• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonkitt

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
This has nothing to do with the Netflix show to anyone expecting one of those threads, my apologies. At the moment, I don't have much time to make revisions, but I'm here to support a verse I haven't handled for years now. Lets get into it

Recently, Matthew Patel’s fireballs got calculated at 9-A+, which was approved. Keep in mind, the profile rates these individually from his physicals. Though, I wanted to cover all bases and see if that really made sense ultimately. Note that I’m not a stranger to how some attacks are stronger than a character by themselves. For example, Todd’s Vegan Powers are treated like that. However, Patel’s a different case

When Patel crashes through the roof, we can see for a moment that fire outlines the hole he made. Obviously, this is a result of his powers. In flashbacks, we commonly see Matthew attack with the very same fire abilities. Ramona even takes note of his mystical powers. Seemingly, these mystical powers are pretty much what makes Matthew Patel powerful in the first place. Not only that, but he isn’t simply projecting the fireballs out of thin air. He’s shown surrounding his fists in large amounts of the flames (like, way more than he used to vaporize Crash and the Boys) and even holding them. Essentially what I’m getting at here is that Matthew’s mystical powers and fire aren’t simply oddball techniques that are above his physicals. They’re part of why he’s at a superhuman level in the first place and there’s evidence his fire scales to his physicals

So, what would this mean? Pretty simple really. We’d make Matthew Patel 9-A+. Scott pummels Patel handily and kills him, having also completely blocked his initial attack and taking two hits from Matthew as well. We don’t have many movie profiles on the wiki right now, so I’ll just explain the others. Lucas Lee fights with and gets the upper hand against Scott, so he scales. As for Todd unamped? He should stay at 9-B. Why? Well, his 9-B feat is specific to himself and when he’s depowered of his Vegan Abilities, Scott one shots him. It’s also worth noting that after attaining the Power of Self-Respect, Scott clashes with Gideon, who has his power multiplied by 7. Base Gideon scales solidly to Scott beforehand. Taking the multiplier into account, Post-Power of Self-Respect Scott should scale to 1.53083 tons of TNT or Building level+

Conclusion
  • Matthew Patel gets upgraded to 9-A+ overall
  • Scott Pilgrim and Lucas Lee get upgraded to 9-A+ due to scaling
  • Post-Power of Self-Respect Scott gets upgraded to 8-C+

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Does Scott ever withstand any strikes from this guy? I dunno if I'd necessarily assume the fire amps his durability rather than just be used as a means of striking

Does Scott ever withstand any strikes from this guy? I dunno if I'd necessarily assume the fire amps his durability rather than just be used as a means of striking
Yes, he does. Scott completely blocks Matt’s first attack with one arm and takes two hits from him as well

This has nothing to do with the Netflix show to anyone expecting one of those threads, my apologies. At the moment, I don't have much time to make revisions, but I'm here to support a verse I haven't handled for years now. Lets get into it
Damn. I'd like to help whenever that comes around

Recently, Matthew Patel’s fireballs got calculated at 9-A+, which was approved. Keep in mind, the profile rates these individually from his physicals. Though, I wanted to cover all bases and see if that really made sense ultimately. Note that I’m not a stranger to how some attacks are stronger than a character by themselves. For example, Todd’s Vegan Powers are treated like that. However, Patel’s a different case

When Patel crashes through the roof, we can see for a moment that fire outlines the hole he made. Obviously, this is a result of his powers. In flashbacks, we commonly see Matthew attack with the very same fire abilities. Ramona even takes note of his mystical powers. Seemingly, these mystical powers are pretty much what makes Matthew Patel powerful in the first place. Not only that, but he isn’t simply projecting the fireballs out of thin air. He’s shown surrounding his fists in large amounts of the flames (like, way more than he used to vaporize Crash and the Boys) and even holding them. Essentially what I’m getting at here is that Matthew’s mystical powers and fire aren’t simply oddball techniques that are above his physicals. They’re part of why he’s at a superhuman level in the first place and there’s evidence his fire scales to his physicals
Besides quite literally having his fire powers and demon spawning being described as his 'mystical powers' as you say, I think the thing too is that the verse operates on video game logic.

It's a very similar kind of reasoning to 'toon force' except usually with more stipulations (pertaining to game conventions), and grounding in rules/'mechanics.'

We see this too with how characters when "K.O'd" and/or killed are poofed into coins, and grant 'points' for whatever those are worth. We especially get to see more of it in the Netflix show with how much more casually characters can access their abilities/powers and how the twins even throw coins up from the portal they take Scott through to fake Scott's death, indicating coins do come from someone who is killed, and such is to be expected in the verse
So, what would this mean? Pretty simple really. We’d make Matthew Patel 9-A+. Scott pummels Patel handily and kills him, having also completely blocked his initial attack and taking two hits from Matthew as well. We don’t have many movie profiles on the wiki right now, so I’ll just explain the others. Lucas Lee fights with and gets the upper hand against Scott, so he scales. As for Todd unamped? He should stay at 9-B. Why? Well, his 9-B feat is specific to himself and when he’s depowered of his Vegan Abilities, Scott one shots him. It’s also worth noting that after attaining the Power of Self-Respect, Scott clashes with Gideon, who has his power multiplied by 7. Base Gideon scales solidly to Scott beforehand. Taking the multiplier into account, Post-Power of Self-Respect Scott should scale to 1.53083 tons of TNT or Building level+

Conclusion
  • Matthew Patel gets upgraded to 9-A+ overall
  • Scott Pilgrim and Lucas Lee get upgraded to 9-A+ due to scaling
  • Post-Power of Self-Respect Scott gets upgraded to 8-C+
Overall, I agree with these content revisions!

I've made all the additions since the 48 hours had passed. Thanks to everyone for their help

Gonna try overhauling everything else on Film Scott's page next. I'll close this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back