• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dargoo Faust said:
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3426I was in love with this, and then someone commented that there's likely a connection between this and the Pattern Screamers.
Hoo boy.
that exploration log is pretty freaky, and seems to show what can happen when 3930 is known by too many people (aka, the fermi paradox (apparently, or at least something that causes it))

might be difficult, like with the cave, although it seems to show that the screamer is somehow related to intelligent living being, possibly somehow being created by them, although theres no real evidence for this

It's described as the multiverse trying to wipe out the civilizations but that's pretty dubious at best considering the statement came from someone who was likely to be insane.

If the connection is confirmed though, we likely have one of the most Haxxed planet levels out there, with Conceptual/Temporal/Mental/Physical existence erasure and non-existent physiology.

i don't really see how this is definitively planet level but i can see it being absurdly haxxed for basically any tier you put it in, although whether or not a screamer is comparable to a neverwere isn't really determinable so far, and may be completely one-sided based on what we know about neverweres

I'd say planet level. It causes spatial and temporal distortion over the entire area of a planet, and it turned the mantle of a planet larger than earth into solid pink glass.

affecting an area the size of a planet is just really high range, although the other part is definitely a pretty good lower bound a screamers power, since thats some pretty good transmutation/reality warping

Isn't affecting the surface of a planet just multi-continent?

Agnaa said:
Isn't affecting the surface of a planet just multi-continent?
"Analysis of the mantle of the planet revealed that it had been transformed to a perfectly smooth, transparent layer of pink glass."

"This conclusion is something that affects everything. Not just on the planet, everywhere.[CORRUPTED] that exists. We are n[CORRUPTED] and as I stare further and further into the sandgrains that make this world, I am further convinced that they are built out of mist and magic."

"We delved too far, knew too much. We wanted to know secrets which were not meant for the mortals to know; questions of gods and creators, questions of the elementary makeup of everything. Now we face the apocalypse. Divine punishment for our transgressions.

We have little left to say. In the coming days, you will find that the domain of physical meaning will shatter into a billion pieces. Specifically, this planet will be ravaged: both by a massive upheaval in universal laws that is roughly equivalent to the entire planet becoming a high-intensity hostile matter-affecting anomaly"

"you can take the preliminary space shuttle we have made out of all the anomalous material we still have left. It will get you far, but not much farther; from what we understand, it is the very fabric of the multiverse itself that is coming to blot us out."

So the ghost girl, 2996

What happened at the end of the file? It says she was non-anomalized and put up for adoption as "Samantha Peddleton" but then says Samantha doesn't exist. So what happened? Ghost Girl broke free and memory haxed everyone?

"You contain the strange and anomalous because they threaten your world, but you're applying salve to symptoms. The root is entropy. Something inevitable. Something you cannot outrun, try as you might. Existence is an infinitely complex tapestry of realities, each neatly aligned above and below each other. Entropy frays the edges, and things begin to… leak through."

"I have seen it. Calvin Desmet saw it, in the moment before his soul was cast into darkness. Everything you have contained because you cannot explain it comes from somewhere else, somewhere it can be explained. A different reality, one that seeps into yours. Entropy exacerbates this. Over time the borders will disappear entirely, and your world, just like all worlds, will become a pandaemonium of infinite realities competing for relevance over each other. Your world will die. All worlds will die. They will feast on each other as they suffocate and then they will die. This is not a hypothetical; it is inevitability."

"Calvin did the math in the moments before he entered the void. Order cannot exist forever in a universe that lingers on disorder. One line can stretch on forever, but infinitely many lines invites chaos. Points that intersect. There is only one way to insure this world's future: remove all other worlds."

"You are not expected to, because you cannot see the narratives. Calvin could see them, for a moment. Calvin saw doomsday, and Calvin reasoned a way out of it. Remove all narratives but this one, and you produce a creation of one. One universe, untarnished by the influences of others. Safe. Your loved ones protected from the encroaching darkness. Your children free to live lives that do not end in horror. An end to your perpetual struggle. An end to darkness. The freedom to live in the light."

Oh this one is gonna be fun

If I'm reading that right, 001 has the ability to destroy an infinite number of realities that are composed of infinite dimensions/narratives.

Is this what I think it is?

We're not talking about it yet as the work is still being written so its not done yet but if it actually ends up being High 1-B it would scale to everyone who is currently 1-B

I don't think we should scale people who aren't 001 itself to the Narratives. There was even a thread on why Narratives Ôëá Dimensions

But

eh

Not to be rude, but even if you say narrative, that clearly seems to be only 2-A, given that these other worlds are just...universes.

Also what Saikou said

Fits well with the fact that it is supposed to cause a "end-of-all-worlds" scenario

Ultima Reality said:
I don't think we should scale people who aren't 001 itself to the Narratives. There was even a thread on why Narratives Ôëá Dimensions

But

eh
imo it should probably scale to people whose power comes from transcending things that aren't dimensions (001-Kate McTiriss, 001-Swann, 3812).

Assuming the feat's actually above 2-A.

someone needs to make a foundation civ page, since this, if i understand it correctly, is the foundation being able to partially contain a being capable of destroying infinite dimensions/narratives (if this is isn't just destroying universes)

Hl3 or bust said:
someone needs to make a foundation civ page, since this, if i understand it correctly, is the foundation being able to partially contain a being capable of destroying infinite dimensions/narratives (if this is isn't just destroying universes)
Working on it, its going to be massive

I'd say Gensokyo vs The Foundation (Hidden Fantasy World vs Hidders of Fantasy Stuff), but then rip Gensokyo. Hard.

Or GL Labs vs The Foundation but same result.

The newest apotheosis hub page has some interesting feats/hax, both for foundation tech and for mutant's abilities. Tale here.

Here's a speedy calc for the Neutron star arm feat:

Human body's surface area is 1.9 meters squared, 4.5 percent of which makes up one of your arms.

That's around .0855 meters squared for your arm, and the neutron star layer was stated to be a nanometer thick.

Which gives us around 8.55 × 10-8 liters of neutron star. That's 8.55e-5 milliters.

Apparently 5 milliliters of Neutron star is equivalent to the mass of the great pyramid of Gaza, or 5.5×1012 kg.

Divide that by five, you get 1.1 x 1012, which you then multiply by 8.55e-5

Final amount of mass he generated was 94,050,000 kg.

Technically speaking the arm should be much larger than that, but that's assuming its human sized.

Because infinity minus one is still infinity. It requires the exact same amount of power to destroy infinite narratives as it does to destroy infinite minus one narratives or infinite plus one narratives.

On that proposal, while narratives does seem to usually be used for layers of reality-fiction abstraction, and infinite of those would be High 1-B, it doesn't explicitly state in that article that narratives means that, and so it could just be 2-A. I'm neutral on the topic right now, as much as I'd love a High 1-B KateMcTiriss proposal.

Also, even if this tech was High 1-B, I don't think it should scale to the foundation as a whole. It's an anomaly created by accident, the Foundation hasn't shown itself capable of recreating it or creating an anomaly matching it in power, and it is overall a huge outlier compared to the rest of their tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back