• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Discussion Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
3812 wasn't even a thing when The True Neverwere appeared

He is canonically a being created by a being that is literally one of the authors of the site

Either a oneshot or he wouldn't comprehend the thing, since his perception is no better than that of a 3-D being

hence why he is so... crazy and has so many mental problems

Also

....is it weird that in a verse that contains a whole plethora of Eldritch Abominations and beings supposed to be disturbing, i have only found two that really... disturbed me? ._.

Not even a butcher knife that when wielded by someone with aggresive intentions, creates an "apathy field" that stops anyone nearby from helping the person who is being attacked by the person using it?

Well, he is constantly ascending throughout all narratives, until he is either freed from all of them or keeps ascending forever

Ultima Reality said:
Also
....is it weird that in a verse that contains a whole plethora of Eldritch Abominations and beings supposed to be disturbing, i have only found two that really... disturbed me? ._.
Tbh,they dont disturb me,they actually amuse me

Well,with some exceptions

See, this is the thing about not having any dimensions. I made a character profile on here recently for a being that is stated to be non-existent and to not possess any dimensions, as well as being eternal, and they were only rated at Low 1-C due to being vastly > a High 2-A. The Downstreamers are beyond space-time dimensions as well, as outlined in their profile, but they aren't necessarily beyond its limitations or concept. Unless the High 1-B thing happened, it would just be considered a higher gradient of 1-B. And even with all of what I've said above, the Chaos Gods/highest tiers of 40K also aren't limited by dimensions, but they're still only High 1-B. I don't think this is any exception to the rule, or else you'd need to upgrade all of the above too.

Read what I put about the Chaos Gods. Ynnead vastly transcends their existence and he's still only High 1-B. Not to mention the Downstreamers, who transcend an infinitely infinite number of dimensions and concepts to an indeterminate degree.

And last I checked the High 1-B thing wasn't really agreed upon yet.

And... When did i ever say anything about transcending ? That had nothing to do with my point about it being dimensionless ...

I know. Just something to consider in the near future

""SCP-3930 is a static void located within a 1km perimeter near Usinsk, Russia established by Soviet scientists in the early 1970s. SCP-3930 does not emit or absorb light or sound, does not have shape or texture, cannot be passed through, cannot be interacted with, cannot be manipulated in any way, and has no dimension. Through extensive testing using a variety of techniques, Foundation researchers have been able to certify with 99.999% accuracy that absolutely nothing exists within the region described as SCP-3930."

If you had the faintest idea of the ridiculous amount of characters from Tier Low 2-C to 1-B who would be 1-A going by the logic of this remotely qualifying for 1-A...

But what I'm saying is that doesn't necessitate 1-A, as shown in the examples I gave.

@Aeyu

Wait so, having no dimensions (as in, physical or spatial dimensions) is not necessarily 1-A?

......that was the weirdest and most relieving thing i ever heard in a while, thanks :~:

dimensionless can just mean that something has no physical or defined size. Just like "infinite in dimensions" can mean infinite size.

If you're talking about the High 1-B thing on that last part, it goes out of its way to make the fact that it is talking about geometric dimensions clear several times.

Also:

"Should we incorporate this in our theory? I mean, it's something that can be proven, no?"

"(In response to the above) No. Abide by the rules."

The characters themselves reject the speculation.

Don't they say right before that that those higher dimensions are just beyond their understanding and pursuing the matter would be pointless?

Matthew you forgot to look at the "abide by the rules"

the person wasnt saying it was incorrect, he was just saying "**** off its against the rules to use this lmao"

He meant: "No, you cannot incorporate this into your theory, it's against the rules to."

the guy didnt mean "you cant prove it, this is false" he meant that it was against the rules to use it.

It is 100% speculation on the character's part and only 100,000K dimensions are verified to exist. The rest is pure speculation, one character's conclusion which is literally rejected in the next paragraph. A vague note in the middle of an article that people are taking too literally.

The whole thing about SCP is that it is supposed to be vague and things taken with a grain of salt. Is why there are so many SCP-001s.

Also, THIS THREAD HAS BEEN UP FOR ONLY A FEW HOURS LESS THAN A MONTH AND ALREADY HAS 400+ REPLIES, wtf even happend?

SITHISIT said:
Matthew you forgot to look at the "abide by the rules"
the person wasnt saying it was incorrect, he was just saying "**** off its against the rules to use this lmao"

He meant: "No, you cannot incorporate this into your theory, it's against the rules to."

the guy didnt mean "you cant prove it, this is false" he meant that it was against the rules to use it.
Okay, and? That still doesn't prove it is correct. The theory is 100% unprovable but also 100% unfalsifiable. It is worthless to use.

@Ultima

Yes, I listed several links to characters and stuff with these attributes in my post above, at the center of which being Nagilum, who literally existed in a void with no spatiotemporal dimensions as stated by a character, being non-existent to a system that may have been able to detect up to at least 26 dimensions, and being only At least Low 1-C .-.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Is why there are so many SCP-001s.
They make a bunch of them so they can hide the existence of swann. Nobody needs to know that the world is fiction.

also remember: HE NEVER SAID SHIT ABOUT IT BEING FALSE, THE "NO" WAS SAYING THAT HE COULD NOT USE IT BECAUSE IT WAS AGAINST THE RULES.

and the library said that there was actually clear evidence in there to back up the infinite-d claim. Not just speculation and hypothesis, e v i d e n c e.

Everyone refers to the theory as fact and evidence. The word "speculation" is never used.

The name of the race translates to "knowledge".

It is clearly meant to be fact, and not speculation.

Ever heard of Burden of Proof? You have to prove it is correct. Proving that something doesn't exist when there's no proof it even exists is impossible.

I can't prove that pink unicorns that shoot rainbows out of their asses don't exist. Doesn't mean they do exist.

Kepekley23 said:
Everyone refers to the theory as fact and evidence. The word "speculation" is never used.
The name of the race translates to "knowledge".

It is clearly meant to be fact, and not speculation.
They are still in-universe people with subjective interpretations and beliefs and biases. That is not at all proof.

The name of the race is even less legit. It is just a word. Not real confirmation.

No it isn't. In SCP almost nothing is meant to be fact.

but matthew, these people had e v i d e n c e to back up their claim that there were infinite spatial dimensions. Not just speculation or something like that, they had evidence, the foundation even decided to place it in as evidence instead of speculation, they truly did think it was evidence there was infinite spatial dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back