• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Discussion Thread 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
what

okay I guess that seals the deal but

still, if not for that being a thing I'd still think that a story where literally anyone can say what they believe is and isn't canon sounds like something that belongs on FC/OC

WeeklyBattles said:
SCP is getting an officially published light novel you know
Correction: A light novel unrelated to the SCP Foundation website is being made by an independent publisher, which is actually sort of illegal due to Creative Commons liscensing rules, although them being in Japan sort of circumvents that.

heavy rethinking of my confidence in this being a VSBW sort of verse

Trooper there is already an effort going on to try to sort this out, and nobody's really sure rn. Please don't ask about random SCP's being somewhere in tier 1 or 0, it'll just annoy people.

Here's a three question test for if a verse belongs on VSBW.

A) Can fans or wiki members contribute to the plot/canon of the series? If yes, is there no meaningful control over this by an author or group of authors?

B) Does the series not follow a cohesive plot or set of plots? Do these plots use elements from other fictional continuities, exempting Easter eggs and the like?

C) Is the verse part of a shitpost or meme?

If any of these questions answer yes on all parts then it shouldn't be on the site.

Wokistan said:
Trooper there is already an effort going on to try to sort this out, and nobody's really sure rn. Please don't ask about random SCP's being somewhere in tier 1 or 0, it'll just annoy people.
Sorry, it's just confusing because there's a lot of stuff about SCP.

I don't think it meshes well with VSBW what with how we've had so many threads trying to figure out how to accommodate stuff from it, but it's too established to delete. That'd just be a huge waste of a lot of work and time.

Wokistan said:
I don't think it meshes well with VSBW what with how we've had so many threads trying to figure out how to accommodate stuff from it, but it's too established to delete. That'd just be a huge waste of a lot of work and time.
I bet you guys are doing hard work on this wiki.

WeeklyBattles said:
It meshes just fine, people just make it into a bigger deal than it needs to be for no reason
There's tons of things that are issues with how they should be handled (a few of which have been resolved). Most of the verse is fine, or at least not worse than other somewhat complicated series, but when you get to stuff like author pages, joke pages, and pataphysics there's a lot of hard choices to make without obvious answers.

Apparently some of them are canon.

Also, dado acknowledges them as real, and even sent one to the Foundation.

Edit: Granted, it's a dado from another universe.

Yes. Fun fact, that dado runs the Foundation in his universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back