• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

sans vs The Long Quiet (Undertale vs. Slay The Princess) (GRACE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports showed that if Quiet succeeds at his mission, the entire fabric of existence will be altered. Not just altered, but halted. Locked into an eternal, static loop.

-Restricted Long Quiet with the Pristine Blade is used.
-The Long Quiet starts with only the Voice of the Hero.
-Speed will be equalized.
-Battle takes place in the Construct, just outside the Cabin.
-No Prep Time or Information of each other.
-Both start 9m away from each other.​

Last edited:
Going to quickly speak before anyone can spoil anything, then dip out.

• Clairvoyance (Is capable of sensing Frisk's LOVE and EXP at the end of any Neutral Route)
Sans immediately senses how evil the princess is and
has crazy SI.

Sans starts with Social Influencing on anyone that isn't a genocidal race-destroying maniac and for genocidal race-destroying maniacs, he uses his Strongest Attack (which is his starting move)

I'm not voting.

Made it so that sans kinda can't let the Long Quiet enter the Cabin so that SI needs to also convince the Narrator, which is really, really hard.
Could also add Voice of the Opportunist to Quiet, so he'd immediately think of backstabbing sans if he ever does it, that's only important if Quiet listens to the Voice tho

Gonna watch this, but side note if it actually was the Princess then Sans sensing how evil she is would actively work against him lol
This is the Long Quiet aka the Hero. His goal is to not let LQ enter the cabin and Sans won't attack him because LQ is a good guy so he'll probably try to convince him to leave.

This is the Long Quiet aka the Hero. His goal is to not let LQ enter the cabin and Sans won't attack him because LQ is a good guy so he'll probably try to convince him to leave.
I know what the fight is, I said  if it was the Princess since that's what the first comment was on about.

I feel Sans should win here. LQ is susceptible to SI anyway, as we see in the game, and Sans can convince even someone like Chara, who is much harder to convince.

I feel Sans should win here. LQ is susceptible to SI anyway, as we see in the game, and Sans can convince even someone like Chara, who is much harder to convince.
Genocide Chara's mentality is sorta similar to Flowey's, so I think just offering the spare choice is probably enough to pique their curiosity that they actually attempt it, at least that's how I see it.
There's also the Narrator to take into account (Considering this is taking place in the Construct) who'll be totally against sans' goal here, and may even take over LQ's body.

Genocide Chara's mentality is sorta similar to Flowey's, so I think just offering the spare choice is probably enough to pique their curiosity that they actually attempt it, at least that's how I see it.
There's also the Narrator to take into account (Considering this is taking place in the Construct) who'll be totally against sans' goal here, and may even take over LQ's body.
Wait, he can do that?

Wait, he can do that?
Yeah, if you help the Princess out of her chains and then try to leave the cabin with her in Chapter I, he'll puppeteer LQ's body to try to force him to stab her in the back.
LQ can fight against it, though. And it doesn't seem like he can do it, at least as efficiently, when LQ has more Voices.
The Narrator can also do other things, like making it so that every path inevitably leads back to the cabin and the such.
Although, it should be noted that he tends to give up very easily.

Its canon that we seemingly genuinly trusted Sans there, since it was shown our expression changes from merciful to pure hatred after it as quoted by Sans

Its canon that we seemingly genuinly trusted Sans there, since it was shown our expression changes from merciful to pure hatred after it as quoted by Sans
I can see them genuinely believing that sans was actually sparing them, and getting pissed cause lad basically betrayal killed them. That doesn't really stop them from originally falling for it cause of curiosity. Same thing basically happened with TTAR lol

So in my mind the LQ only has one win condition, and that's emptying his mind and tapping into his full power. Other than that one method I think they get AP stomped in a direct fight.

With that in mind however, the LQ when filled with the correct amount of determination to live, can endless regenerate their mind and soul until they give it up. So once again Sans is fighting an enemy he cannot kill or outlast in a prolonged confrontation. Eventually I see a case of the LQ emptying their mind like with the Empty Cup situation after which the fight is effectively over and Sans can't get past his Void Manipulation and EE.

But with the above said, the greatest weakness here is basically that the Hero has no like, solid motivation of their own and is heavily influenced by others. Its why the Narrator could take control over his body and why the other voices can influence the perception of the LQ. Considering that Sans has a lot of Charisma and the ability to talk people down, I feel like it becomes a contest of who will give up first: Him or the Narrator. Of the two, the Narrator has shown multiple times in the game that they will ditch the LQ's body or will give up if there's a no win situation.

So my conclusion is this:
  • In a fight Sans would kill the LQ, but he lacks the ability to get through the LQ's insane regeneration. Because of that, the LQ will eventually win out whenever they get tired of their bickering voices and empty their mind. At which point Sans has no way to counter that.
  • Sans' ability to get people on his side and even someone absurdly against him like the PC in the genocide ending to temporarily give up
So in my view Sans gets a win via Social Influencing. If someone gives a solid argument of that not working, then in my mind there's just a repeat of what happened in Undertale, where he's fighting an enemy with an infinite time on their side and eventually will tap into a passive "I win" ability.

I can potentially also see sans winning by presenting himself as an insurmountable obstacle, kinda like what happens in MoC. That was, afterall, his plan against Chara.

Sans remains a timeless classic that endures to the modern era while simultaneously surpassing it in terms of character writing. Something something, Sans will always be around in pop culture. I vote Sans because of the best win condition: Social Influencing (I will fight people on this)

Sans summoning millions of his simps to help him win in a Versus Thread (11 votes to 0 votes is nuts):
cover2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back