• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Discussion Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2nd Existential Seed said:
In fact even if you resist a 1-A, you still are High 1-B, just unimaginably high-end High 1-B .
If you take a blow from a 1-A you are instantly 1-A iirc.

If this goes through, everyone will be just a bunch of High 1-Bs

While Swann would likely be 1-A, since... it sees the entire Foundationverse as a story, putting it at High 1-B would be like saying i am limited by the dimensions contained in the cosmology of a fictional story i created

But i doubt this will go through so... Eh

@Ultima The same reasoning could be used even with this current level of dimensions. Yet it isn't. All this shows is that Swann transcends more dimensions than he used to.

Except that the verse is actually confirmed to have infinite-dimensional stuff now, and regardless, the Tier of characters such as Swann still depends on feats and dimensional scale (despite their natural transcendence over all concepts and stuff) and... It turns out we do have a statement that is basically the peak of dimensional tiering, so it is pretty safe to assume Swann isn't bound by the dimensions of something he literally sees as a fictional story (a.k.a The Foundationverse literally doesn't exist in its perspective), again, unless you want to say that i am bound by the dimensions contained in a story i wrote

But the Infinite-D thingy isn't going through to there is no point arguing. ovo

Apparently, content mods revert anything that they don't consider legitimate mere minutes, at best hours after it's edited in.

The same guy who wrote this in vandalized a page, it was edited out a minute later lol

They do seem to consider this legitimate.

"So it's pretty safe to assume Swann isn't bound by the dimensions [...]" That's the leap in logic I have a problem with. Swann may transcend the infinite dimensions of the Foundation, but nothing is saying that he isn't bound by any higher dimensions. Simply being a higher amount of dimensions doesn't change that.

And there is no "peak" to dimensional tiering. It may be the highest in our system, but High 1-B isn't any closer to 1-A than 11-B is. You can always be stronger, more transcendent of a High 1-B without being 1-A.

To be fair the High 1-B statement is hard to debunk. The only question lies in whether or not it should be accepted and the questions regarding 1-A.

The very existence of the statement in the Foundation's website is controversial enough to warrant a thread, let alone the upgrades themselves.

There is nothing to debunk.

There is controversy, though. Anyone can edit collabs. Actually, i'm nclose to 100% sure that the reason why the guy edited this into the 2722 section was because it is a collab, and collabs don't need to be approved by the content mods or by the critters.

So he wouldn't have to worry about it being torn down.

Basically:

SCP articles = Document Logs written by the author > Tales > Collab Edits.

However, we obviously still accept collabs (SCP-682's feats), so I don't know.

So, should a thread be made regarding this High 1-B statement and its controversy? or we just wait for Lord Azathoth to debunk the undebunkeable and forget this statement ever existed

Everyone talking about infinite dimensional stuff, and here I'm wondering if a profile can be made for Richard C. Normus and his clown pose. ovo

Technically, him editing it in for vsdebating is just a theory we have. His edit reason, according to the log of the page, is "I had this idea yesterday. Thought it'd be good to add".

Anyway...

Infinitely transcending a High 1-B threshold does not make you a 1-A like other tiers.

Look at the Downstreamers, Ga or the Crimson King to find out why.

This even applies to transcending all of space and time, or being beyond spatio-temporal dimensions.

Unless the concept of dimensions is transcended, or it's made very apparent that they are unlimited by dimensions, being beyond infinite, infinitely infinite, or indescribably infinite dimensions doesn't make you anything more than a higher end High 1-B. However, I'm not so sure we should even count the High 1-B stuff. This sounds more like a case of 1-B, possibly higher to me.

@Aeyu

Well, i am not saying that Swann should be 1-A because he transcends infinite-dimensions

But because the entire verse, and all of its concepts, are just nonexistent fiction to him, which he can modify and change at will

But i understand not accepting that as 1-A

and this isn't going to go through anyway so, :c

If the SCP-wiki accepts it, we will have little say on the matter.

This warrants its own thread, tho.

I have a lot of profiles to make, i should just make a sandbox so you guys can put suggestions in so i can keep track of them

I would love to help, but I'm on phone 95% of the time and my internet is... [REDACTED] ovo

Plus, I haven't really done a profile before.

@Ultima

This would just be another case of At least High 1-B then, if this went through.

For instance, the Crimson King transcends the entirety of dimensional existence and its concepts, but it's unknown if he's undimensioned to the level of Gan. He's kind of in-between that threshold, or right on top of it. This is sort of the same kind of thing. The Downstreamers also transcend dimensional existence and its concepts, but not necessarily the abstract nature of dimensions, which is necessitative for this sort of tier.

Because talking about an existence beyond the explicit concept of physical dimensions does enter the philosophical. Only abstract logic, ultra-advanced math and philosophy even dare to address the aspatial and atemporal.

And 1-A is simple. It's defined by it's definition, which is pretty short.

Beings beyond the concept of dimensions.

However, addressing a threshold of where High 1-B ends and 1-A begins is complicated. It's led to revisions of the meaning of 1-A and discussions about a Low 1-A tier in the past, both of which have been extremely contentious, and what I've mentioned above is currently the accepted method for dealing with these situations. 1-A needs to be quite an explicit thing and not something inferred.

SITHISIT said:
why can't 1-A just be simple.

I mean we're not aiming to all have PHD's in philosophy here
Otherwise, I think you'd get lot more people trying to boost their favorite character up to 1A. So it has to have some layer of complexity and detail. One reality warper may not be equal to another superior one. The devil's in the details.

Well, I was under the impression that a separate thread was to be created where the shitstorm to end all shitstorms will be held.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back