• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Discussion Thread

Chat we are so dead 😔

I am pretty sure that the debate will not end well for both sides.

I'm trying to give you folks some hope, some of the biggest supporters haven't really made any counter arguments right now, like Sir Ovens and Saikou. Yes it looks bleak, but it can change.
I don’t think Saikou is cooking

One thing I am curious about is that don’t most of this “powerscaler” articles have only like 10-20 something upvotes? Can’t we just raise are standards so that any article that can profiled has an actual narrative and story? And isn’t just bottom of the barrel stuff?

What’s the point of deleting the verse tho
If they are too overpowered because they have knowledge of the wiki does that affect anyone
It supposely breaks the rules and standards of the wiki. Since anyone can come and write something half decent with the intention of tiershit in it apparently.

And why is that a problem
Because with that in mind anyone who wants to make a powerful character just so it can be included among the "most powerful" on this website can do it, and this type of thing is called "Battlewank Verse", whereas the verse is created only with the intention to be as much powerful as it can be to be put against other verses and win. SCP wasn't created with this objective but eventually became this unfortunely.

One thing I am curious about is that don’t most of this “powerscaler” articles have only like 10-20 something upvotes? Can’t we just raise are standards so that any article that can profiled has an actual narrative and story? And isn’t just bottom of the barrel stuff?
Still, this would be extremely difficult and would require much more attention from the supporters or even a whole new team of people just to filter the things, and even them someone can create a story focused on narrative but also put the things necessary to upgrade the verse in a hideous way. And even if they accepted the proposal to remove all 1-A tier and above SCPs they could even after that focus on upgrading the verse based on hax so their characters will still be unbeatable.

Still, this would be extremely difficult and would require much more attention from the supporters or even a whole new team of people just to filter the things, and even them someone can create a story focused on narrative but also put the things necessary to upgrade the verse in a hideous way. And even if they accepted the proposal to remove all 1-A tier and above SCPs they could even after that focus on upgrading the verse based on hax so their characters will still be unbeatable.
It would literally be the exact opposite of difficult. We would barley have to do anything sense there would be fair less people trying to “game” the system and anyone the some how got up to 100 upvotes with powerscaling slop would be extremely easy to point out and ban

Back