• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
From 182's base article:

This has no consistent effect on personnel, and some guards have rotated on and off on a regular basis for the past ÔûêÔûê years without detrimental effects. However, prolonged exposure to SCP-182's passive 'sensory borrowing' results in vivid visual and auditory hallucinations in 97% of humans and 100% of nonhuman test subjects.

So it has no consistent effect on personnel... yet 97% of personnel are affected? What?

Holyhotsauce said:
The Cave didn't kill SK, it killed SCP-2317 (Devourer of Worlds), who Clef stated is not The Scarlet King.
Was 2317 even mentioned in The Cave's article?

I thought the idea that the cave killed things, and killed SK, came from someone in discussion asking "Does it kill things up to the level of the Scarlet King?" and the author said "There's a long answer, but the short answer is yes."

Also I need to read omega-k as well.

from what i understand, the scarlet king is more of an abstract concept than a real being, which shouldn't really change too much

It amuses me, the difference between how we treat the Scarlet King here (big higher dimensional world destroying entity) and how Montauk treats it (some old deity figure in a cult)

Edit: Or at least how he initially treats it.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
From 182's base article:
This has no consistent effect on personnel, and some guards have rotated on and off on a regular basis for the past ÔûêÔûê years without detrimental effects. However, prolonged exposure to SCP-182's passive 'sensory borrowing' results in vivid visual and auditory hallucinations in 97% of humans and 100% of nonhuman test subjects.

So it has no consistent effect on personnel... yet 97% of personnel are affected? What?
Can someone explain what I'm missing here?

Mainly because its a higher dimensional being that's going to battle the concepts of death.

Also, is 2935 going to get a profile?

Edit: Nvm, found it

Could argue semantics over it being the event having the profile, not the scp.

Won't.

Where is it stated that it killed the incomplete scarlet king? Or is that in Djakus' WoG?

I can't seem to find the statement, so its best to disregard my earlier remarks.

Anyway, Tufto's proposal makes SK even more OP, as the events we see in 'When We Come Home' and "Dust and Blood" were likely performed by mere aspects of the larger conceptual consciousness that is the Scarlet King.

Monarch Laciel said:
Could argue semantics over it being the event having the profile, not the scp.

Won't.

Where is it stated that it killed the incomplete scarlet king? Or is that in Djakus' WoG?
It's WoG in the discussion page for it, on page 11.

I *do* have a question.

Now that Tufto's proposal is pretty well received and got several comments of approval from Clef, should we rename the SK's profile to "SCP-001 (Tufto's Proposal)?" Or should we do something similar to the Kaktus-Gears proposal and make a separate profile?

I mean, there should at least be "SCP-001" on the names section of the SK, then, if we aren't changing the name.

from what i can tell, the SK seen in dust and blood and other tales may either be a fragment (in the case of U2Ts, that was most likely his entire "being", since it required a hyperversal time reset to stop him from being at full power) or the true SK (like in U2Ts), and it makes sense that it would take some serious conceptual fuckery to even stand a chance against the literal embodiments of death

The only time we see the king at his full strength is in 'When We Came Home', everything else is an aspect or a weakened version depending on the tale

Also technically the article makes the tale Starch and Cream alt universe canon

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Arrogant Schmuck said:
From 182's base article:

Can someone explain what I'm missing here?
Bump

WeeklyBattles said:
The only time we see the king at his full strength is in 'When We Came Home', everything else is an aspect or a weakened version depending on the tale
if i'm reading the tale correctly, isabel and a bunch of other people didn't kill SK, but weakened him enough for the brothers to take him, which means that the other SK she fought was just a fragment

also, either SK himself or his armies where able to, intially, stalemate an army of everything that had ever died (which should include hevel and whatever U2Ts cain was called, since it mentions how all times were called upon), and later began to win,

Anyone here know any calc group members that would review an SCP Calc? Specifically, the calc of a beam attack.

WeeklyBattles said:
^^^

I mean, When We Came Home has the Brothers Death forming an army which consists of the souls of every single living thing that ever existed across all of existence. All to do battle with the Scarlet King and his forces

So

Everything may really be 1-B

I REALLY hope PIS can be applied to scips and tales.

(EDIT): I also think SCP should follow scaling rules for comics, maybe even stricter than that, but that's for another thread.

They do, theyre in the process of being applied but the Scarlet King's new entry as an 001 basically solidifies the fact that SCPs vary in very different ways from universe to universe

For instance, prime reality 871 is a cake that is completely under control by the Foundation, whereas an alternate reality 871 killed that universe's aspect of the Scarlet King

WeeklyBattles said:
They do, theyre in the process of being applied but the Scarlet King's new entry as an 001 basically solidifies the fact that SCPs vary in very different ways from universe to universe
For instance, prime reality 871 is a cake that is completely under control by the Foundation, whereas an alternate reality 871 killed that universe's aspect of the Scarlet King
boi

what even

Doesn't the 001 article also confirm that not all aspects of the SK are as strong as the other?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Dargoo Faust said:
Doesn't the 001 article also confirm that not all aspects of the SK are as strong as the other?
Not all aspects of SK are 1-B, if that's what you mean.
Okay, good. I was worried we'd have a really odd 1-B upgrade and the subsequent streak of meme battles between the cake and other 1-Bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back