• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dargoo You want a kickass character with awesome powers read Dread and Circuses. The main character has the powers of both yaldabaoth and mekhane on top of her own abilities.

Yaldaboath and Mekhane?

Ho shit. I'm not going to make high tier profiles though. 3125 apparently is a train wreck after I chatted about how it doesn't really have concept manip.

Plus Building level is more my jive anyways.

I'm not familiar with that character, but I could clean up the grammar if you want.

@holy I had a calc done for one of their prototype mechs a while back but it never got properly evaluated

WeeklyBattles said:
@holy I had a calc done for one of their prototype mechs a while back but it never got properly evaluated
I know that the GOC's 'White Suits' (Their standard battlesuit) can do the following:

1. They are completely invisible, (Except in the ultraviolet and upper-EM spectrums, and even then they're still only barely visible).

2. They are shown to be able to "smash through concrete and rebar like tissue paper"

3. They are passively shrouded by a cognitohazardous compulsion not to notice them.

5. Move at over 60 mph (26.8224 m/s).

6. The foundation had to make a super-gun that fired 20mm cannon shells (Same stuff they put on fighter jets) in order to punch through their armor, the armor itself is described to "shrug off weapons fire up to and beyond .50 caliber BMG." and "The rifle is our current best chance to punch through a White Suit's armor without also taking out an entire city block."

7. They can self-destruct.

And probably some other stuff I missed.

UHEC's would be 9-A for being able to tank a Ratte Landkreuzer shot at point-blank range (Its also consistent because UHECS are stated to able to smash through small buildings).

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo You want a kickass character with awesome powers read Dread and Circuses. The main character has the powers of both yaldabaoth and mekhane on top of her own abilities.
And you didn't tell me about it. c': ovo

so, one of the first things (that i know of) to come from that k-class scenaria contest is the "end of death" or ╬®K scenario, which seems to be the opposite of the cave, although whether it extends to animal scps is not stated, it most likely does

from what i can tell, this either constitutes very higher level life/death manip, or, if you really want to stretch this as far as possible, conceptual manip (removing the concept of death).

also, the ED-K-class "Lethe" scenario appears to be a continuation of 3002

Unless it's explained more in detail, the End of Death scenario seems more like a very powerful worldwide Type 2 and limited Type 3 immortality, with limited regen likely at Mid.

I wouldn't say it's on the same level as the cave, especially since the cava managed to kill 682.l

It still doesn't make sense to me how the cave could kill hyperversal beings that reside in multiple universes, have precognition, and are superior to beings that reside outside of any universe and have the ability to travel between universes and into pocket dimensions.

I still prefer the interpretation of the cave creating a universe where all life stopped being alive, and all objects stopped being anomalous. This is a much easier feat, misses the contradictions, and the only thing pushing the "it actually killed them" narrative is a single, short, vague WoG statement.

Agnaa said:
It still doesn't make sense to me how the cave could kill hyperversal beings that reside in multiple universes, have precognition, and are superior to beings that reside outside of any universe and have the ability to travel between universes and into pocket dimensions.
I still prefer the interpretation of the cave creating a universe where all life stopped being alive, and all objects stopped being anomalous. This is a much easier feat, misses the contradictions, and the only thing pushing the "it actually killed them" narrative is a single, short, vague WoG statement.
i've mentioned this before, but the issue with saying that it just created a universe where everything is alreedy dead is that it's unfalsifiable (plus, wasn't the cave (or the affect it has) made the brothers death?).

I'm not quite sure how to phrase my thoughts on this, but I'll try.

It is falsifiable. It's fiction. Maybe the extra-temporal site zero sees a new universe pop into existence every time the cave is crossed, maybe it doesn't. But I see what you mean, from our current amount of information we can't tell the difference, so what we usually do in reality for stuff like this is take the answer which requires the least amount of assumptions. I think it's a bigger assumption to assume there's a cave which can kill hyperversals but not on a hyperversal scale, and has 1-B anti-precog, anti-universe hopping, and anti-omniscience (since somehow none of the god-tiers realize it exists and gtfo to the library or something before it happens).

I don't know what you mean by the cave making the brothers death.

As far as I can tell that's headcanon.

If the cave was made by the Brothers Death, and it can kill the Scarlet King, why did they even bother to get 1440 roaming around Earth, gathering soldiers for the army against the Scarlet King?

IDK if it is nulled (Although take what I say with a grain of salt as I'm not fluent with the Foundation's higher dimensional jazz), it seems more like their influence was removed from that particular universe.

Still incredibly powerful, although I think it takes more assumptions to say that the event nulled The Brothers Death entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back