• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Discussion Thread 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dargoo Faust said:
Kepekley23 said:
That feat is Wall level for the vast majority of fiction, as explained by DontTalk in the same blog.
^ This ^
I was incredibly confused by that, as 9-Bs do that all the time.

I S T I L L N E E D L I N K S
Im workin on it, i kina took an impromptu nap :p

Awesome. Make sure to get some sleep, sorry for bugging ya.

P.S.: I'm not trying to downgrade, I'm actually gonna see if I can calc the feats and have non-baseline SCP be a thing.

Its aight, its actually a good thing that i went back through 682's tales because i found one where 682 was undamaged by natural lightning which further support's its tier

Ah, gotcha. I'd still message Zany about it, apparently there was discussion about that.

If you find any other feats, make sure to put em up here and I'll calc them if I can.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Kinda disappointed in some of the new standards on/direction of the foundation's site, to be honest. Oh well.
Yeah, Kaktus and Bright are both assholes. Only Zyn is any good, to be honest.

They removed the rating module?

Pffft. I honestly don't care about the politics but making an SCP immune from critique is crossing a line.

Wasn't the controversy about 2721 what prompted people to break off and form RCP?

@Wok

It might have been one of the last straws for some people, but the foundation's management has been shifting for quite some time, and not everyone is too happy with the way things are going.

Ignoring the politics, I think quite a few things from a writing perspective have been getting notably worse due to some of the new mentalities.

The Everlasting said:
What happened with 2721?
People didn't like it, a lot of that was just randomly grouped under "trolling" by the creator and mods, and then its rating function was disabled so people couldn't as easily see how much it was disliked. Needless to say, a lot of people weren't happy about this.

There's probably a bit more, but this is what I remember.

The rating module was specifically moved from it because a youtuber with a few hundred thousand subs made a video on the recent SCPWiki drama, also bringing up article 2721. After that, a lot of existing/dormant accounts on the wiki started downvoting 2721.

Whether this is due to brigading or just having it brought to their attention and not liking it, it's tough to tell, but the staff decided to shut down ratings for it anyway.

@Azathoth What are the new changes with the writing mentality? I haven't actually been keeping up with much meta stuff about the SCPwiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back