• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scott Pilgrim vs Sans (2-3-0)

IMG 3271
Scott Pilgrim is at an all time high. He's finally with Ramona and Gideon is defeated. One day, Scott takes a walk up the Canadian country side with Ramona before falling down a massive mountain into the underground. While Ramona goes and looks for help, Scott makes his way through the underground before finally confronting Sans. Despite not doing anything wrong, Sans decides to challenge Scott so that they would be one step closer from being free from their eternal prison underground. Scott isn't happy because he just wanted to go home and play his game boy.

Speed is =

They start 200 metres away from each other

Power of Understanding Scott and he has his Guitar on him (with an amp) along with his POU sword

Otherwise SBA

Scott Pilgrim: 2

Sans: 3

Inconclusive: 0

I'm actually not too sure about that. The energy waves can cross a room for example and there's no real way Sans knows the guitar does anything. Also one tap from these waves murders Sans

I'm not saying Scott wins, but I don't think it's super clear cut. Sans could very well step into that range and can blasted away. He still has to get in range and Scott could also move forward and start using the guitar

That being said, yes I think Sans is more likely to win.

Tbf considering the world that Sans comes from, I doubt he'd be surprised that the guitar shoots out some magic bull crap

Jackythejack said:
Tbf considering the world that Sans comes from, I doubt he'd be surprised that the guitar shoots out some magic bull crap
I guess so but probably not in the hands of a human hahaha

I still don't think Scott has a wincon here. Even with the bass, his range is sorely lacking and Sans can just bone him up the street and back without much resistance.

To be fair, that's an error on the page not the character. Scott literally emits destructive waves from his guitar that can cross a massive room and potentially further. It SHOULD be on the page

SBA assumes Scott is in his strongest form.

Scott easily takes this. For one, Scott tanks every hit from Sans without breaking a single sweat unless Sans strikes his soul. For two, Sans durability means that Scott could and will take him out with a single punch.

In-character, Scott usually just tries to melee the opponent to death. He does that to Sans, Sans dies.

If ya want, but first let me ask this. What should Scott's range be? Does it beat out At least dozens of meters via bone attacks, significantly higher via Gaster Blasters? If not then Scott loses reguardless of any crts.

However, also in-character Scott tends to not be one to fight all that much and actually prefers to outsmart his opponent unless he recognizes if they're pitifully weak/if he has a very strong motivation to fight the opponent. If he can't outsmart them, he tends to just run away. For example:

-Versus Lucas Lee, he just tricked him into dying.

-Versus Matthew Patel, he turned him into a human punching bag before running away when Matthew's demons started shooting existence erasure fireballs.

-Versus Todd Ingram, he runs away apart from the very last fight.

-Versus Roxie, he literally spends the entire fight running until the last act where he OHKOs her.

-Versus Ramona's dad, he runs the whole time.

-Versus the Twins and Gideon, he actually does fight them.

Scott does not underestimate his opponents. If he came against Sans, he'd probably run away until Sans gets tired and then kills him. Even if you assume Scott wouldn't immediately recognize Sans as a threat and would die from soul hax, that would just mean that when Scott revives with his One-Up, he'll take Sans seriously and most likely OHKO sans or run away until Sans gets tired.

Ayewale said:

Scott easily takes this. For one, Scott tanks every hit from Sans without breaking a single sweat unless Sans strikes his soul. For two, Sans durability means that Scott could and will take him out with a single punch.

In-character, Scott usually just tries to melee the opponent to death. He does that to Sans, Sans dies.
Trying to Melee Sans isn't exactly a good idea which is why I have him the bass so he had some range and some way to actually hit Sans

@APies

Well, I'd have to actually see the feat again and get it looked at but it's definitely at least if not more than a few dozen metres

Ayewale said:
And yet again someone forgets or ignores that Sans' attacks ignore durability via soul damage. Scott isn't tanking anything.

TheArsenal1212 said:
Ayewale said:

Trying to Melee Sans isn't exactly a good idea which is why I have him the bass so he had some range and some way to actually hit Sans

@APies

Well, I'd have to actually see the feat again and get it looked at but it's definitely at least if not more than a few dozen metres

Scott can perfectly melee Sans-remember, Frisk could do it and she's dozens, if not hundreds of times weaker than Scott in nearly every category. The only problem is soul hax-and well, see my above post.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Ayewale said:
And yet again someone forgets or ignores that Sans' attacks ignore durability via soul damage. Scott isn't tanking anything.
You didn't read the rest of my post.

I read your post, but Frisk has some soul resistance. Scott doesn't. Sans' attacks ignore durability and target the soul which Scott can't deal with or tank with no resistances or experience with danmaku

Scott could and will just run away, like I detailed in my post. Even if Sans manages to kill him, Scott would revive and either:

Kill Sans immediately since Sans would not have seen Scott coming back from the dead

Or:

Run away until Sans runs out of durability.

Plus, Scott could always dodge Sans attacks-again, Frisk could, absolutely no reason why Scott cannot. Also, Sans gets tired extremely quickly. This fight ends after 3 minutes of fighting. If Sans tried to mass-danmaku Scott he might pass out from exhaustion.

It took Frisk 12 entire deaths to be able to successfully dodge all of Sans's attacks. Scott only has two at best

Sans might even be able to negate the resurrection if it doesn't recreate his soul, Sans shreds resistant souls in less than a second, he can kill Scott's soul faster than that.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Lucas, Patel, Todd and Gideon were all punched first, Roxie is a girl and Knives' dad intimidated the **** outta scott.
Scott did not punch first. He came to fight Lucas, but Lucas threw the first hit. When did I say he didn't hit Gideon or Patel? Versus Todd, he runs away until the last fight, and throws only one punch before getting overpowered and ceasing to fight back.

Knives dad was also powerful and trying to kill him. Roxie was also trying to kill him at the moment.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
It took Frisk 12 entire deaths to be able to successfully dodge all of Sans's attacks. Scott only has two at best
Sans might even be able to negate the resurrection if it doesn't recreate his soul, Sans shreds resistant souls in less than a second, he can kill Scott's soul faster than that.
Where does it officially say that it takes Frisk 12 entire deaths to dodge all of San's attacks?

Also, if I remember correctly, Frisk is a 10-year-old with little prior combat experience compared to Scott-a gifted, much faster, much more experienced martial artist.

Sans won't be able to negate the resurrection because of that-in fact, if Scott resurrected, Sans wouldn't notice. It took Scott a few minutes to resurrect in the comic-Sans would have his guard down and then immediately be killed.

Sans has a unique dialogue for deaths 1-12 before just giving a generic response for 13 onwards.

And no, as far as I know Frisk has far more experience and skill dodging danmaku than Scott, so he'd be more experienced in that specific type of category.

>Scott did not punch first. He came to fight Lucas, but Lucas threw the first hit.

My point was Scott tried fighting most everyone first then tried stratagy if that failed.

>Versus Todd, he runs away until the last fight

Wrong, Scott's first act of aggression was an attemt to punch Todd who then stomped him into the ground.

>Knives dad was also powerful and trying to kill him. Roxie was also trying to kill him at the moment.

Everyone's been trying to kill Scott, what's your point?

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Sans has a unique dialogue for deaths 1-12 before just giving a generic response for 13 onwards.
And no, as far as I know Frisk has far more experience and skill dodging danmaku than Scott, so he'd be more experienced in that specific type of category.
That is nowhere near enough proof to say that 'Frisk, in canon, officially died 12 times before dodging all of Sans' attacks'.

As well, Frisk is still a 10-year-old child with little combat experience. Plus, in the genocide run, you one-shot the mass majority of monsters before they even fight-so there's not a lot of 'experience' there. The only genocide enemies Frisk doesn't one-shot or OHKO on the next turn is Undying and Sans-which isn't a lot of experience.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
>Scott did not punch first. He came to fight Lucas, but Lucas threw the first hit.
My point was Scott tried fighting most everyone first then tried stratagy if that failed.

>Versus Todd, he runs away until the last fight

Wrong, Scott's first act of aggression was an attemt to punch Todd who then stomped him into the ground.

>Knives dad was also powerful and trying to kill him. Roxie was also trying to kill him at the moment.

Everyone's been trying to kill Scott, what's your point?
For the Todd thing, read my entire ******* post, please. You should really read the whole thing before critiquing it. Anyways, as for Knives and Roxie, the point is that Scott wasn't fighting them due to thinking their powerful/other reasons. Scott runs in the majority of his 'struggles' against the Evil Exes.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Considering frisk can contend with trained monster soldiers, she's at least skilled in avoiding attacks.
The monster soldier that she completely one-shots? If you're referring to Undying the Undyne, fair enough, but that's literally one fight against a not-so-varied opponent.

Back