• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

resistance to disease manipulation and biological manipulation for scp-682 extended canon?

there was a test between scp-682 and scp-217 (the clockwork virus)

and scp-682 resisted it

Just hit ctrl + F and put scp-217 and you'll get there but i'll just show it if you don't bother trying

Item: SCP-217

Tissue test record: Positive. Tissue was affected by infection and follow typical symptoms.

Termination Test Log: SCP-217 has been pumped into SCP-682's cell via gas pipe. SCP-682's cell has been sealed with a decontamination airlock between him and the researchers. The following log was captured by a camera on the east wall of the containment chamber.

[Begin Log]

<1 second> SCP-682 is observed sitting.

<7 seconds> SCP-217 gas has been ejected into the containment area.

<21 seconds> SCP-682 is visibly coughing as SCP-217 enters SCP-682’s respiratory system.

SCP-682 is observed to have no visible reaction to SCP-217 for 9 days.

<224 hours 36 minutes 24 seconds> SCP-682 begins howling in visible agony, as conversion begins.

SCP-682 continues to roar in pain for 35 minutes 48 seconds

<225 hours 12 minutes 12 seconds> SCP-682's screams slowly get quieter until they are completely silent. SCP-682 appears to be in shock.

SCP-682 remains silent for for 36 minutes 48 seconds.

<225 hours 49 minutes> SCP-682 begins laughing manically and is now immune to SCP-217.

[End Log]

Notes: Alright, even though the infection did not kill SCP-682, I found this test promising. All the infectious SCP's SCP-682 has been exposed to, he is now immune to. I request to do further study on SCP-682 as we might be able to create a vaccine/cure to some incurable diseases or even create our own SCP-500. -Dr Isla Stewart

because scp 217 has

Disease Manipulation, Biological Manipulation

does this also mean scp-682 is immune/resistant to status effect inducement as well?

Status Effect Inducement, Mind Manipulation (Diminished the mental state of its target after the brain has been integrated, specifically slowing their creative processes and intelligence)

do we need resistance to negation too or no? (since it Greatly slows regenerative processes)

Speaking of which i think scp-217 should have in it's attack potency (can ignore durability with disease manipulation and biological manipulation)

Edit:

here's scp-217 profile so you know it has those powers

That makes sense. By the end of the experiment, it’s immune, so that should work. Additionally, it gave itself immunity to several scps with disease manip, so yeah it should safely have resists disease Manip.

That makes sense. By the end of the experiment, it’s immune, so that should work. Additionally, it gave itself immunity to several scps with disease manip, so yeah it should safely have resists disease Manip.

does biological manipulation count too?

because scp-217 also changes your biology as well?

It’s verbatim stated by the reasearcher that it’s immune, so it should have resistance to basically all of 217s page

okay but i suggest we put resistance to biological manipulation as well on the page. (considering i do not see biological manipulation resistance on 682's page and it's part of 217's powers)

status effect inducement as well

also do you think this is a good idea stek?

put on 217's page

Speaking of which i think scp-217 should have in it's attack potency (can ignore durability with disease manipulation and biological manipulation)

status effect inducement as well

also do you think this is a good idea stek?

put on 217's page

I mean, isn’t that an obvious conclusion when talking about diseases? Your disease manip is prob pretty crappy if it needs ap to work

can we put a triple resistance to disease, biological, and status effect inducement? (since it has all three, scp-217)

and because i do not see those 3 on the resistance tab

also should we say in 217's AP that it can ignore durability with it's powers?
Yes but it would have to have context.

just say resistance to disease and biological manipulation plus status effect inducement (resisted the effects of scp-217, a disease which Converts biological organs and flesh into metal objects)
Mostly right but the “metals” are still carbon and normal elements in the body.

Let me know when you're done

done but sir ovens if you have a better way of wording it and stuff let me know and change it a bit.

also could you find a way to put a link to the scp-217 test 682 had. (i don't want people to click on it and try to find it on their own, some people don't know crtl+F and stuff)

and uh should scp-217's AP say (can ignore conventional durability through disease and biological manipulation)?

Back