• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Savos Aren (and others) Upgrade

Via this perk, Shock spells can disintegrate a variety of targets, even as large as mammoths and dragons. While I'm not proposing we upgrade Savos Aren and other master-level destruction mages to something like 6-C, being able to disintegrate human targets puts such individuals comfortably at 9-A, and disintegration of targets such as giants and mammoths surely puts them a good ways into 8-C. As the perk is unlocked at at a skill level of 70 in the Destruction skill tree, all characters that could be considered experts or better in Destruction magic (skill level 75 or higher in in-game terms) should have the upgrade applied, and thus Savos Aren (and certainly anyone comparable or superior to him such as Mannimarco and the TES heroes currently listed as Unknown tier) should be raised to this level.

Self Love said:
This spell can disintegrate dragons too
I am aware, but I feel disintegrating dragons powerful enough to give a mid-game Dovahkiin a bit of a headache may be a bit of a wank at the moment

I agree with said upgrade. Also, many powers should be added to Savos Aren's page. He is the Archmage of Winterhold and thus should have a plenty of spells and magical abilities.

I was just playing Skyrim again, walking with Neloth, and then we found a powerful drago, rather difficult to defeat - I personally prefere to use Bend Will on these dragons and ride them - then Neloth yelled out:

"I command powers you can only dream of!"
Also, after we defeated him, he said:

"Hardly a challenge."
Well... knowing that these dragons can give a bit of touble to a "Pos-Greybeard" Dragonborn, should Neloth be scaled to them, thus being a 6-C? I think it makes sense, since he is constantly boasting about his power:

"I am likely the greatest wizard you will ever meet"

TheOwnMagic said:
I was just playing Skyrim again, walking with Neloth, and then we found a powerful drago, rather difficult to defeat - I personally prefere to use Bend Will on these dragons and ride them - then Neloth yelled out:

"Hardly a challenge."
Well... knowing that these dragons can give a bit of touble to a "Pos-Greybeard" Dragonborn, should Neloth be scaled to them, thus being a 6-C? I think it makes sense, since he is constantly boasting about his power:

Those are stock sentences that every mage says randomly, they don't actually prove anything.

Really? Could you show others wizards saying it? I really can't remember.

Well, even if it is invalid, I remember Neloth calling Miraak a formidable opponent. I went in search and I've found the full sentence:

"Miraak was a formidable opponent. I wonder what he would have been like as my apprentice."
I think this would be enough to grant him an "Likely 6-C" tier.

TheOwnMagic said:
Really? Could you show others wizards saying it? I really can't remember.
I think I've heard enemy wizards saying the same sencence, but I can't find it, sorry. I don't know if the Miraak thing is enough for an upgrade, you should probably ask some knowledgeable member.

Technically it is not an upgrade, as his page is not yet made. I'll wait for the knowledgeable members to give imput here.

Neloth is incredibly vain.

Anything scaling him via his statements alone should be taken with a grain of salt.

Also, him taking down legendary dragons could just as easily be game mechanics, seeing as every other follower is capable of doing the same, and we aren't going to rate Lydia as 6-C

You're going to need to explain how you came to that conclusion, considering that the Dovakhiin and Miraak are both only 6-C

Neloth has been around since Morrowind and likely beyond. He's friends with Divayth Fyr, who is even stronger and is one of the most powerful people in the events of the third era in Morrowind.

Dovahkiin is 6-B via environmental damage and just started slaying dragons and realized he's dragonborn, he has far more potential. Miraak has been stuck in Apocrypha with the illusion hes getting stronger, but he's not.

6-B via environmental damage...?

Environmental damage isn't a thing we use anymore.

And you want to explain when exactly Dovakhiin destroyed a country?

Monarch Laciel said:
Neloth is incredibly vain.

Anything scaling him via his statements alone should be taken with a grain of salt.

Also, him taking down legendary dragons could just as easily be game mechanics, seeing as every other follower is capable of doing the same, and we aren't going to rate Lydia as 6-C
Actually, if Lydia fights such a powerful dragon, she'd die. In the case I related, I did not help Neloth, but ehh, I bet I'll not be able to convince you.

But I still think his statements should be considered.

I figured this out by using the shout on the furthest side of the map and went across the other by turning the toggle collisions off. It covers everything.

Another thing: Shouldn't this spell be considered real lightning? As it has the power to turn mammoths and even giants to ashes, it would make it 8-C (which is real lightning AP). Also, when fightning, Neloth made all of Tel Mithry shake with his attacks. It could mean an speed upgrade to the verse.

TheOwnMagic said:

"Hardly a challenge."

Lore wise dragon born DLC took place a year after the main storyline apparently, if Neloth can fight a dragon that can give post-Alduin DB a bit of trouble then perhaps so

SITHISIT said:
Lore wise dragon born DLC took place a year after the main storyline apparently, if Neloth can fight a dragon that can give post-Alduin DB a bit of trouble then perhaps so
I'm pretty sure any dragon being stronger than Alduin is gameplay mechanics

Back