• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scott Pilgrim vs Sans (2-3-0)

Well what else are we going to assume? Frisk no-hit Sans? The most basic assumption is that Frisk died a few times before managing to get past Sans. His entire point was to make a fight so frustrating that you'd give up, so if Frisk did Sans in one try that'd defeat the purpose of the entire fight.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Well what else are we going to assume? Frisk no-hit Sans? The most basic assumption is that Frisk died a few times before managing to get past Sans. His entire point was to make a fight so frustrating that you'd give up, so if Frisk did Sans in one try that'd defeat the purpose of the entire fight.
The purpose of the fight is to make it so frustrating that you give up-and, considering how difficult the fight was, that was achieved. As for frisk no-hitting Sans, I doubt that's what happened. However, assuming that Frisk died x number of times is a pretty big assumption.

The discussion on 'How many times did Frisk die?' is a good question, I'll give you that, and probably deserves it's own thread. I can only assume she died twice, maybe three times.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
It took Frisk 12 entire deaths to be able to successfully dodge all of Sans's attacks. Scott only has two at best

Sans might even be able to negate the resurrection if it doesn't recreate his soul, Sans shreds resistant souls in less than a second, he can kill Scott's soul faster than that.
Such resistance only comes from the fact that Frisk isn't instantly killed by attacks to their soul. Anybody with decent soul resistance would be completely unaffected by Sans's attacks.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Edwardtruong2006 said:
It took Frisk 12 entire deaths to be able to successfully dodge all of Sans's attacks. Scott only has two at best

Sans might even be able to negate the resurrection if it doesn't recreate his soul, Sans shreds resistant souls in less than a second, he can kill Scott's soul faster than that.
Such resistance only comes from the fact that Frisk isn't instantly killed by attacks to their soul. Anybody with decent soul resistance would be completely unaffected by Sans's attacks.
Fair enough, though-and this is an issue not related to you-I think that the way Undertale characters having Durability negation is a bit iffy, since there's nothing in-game suggesting that attacking the soul isn't just them attacking the opponent's body. Also, why would Frisk have soul resistance? Isn't she a random human child?

Again though, this is fair.

Also, where the **** does Sans' range come from? Dozens of meters with gaster blasters and bones is complete bullshit. There's no in-game feat, nor WoG statement even slightly confirming it. Without his range, he loses every single advantage apart from dura negation.

I would also like an explanation for that actually. If it's something about the fight taking place in judgement hall that's not correct

Question. Why does sans even have that high of range. I mean. His teleportation sure. But his range attacks make no sense to me. Why does he have an at least dozens of meters?

Again, you can ask undertake supporter read this post. The question was already asked Butters. I think the answer was something to do with the length of the dodge bullet box or whatever it's called. Though it's best to ask for clarification

If that is the case then I heavily disagree with that. The box is purely there for game mechanics and how the fight plays out. It would be like saying all Pokemon moves with 100% accuracy in game will hit here on the site.

Sorry. Didn't see that. Just came to the thread

But from what I see. Yea. We should bring that up in a CRT. That box definitely doesn't represent the room or even a large distance. They actually had to be within standing distance considering how Frisk attacked. The distance they probably were standing pre to the fight is likely about his range. (Likely longer since some of his attacks can have wider range). But that's the best I can see.

if his range got buffed tho, that's gonna really tear his win loss record apart

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Saying "12 unique dialogues mean 12 deaths" is like saying "3 deaths since he stopped counting afterwards" or something.

The flaw of RPGs.

Oh. You know what. I got a good way to get Sans range possibly. Assuming we would scale their range attacks to be about the same, just use that one scene where undone chases Frisk and throws magic Spears at them. That probably could get an accurate reading on the best of their range.

Undyne can summon Spears a few meters away. So a few dozen may be a bit much. But a dozen or is what I predict.

..no, I'm remembering it wrong.

Apologies, I haven't played UT in forever.

Unfortunately, Sans' range is more of an assumption than anything. Gaster Blasters likely have some range, same with bones, but how much? Dunno.

Assuming Sans can Telekinesis to slam Frisk into the ceiling of the room (which makes sense, given he tosses people up against the 'ceiling' of the battle box a lot), dozens of meters seems reasonable.

Kinda skeptical on the roof thing. The sides of the boses doesn't represent the room. Else he would be crossing the entire thing when he slams frisk against the sides. Which isn't the case as he even Manipulates the box, and frisk moves the box. It's more likely they hit s pillar or something.

But several meters makes sense. Not dozens. To get dozens of meters, it should be a few dozen. Where Sans has likely a dozen to a bit higher at best. And Undynes feat does support it. I made a thread on the issue.

For now. I'm taking Scott's Side too.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Or, ya'll could ask someone knowledgeable instead of just circle jerking the whole time.
And that's the amazing reason why I made a thread on it. Don't need to be so aggressive.

Still had to make the thread cause it effects all of undertale. And still have to get more than one persons approval. Since it would be a decently big change.

Back