• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Travis Touchdown Vs Ash Williams

I'd love to find out who would win against the Otaku Assassin with the Royalty-Free Lightsaber and the Crazy Zombie-slayer with the Chainsaw Hand

Travis Touchdown(No More Heroes) vs Ash Williams(Evil Dead)

Okay so looking at Travis' profile, he doesn't resist soul manipulation. Ash stabs him once with the Kandarian Dagger and wins.

Ok. Before we start, this is Travis from No More Heroes 1 vs Ash Williams from Evil Dead?

If that's the case, then Travis Touchdown washes this man easily. Travis is a better fighter, has better abilities, and he shouldn't get touched by the Kandarian Dagger he's got instinctive reactions. Travis would dodge immediately and he's also got statistics amplification.

I don't see Ash Williams taking a win here.

His instinctive reactions come from a statement that he moves with his insticts, I'm gonna need more than just that. Ash only needs a single stab with the dagger and it's over.

A statement should be valid unless it's proven otherwise. Plus, when he dodges time slows down. He has stated numerous times that he kills via instinct, he doesn't get hit often except for that one time he got trapped by Holly's holes. While speed is equalized? He did dodge lasers when his back was turned which would be more proof that would add to his overall agility and reflexes. Also, he's got statistics amplification as well. Does Ash Williams even use the dagger in-character? He usually attacks with his chainsaws first. I don't think Travis is going to get hit easily by the dagger, especially since while the dagger has soul hax? The range is pretty small.

So, here's the thing. Most of Ash's weapons are pretty much rendered irrelevant besides the dagger. If he decides to pull it out? Travis is more acrobatic and agile, he can avoid the attacks, increase his stats, and kill him right then and there.

The thing is I want to see Travis' instictive reactions so I can tell how good they are. Again, I doubt Ash won't be able to attack him once. Also, Ash has the slight speed edge here. Travis is transonic while Ash is supersonic. Giving more reason as to why Ash should be able to get at least a single stab. Statistic amplification can be an issue, however it is only for a limited amount of time. Ash is good at fighting Deadites who can dodge his boomstick shots and outrun automatic gunfire. He has also fight other demons made by Ruby that jump and run around and literally hide inside the shadows. He was also able to hit a demon that was constantly teleporting anywhere, the same demon that can also react to his boomstick shots. He's also able to keep up with Baal who easily overpowered Ruby. Ruby herself has been shown to defeat Deadites as well.

Ash does use the dagger in character, he's used it in Army of Darkness iirc, and has used it several times in Ash vs Evil Dead. During season 3 when Ash learned more about the dagger, he uses it a lot more often now. Hell, in the final episode he specially uses the dagger to kill Kandar the Destroyer, a demon that's as large as a building and can take shots from several tanks like it's nothing. Ash tapes the dagger on the edge of his boomstick, giving it a more longer range.

Travis's speed should actually be a lot higher then what it's listed in his profile. Why? Because Travis can casually dodge bullets as we saw from his fight with Dr. Peace: https://gfycat.com/solidneglectedcoyote-respectthreads-whowouldwi

Next, while he was off guard he managed to dodge a laser beam from Destroyman:https://gfycat.com/ancientfluideland-respectthreads

The instinctive reactions come from the gameplay itself. As you can see Travis not getting hit once during those ranked matches. And the powerups may be a limited time, but enough to get a hit on Ash. Especially with Anarchy of the Galaxy. Which one shots every enemy on screen. So, the speed gap should be in Travis's favor along with the amps. I don't think Ash is going to get a good hit on him at all.

And for the dagger? I never said he never used it more often. Just don't think he'll use it first. As he'll use his chainsaw and guns first. Plus he used the dagger on deadites. One look at Travis and he be like "well guess I'll slice up his limbs". Why? Because Travis is not a demon or deadite whatsoever, he's human just like he is.

Make a thread to upgrade his speed, we go by what's on their profile only, not by bringing up new information.

So his "instinctive reaction" goes by a statement and dodging in gameplay. Okay. Heavily doubt Ash won't be able to hit him at all. As of now he has the speed advantage, I see no reason why he cannot hit him at all especially when Ash himself can keep up with agile and quick enemies. Sure he can get hits on Ash, but not enough to one-shot. How does Anarchy of Galaxy work? The description implies it's overtime and isn't a move he starts with nor uses early on.

You do realize I outright said he uses it more often in Ash vs Evil Dead right? He hasn't only used it on Deadites, but he's also attempted at characters who look exactly like humans such as Ruby. But even so, that's irrelevant. Travis not being a deadite does not change Ash's mindset in battle. Because of him being aware how the dagger works, this makes him use it more often because battles are far easier.

That's irrelevant. The profiles are outdated, I'm showing you literal evidence that Travis is a lot faster than what's listed in his profile. All of this is from the game itself. Evidence from the video games>>>some profile that's outdated on a wiki.

Basically Travis goes by his instincts on killing. Thus why he has instinctive reactions. You can see it in when he dodges that stop time via Dark Step. And during his fights you can see he never really gets hurt and shows to be just fine. Hell, he was caught off guard and dodged a laser beam. Ash is not going to compete whatsoever. Travis not only has a speed advantage, but also has stat amps and he's bloodlusted 24/7. He's cutting up Ash into a thousand pieces. I don't think it works overtime, it literally kills everything on screen.

I realize that yes, but Ash will look at Travis as some otaku virgin and will fight arrogantly instead. Travis would slice his head off clean before anything can happen. Ash is more likely to start off with his chainsaw and boomstick. He's not going to immediately pull out his dagger against some Otaku.

You do realize that we have to go by what's on the profile only. I don't care if it's outdated, make a thread about it. You don't get to automatically just upgrade a character out of nowhere in a vs thread, you need to make a thread for it. It's a requirement.

If I'm not shown how good his reactions are, then I can definitely say Ash will at least be able to get a hit with the dagger. That's common in video games, you often see people unharmed during cutscenes and undamaged but that's usually because people don't program a "damaged" look. You act as if Travis dodges basically anything, Ash consistently keeps up with Deadites who again are more agile and often run around. Fast enough to keep up with gunfire and automatic gunfire. Ash was also able to predict where a teleporting demon was going to go next, mind you he would constantly spam his teleportation. I was asking how does he get that move? It says he needs to match three 7's, how does that work?

Saying Ash will just start off fighting arrogant is false, especially when he still fights Ruby or Baal or even himself fairly serious. Travis doesn't one-shot here, that's only if he uses a special move. Stop ignoring why Ash is now more likely to start off with the dagger, the looks of who he's fighting is irrelevant when Ash vs Evil Dead came out.

Back