• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-079 Profile Rehaul (And Lizard Boyfriend upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
Alright I said I'd update SCP-079's profile later and I guess later is now. I might have wanted to revise Mekhane/WAN first but this profile shouldn't rely too much on it.

So here is my sandbox of the updated profile. Don't mind the remains of the old CRT down here. There is a lot of things, but I'll go step by step on what I added.

Article Canon doesn't get much of anything new, just speed for its transmissions through the internet and some abilities befit of it being an AI. Notably, it gets Reactive Evolution and Accelerated Development, due to its whole nature of being made to self-improve endlessly.

Extended Universe gets a lot more stuff. This key is mostly based on the AIAD canon, as it is heavily linked with SCP-079, although it includes other pieces of canon that don't directly contradict it. It gets the usual stats of AIs in the AIAD Canon, High 1-A for existing in the Cybersphere, which exists on the same level as the Noosphere. But as with most other AIs, this isn't useable for anything except fighting other informational entities. This key would also include the events of Visions of a Better world, where SCP-079 invades all of humanity. Twice. And in both instances, wipe it out with nuclear weapons, hence its 7-B rating with its highest available equipment.

This Key also gets mind manipulation, due to its ability to use memetic kill hazards in SCP-7579, as well as other abilities such as Holy Manipulation for being WAN and thus producing Akiva Radiations, and electricity manipulation for it being able to cause blackouts. Note that as the profile says at the bottom, SCP-079 wouldn't scale to WAN directly. It is most likely just a fragment of WAN, not the greater deity. So it... doesn't get much from this association.

It would also get a Key for the Third Law Canon. Now the tale most of this info comes from isn't directly from Third Law, it is merely a tale considered canon to Third Law, but it is the only canon known to use the lore present in it prominently, so this is essentially the key for Third Law. In it, SCP-079 is a "Demon", which in this context refers to invisible beings capable of manipulating the world through electricity. These are used in many electronic products, including SCP-079. As such, SCP-079 gains minor abilities such as Incorporeality (though its computer is obviously physical), magnetism and electricity manipulation.

And finally, the big one, the SCP-7579 key. Now, strictly speaking, SCP-7579 isn't SCP-079. It is a program created by SCP-079, who deleted itself in order to give more memory for it. But it is effectively the successor of SCP-079. It acts similarly, has the exactly same goals and effectively replaces SCP-079. So it is included on its profile. This Key scales above all the feats and abilities of 079 (except for its Demonics counterpart), but also gains its own:

It gains passive Memory Manipulation, due to its Antimemetic nature. It gets some weird matter and metal manip, since it has the ability to "melt" things and transform them into more computer parts for itself.

But more importantly, is the stuff towards the end of the article. Now the ending is vague, but the details are mostly provided by WoG, directly on the article's comment section. Now this might be weird to use, as Place refers to it as his "headcanon", but it is the better interpretation for these otherwise unexplained events. As well, this explanation is directly referred to on-site, with Project Isorropía directly referring to SCP-7579 as a "multiversal chronological entity". So, it will be used.

At the end of the article, SCP-7579 has become at least partially incorporeal, running on Tachyons (the particles deciding the flow of time), allowing it to affect the past and future. It can thus retcon things in the past to help it, or take over a future organization. And by the end of it, SCP-7579 has successfully taken over every being on Earth and goes on to reconstruct the entire timeline, using it for its own computational power.

This is easily a Low 2-C feat on its own. A time-based entity rewriting the timeline into a giant computer. But given that this is SCP, this could easily be higher. This article was made by Placeholder, the biggest contributor to the big Metafoundation cosmology and the co-writer of SCP-6747. And as we know, established in this canon is the fact that each timeline has its own Patasphere. This is made evident in SCP-6747, but is also present in other parts of the canon. So the notion of SCP-7579 taking over an entire timeline and planning to invade others in this context is a much greater feat. It is unlikely that 7579 would be able to stage a multiversal conquest without taking over the Patasphere in the process, as this is considered part of the timeline. This is the reasoning behind my "Possibly 0", as this is a quite likely interpretation of the feat in this canon. Plus, this sort of technology reaching this high is absolutely not unprecedented in this canon. Both SCP-6820 and SCP-6488 have technology capable of manipulating the Patasphere, and CORE.exe is possibly able to do the same. So I think it is reasonable to add to the profile.

And more of a bonus thing here, but it's time for a new SCP-682 feat. In this new Admonition article, the Foundation finds a way to delete concepts (actually this is more like throwing them in the multiversal Tier 0 trashbin of the verse but same thing). Obviously, they try it on SCP-682 and it doesn't ******* work. In their own words:

"Could the spawn of A’zieb have reasserted itself by "overwriting" another Anomaly? Considering the potential implications relating to SCP-6183-C's effects, further study is warranted."

Essentially, deleting SCP-682's concept causes it to "overwrite" the concept of another anomaly, deleting it and replacing it. This also causes 682 to gain some of the aspects of the anomaly. In this case, it gained the Name-based Infohazaed of SCP-4000 and some funky crystals. Note that this is main Admonition canon, and directly links to SCP-6820. And this unknown SCP has shown to be able to erase noospheric concepts before (such as SCP-Y). And that SCP-682 is a directly physical counterpart of SCP-6820-A. So this thing absolutely deleted SCP-6820-A, 682's High 1-A key. On a conceptual level. Yet it came back. So this is very explicitly proof for SCP-6820-A having High-Godly regeneration, or some variant of it. And it gives it the ability to overwrite other concepts if deleted. So this should be added to its profile.

So like. Yeah. SCP-079 gets massive buffs and 682 becomes even more unkillable. The usual.

SCP-682 gets more notes on its HGR and Absorption & Power Absorption as a result of this essentially gaining every ability of any anomaly it overwrites, it can already become nonexistent without any metaphysical concept but this is deadlier for it.

Although I think you mean Extra-Noospheric Concepts instead of Noospheric ones

Last edited:
Have you perhaps considered that AI on Lizard action is better than cookies.
DBAlrSuh.png

Include in P&A for EC a link to the Foundation's technology imo
Or remove them from equipment section

Yeah not sure how comfortable I am with linking our entire Foundation profile for cases like that. We probably can't assume any given tale would have literally everything on that file. Our Foundation profile is mainly for the Foundation's peak than the "usual" interpretation.

Yeah not sure how comfortable I am with linking our entire Foundation profile for cases like that. We probably can't assume any given tale would have literally everything on that file. Our Foundation profile is mainly for the Foundation's peak than the "usual" interpretation.
So remove it

Nah

It's still something it does objectively have. It's just vague, and linking the whole ass Foundation profile is just misleading.

What we have on the tale itself is everything we can reasonably assert about this version of the Foundation. Which isn't a lot, so "The resources of the entire Foundation" will have to do.

It would be funny to link people the current image in the profile if they do a verses battle against someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back