Dimensional Teleportation

The plaque on the original said that this was the only Solidarity in existence. It was wrong. Dozens— no, hundreds of them filled the skies above the Earth, in shapes and sizes that made several of them unrecognizable. But they still bore her name: Solidarity. They kept the star at bay, and when we got the call, we took the reigns of our own ship.

Duplication a-la Funny Valentine Style

"with jail cells in a variety of sizes and configurations, including metal bars, plexiglass barriers, a force field, and what is believed to be a walk-in Scranton Reality Anchor."

Reality Anchors can powernull most things that alter hume levels, which is short for "Supernatural stuff"

"I've got about two-hundred and ten killer memes programmed into these lights, and another thirty on audio."

Memes are anomalous ideas, that typically affect the Mind or Memory.

2085-D: Kono Dio Da!

JoJo Memes Manipluatio

And that's all the new powers. I will post a revised page here soon, and I loved the new SCP. Having read the Stealing Solidarity Canon, this warmed my heart and soul.

I haven't included tech that's purely used for non-offensive purposes inside of the machine, as it wouldn't be applicable to battles and would just clutter the page.

The log is collaborative, and the stuff Ihp (The OG Author) wrote in it wouldn't add anything.

I'm not sure how I feel about SRAs being referred to as "power null for supernatural stuff", it's more specific to "things that achieve supernatural stuff through reality warping".

Do either of you know how magic and ghosts interact with SRAs in-verse? I'd imagine they wouldn't be effected but I don't remember actually seeing that happen.

Other than that it seems good.

SRAs react to any destabilization of Humes and correct it. Since most anomalous abilities alter humes through activation, it would nullify them. I'll find the statement and put it here.

Also, bump (although I think it's fine to add seeing as Weekly appears to be okay with it).

Yes but destabilization of Humes is how the SCP universe explains reality warping.

Humes are the Foundation's way of describing Type Greens, conventional reality warpers. People who can bend reality around them as they wish. You find this mentioned many times in the most well-known documents about Humes. I could find those statements and put them here.

I think it's disingenuous to say it stops most supernatural/anomalous stuff when it specifically stops reality warping, but most of the supernatural/anomalous stuff is reality warping. Does that make sense? If a verse had most supernatural/anomalous stuff come from magic, and there was a device that nulled magic, it wouldn't be described as nulling supernatural/anomalous stuff.

Reality Warpers are related to humes, but it isn't exclusively vice versa. Humes simply describe the integrity of reality in a given area. There are a number of SCPS that cause hume changes that have nothing to do with reality warping.

However, you do have a point in that none of those SCPS other than the reality warpers are getting their powers exclusively by changing humes, so I'll change it to "Power Nullification of Warpers"

And with that I agree with the revisions.

But I would like to point out that the "integrity of reality in an area" is a measure of how easy it is to "reality warp" in that area. If humes are too low then anyone can reality warp in that area, if humes are too high then people lose their capability of free will and instead get completely acted on by their environment. SRAs equalize reality so that reality warpers no longer have the ability to change reality in an area.

To be fair, negating any form of reality warping is still very, very vague. Most powers can be considered as subsets of reality warping, and in some fictions are. Reality warping as a category is very broad, and it's probably best to find something more concrete in definion to pin down the function, or just treat it as generalized power null. Is there any sort of indication that it can't negate things that are technically not reality warping for instance?

I agree that it's vague, but that means that it should only apply to things which are stated/shown/implied to be done through reality warping.

I don't think your question "Is there any sort of indication that it can't negate things that are technically not reality warping for instance?" makes much sense. The indication is the description of how it functions specifically describes how it stops reality warping. If that's not enough then I'm not sure what I can give you. It's impossible for me to prove a negative.

If there was an anti-magic device I wouldn't really be able to prove that it could stop supernatural things that aren't magic, but it's NLF to assume it would be able to.

Humes can also be applied to non-human anomalies. For instance, take SCP-2464. The Hume measurement inside both the anomaly as well as SCP-2464-2 have unequivocally confirmed the hypothesis regarding the anomaly, (see the addendum for more information,) allowing for more effective containment. As another case, take SCP-668. This tool perpetually raises the Hume readings within a meter or so of it by approximately twenty Humes when not active. When active, the Hume level rises to astronomical (>670 Hm) levels across all measuring Kant counters, and it is theorized that this effect extends across all known space. Following this realization, 1) more effective containment for SCP-668 was put in place, and 2) immediate monitoring of all Kant counters commenced in order to serve as a warning system for the existence of any more anomalies in the same fashion.

That put, I agree with Agnaa in that there is hardly any argument that it can nullify any anomalous power, as even the SCPs described operate on reality warping, which is not usually the case regarding biological/magical powers. Although it would apply to verses that operate on a similar level, like Adventure Time (where all Magic is caused by a weird form of Reality Warping).

Sorry, if my messages implied that this "Reality Warping" only applies to that done by humans, that wasn't my intention.

To add to that list, I also don't believe that SRAs would work on anomalous powers that operate through spiritual (ghosts, stands, etc) or technological means.

I've added the ablities and reworked the page with the new info, although I have left the SRAs to just nulling Reality Warping-based abilities until we can get a better consensus on what they do.

Back