• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans Profile Clean-up

I know this is just headcanon spewing, but I always figured he ignored durability in the sense that his bones pass through Frisk/Chara in a space manipulation kind of way (i.e. Vergil's sword Yamato.)

Usually when Frisk is hit with an attack, the attack disappears on contact with the body, but Sans' bones just keep hitting.

@Hunterzilla

Yeah that's crazy levels of headcanon which we can't apply to his profile.

Yeah yeah.

One question I always had on Sans profile was why he had Time Manipulation. I realize he's aware of the Save and Reset mechanic, but he can't actually use it.

So, I'll compile what's been approved here.

Unknown via hax: Remove.

Reality Warping: Remove.

Spatial Manipulation: Lump with Teleportation; remove.

Gravity Manipulation: Stays.

Alternate Timeline Awareness: Remove.

Status Effect (Perma-Stun): Clarify it only works in-universe.

Resistance to Soul Manip: "Minor" re-added.

Speed: Change from Unknow to "At least Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed, higher reaction speed"

Durability: Writing clean up.

Stamina: Down to "Average"

Intelligence: Down to "Genius" with a reasoning change.

Notable Attacks: Updated and re-written.

Does everything here look good?

@Azzy

Do you want to carry out the updates? You probably know how to reword it better than I could. I'm not great with Undertale terminology.

@Azzy

If you're busy would it be better to get another Undertale knowledgeable member to do it? I don't want this to be forgotten but feel like someone with knowledge of the verse will be able to clean better.

So, does this description go away along with the "Unknown via hax" tiering, or does it stay anyways?

(Repeatedly defeated a multiversal enemy while they were in physical form due to mostly ignoring durability on both a conventional level and the entire mechanic of post-hit invulnerability)

Honestly we have no proof of Chara being 2-B while fighting Sans anyway, so that is definitely gone.

Not to mention Chara implied that they were destroying one timeline at a time, so they honestly should be Low 2-C, not 2-B

The Smashor said:
Not to mention Chara implied that they were destroying one timeline at a time, so they honestly should be Low 2-C, not 2-B
... Let's talk about that another time...

Everything has been changed except for the notable attacks, simply because I want to make sure of what exactly we should reword and change, first.

OK. Going through it...

"and forcing them to the walls, ceiling." Should be reworded to sound better.

"He was capable of using this ability to bypass the resistance of a multiversal being (Frisk/Chara) and damage them by sheer force of throwing their soul against the walls, however this accelerated how quickly he tired out during the fight." Pretty much all of this needs to go. He didn't go to 2-B for slamming Chara into the wall, and Chara isn't 2-B during this fight.

"While his attacks only do a single point of damage, this allows Sans to bypass the player's invincibility frames, essentially meaning he can not only damage any opponent regardless of their defense, but he does a single point of damage per frame (equal to 40 damage per second). He is also able to use his bones to attack the metafighting of his enemies, placing them over the various 'battle commands' and even the aiming meter. It is unclear how this would translate in an actual fight. Furthermore, upon accepting Sans' offer to spare you, he offers a hug. If you accept this hug, he creates an inescapable bone prison around it that never ends until their soul is destroyed. This technique is a guaranteed kill, but can only be done if his opponent's guard is down, though it doesn't necessarily need to be for long." There is a LOT wrong with this. The 1-frame hit mention seems odd, since that doesn't tell us much. All mentions of "metafighting" and the fake spare option should be removed as well, since one isn't applicable in fights and the other just uses an off-guard attack.

"shown to have incredibly potent spatial manipulation" Not incredibly potent. Should be removed.

"moving his foe straight into a new attack" He never shows this. It is possible to never get hit by Sans during the fight, and this implies his attacks are completely unavoidable.

"He has also shown the ability to "reset" an individual to their previous position." This is just teleportation of his opponent, which is already mentioned.

Thanks for all your help, Azzy.

Well his TK is unavoidable, but that's the nature of TK, it has zero travel time.

But his Bone Attacks and KR-proccing attacks are all avoidable.

Back