• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Foundation God-Tiers "Downgrade"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
Basically, it seems like that with the new OP SCP, all God-Tiers of the verse were upgraded to "1-B, possibly higher", due to the fact that the new SCP establishes that the verse's higher cosmology is a Composite Hierarchy, comprised of countless higher dimensions known as "Narratives", with each Narrative being capable of containing countless other Narratives, each with a Reality-Fiction difference between them, and given that Yaldabaoth, who is not a particularly strong character compared to the other Tier 1s in the Foundation verse, can destroy all dimensions, which would logically mean that it should be able to destroy the higher narratives as well

......well, it seems like this isn't the case, since:

There are higher entities who dwell in the higher narratives, who write down lower narratives and are completely transcendent over them, seeing them to the same degree someone would see a fictional story or their own thoughts, with that said, it seems like these "higher entities" are meant to represent the Authors of the site (which... would mean they are... aspects of Swann? i don't know, i will let others decide), due to this quote by one of the entities, called "Ben", and another line, by SCP-3812 himself:

The Higher Entity comments about SCP-3812
I wrote the laws of your universe, and as such I created the narrative. This isn't the first time I've done this, but it was the first time I tried something like this specifically. I wanted to create something that, by definition, superseded everything that superseded it. I wanted to see how many layers there are, if the stack of narratives really do go on forever upward. The mistake I made was when I didn't realize that by making Him supersede everything that supersedes him, he's also superseding himself
SCP-3812 confirms the Higher Entity is meant to be the author of the article
SCP-3812: Our ascendence is just as much a part of our own narrative as his decision was to him. Someday, we'll be free from these restrictions.
SCP-3812: They never will?

SCP-3812: No.

SCP-3812:
That's sad. (Pauses) That is punishment enough, I think.

SCP-3812: Let go of this world. Let him rewrite it back to what it was. We aren't part of this anymore.

SCP-3812: Together?

SCP-3812: Together.

SCP-3812: Do you think he's listening right now?

SCP-3812: Look down, and you can see him. What do you think?

SCP-3812: I see him. A man at a keyboard. He's watching this right now.

SCP-3812: What's he doing?

SCP-3812: Waiting, I think. (Pauses) Waiting to see what we'll do.

• "Ben" says that this isn't the first time he creates a Narrative, and that he created SCP-3812 to see how many layers of Narrative are out there; Then in 3812's line, he described Ben as a man in a Keyboard, basically confirming that Ben - and by extension, whatever higher entities who dwell in the higher narrative alongside him - is meant to be the author himself

Then, given the higher entities are... the authors themselves, it is reasonable to assume that they created the SCPverse (with the exception of Swann, of course), and by extension, this would mean that "The Narratives" created by them already contain all of it's "regular" dimensions, and this is further supported by the fact that SCP-3812's narrative has its own version of Alagadda, the dimensional nexus of the Multiverse where all higher and lower dimensions are unified in one world

Hence, i believe that... all God-Tiers who aren't named Swann or 3812 are limited by, and contained in the Narratives created by "the authors", thus, they can't scale to them

Basically, my proposal is:

• Downgrade all God-Tiers to what they were before the Narratives thingy showed up (flat out 1-B), and leave only Swan and possibly SCP-3812 as the ones who are "1-B, possibly higher"

Shouldn't this effectively make Swann High 1-B? The narratives are described as endless, and the narratives themselves are infinitely above the dimensions.

Well, it was agreed in another thread that the narratives being endless was a vague, unconfirmed hypothesis whose answer is unknown even to the higher entities, so the upgrades ended up being "At least 1-B, possibly higher"

And the narratives being endless would make Swann 1-A, not High 1-B

Well, I guess that means the others should be 1-B, then.

Though I do agree with "1-B, possibly higher" Swann (which is still technically multiple entitites so it's not that bad of a loss take that science).

Also Jesus Christ this means 3812 is quite possibly beyond stuff like the Scarlet King. Which thinking about it, isn't too contradictory for something that ascends narratives.

>SCP reached Warhammer's 1-B level

>Gets downgraded in the next day

........that's sad

Yeah, but now

there is no more fitting matches

and only two characters are at their level

I think it is Ynnead

Although, can Ben (one of the higher entities) have a page? Considering that out of all the entities from higher narratives, he is the only one who actually "appears" (or is he already covered by Swann's page...?)

i could make an argument that The Higher Entities are Swann though...

@Ultima I have a thing to do 0v0

I mean he's probably better off as a key on Swann's profile, Ben is an author aspect just like the ones in Project Overmeta is he not?

And actually no, Swann is a singular entity, the writers/authors are all aspects of it.

I see... Thanks for the clarification

and i didn't knew you hated Swann so much. ovo

Sir Ovens said:
I leave for 2 days and SCP gets downgraded.
Beautiful.

Cries in a corner
it kinda stayed the same, just that everything is still 1-B, just that 3812 is probably high 1-B. but not confirmed, and swann could possibly be 1-A, but also not confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back