• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran vs. YoRHa No. 2 Type B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see anything too impressive from 7A Samus, the ice beam is great but it pales in comparison to time and gravity grenades along with lazers, Gatling guns and pulse beams.

2B also takes the definitive edge in CQC and Seamus's armor won't save her from getting her head cut off, mix that with time manipulation every time she dodges and she'll won't have much trouble getting close.

With Mid-Diff, I give it to 2B

The knowledge part isn't really necessary, as Samus has the Scan Visor which basically gives her that off the start.

The only thing keeping 2B alive would be her time manipulation (Gravity manipulation is great and all, but unless she is getting hit by over 1000g I don't think she'll have much of an issue.)

However the description for it, "Creates a bubble that slows down all enemies and projectiles that enter." Makes it sound limited in range, which Samus definitely will abuse.

Samus 5.5 / 10

That's one time ability, 2B has two. One where she activates it after dodging, and the other being the grenade you mentioned.

She also goes intangible if she ever gets hit and has attack reflection, she has a chance at resurrection as well.

Key word here is after dodging, considering the Spazer Beam and the Aeion ability "Beam Barrage" it would be very hard for her to dodge all of the shots at once.

Ice Beam makes it so that becoming intangible won't help. As for reflection, technically so does Samus.

I don't see how intangibility isn't going to stop Samus from getting frozen.

2B can heal and teleport as well.

Well you mention it only does that after dodging no? It would be hard to dodge a barrage a beams at once, (note how the spazer beam and wave beam fire 3 and 2 respectively, now stacked), so even if she tries, she will be hit by at least one. As for the resurrection, will it get rid of the fact that she would be frozen? i would argue it to the kinda case that when she gets ressurrected, she'll just die again by sheer cold.

Teleport can be dangerous for samus, can you give a description?

@SD Nier:Automat is partially a bullet hell game, 2B gets bombarded by lasers and bullets from fodder. Also every time 2B is damaged, she gets 6 seconds of invincibility so landing more then one attack at a time is gonna be difficult.

I see, though Samus really only needs one shot, as it would freeze her, she can simply wait for the 6 seconds of invincibility to be over.

I mean, even 9S who is a scanner model is able to dodge Gatling gunfire from a pod while being attacked by A2, so it's not impossible.

The engine blade weapon allows 2B to instantly teleport to an enemy via its warp ability.

@Ever I think the only way to really explain is to bring out an example, as its the freezing part that makes this complicated. Say character A, who has resurrection, is sent out to space but can't live there. The result is his repeating death and ressurection.

In this case, her resurrection would help if she wasn't already frozen, in which case all it would do is bring her back to life without the ability to act, in which Samus could just spam missiles breaking her over and over again til she actually does stay dead.

SomebodyData said:
I see, though Samus really only needs one shot, as it would freeze her, she can simply wait for the 6 seconds of invincibility to be over.
How is it still going to effect her while intangible?

Also I can't agree with it still affecting 2B even after she dies.

@Gargoyle

The gatling gun part wasn't impressive considering 2B's speed.

Even kilometers away?

@SD

2B resurrects by transplanting her data to a new body, not by coming back in her original body.

>Implying bullets move the same speed

No, it teleports towards the enemy but it's still short range.

@Ever Oh I see, hmmm, a new body? Can you explain this more tho?

@Rad why not?

@SD

Whenever 2B dies, she loads her data on the Bunker (A base on the moon), where she returns in a new body to jump back into the fight. This can be done indefinitely unless the Bunker is destroyed.

@gar do you mean any machine gun or an actual gatling gun? Because an actual gatling gun is pretty slow.

Hmm I see.

>Actual Gatling gun

I refer to the guns that are on the pods 9S and 2B use that are referred to as Gatling guns.

@Ever I see. Hmmm, I see, then she probably wins, unless samus is allowed to use her gunship like 2B uses the Bunker for rerssurection. Would that be allowed?

@Gar ah I see, you should probably be more explicit when it comes to that then.

The Everlasting said:
@SD

No, it's always going to happen, the chance is whether she's resurrected on the spot.
I feel like going to a new body should be counted as a death.

@SD

Dunno if you can quite compare those, specially when doing that could also allow 2B to be given a flight unit from the Bunker (Which I figured we weren't accounting for).

Nah, she can use the "save spots" (Legitimately can't remember what they're called) to transport herself to the surface.

Wut?

Also btw, does that mean we're assuming that the battle takes place in 2B's world?

That's also a canon thing in Automata, save points canonically let 2B transport herself between them (Including from the Bunker to Earth).

I kinda figured we assumed it takes place in an environment that gives every character usage of their powers.

Hmm I see, I always figured that it would take place in a neutral place to not give any side any advantages. (Ie like how Zebes would give Samus an advantage, so we wouldn't assume that)

Question, why doesn't it count as a death for 2B when a body is destroyed? Wouldn't uploading her data in a new body count as outside help?

"why doesn't it count as a death for 2B when a body is destroyed?"

Because she can come back in a time shorter than a month.

"Wouldn't uploading her data in a new body count as outside help?"

Umm, why would it be? It's just new bodies sitting there, it's not like she gets someone to build her one on the spot.

Is the data automatically implanted in a new body, or are there operators that do this? Because IIRC there were "mechanics" of sorts in that station.

The Operators just hand out missions, IIRC, 2B getting a new body is just something she naturally does.

Nah, she just "loads" data on the Bunker, not transfer.

That situation actually comes up in the game's first ending, but explaining how would be, you know, spoilers.

How does the station process her request for respawning if she's not functional? For example say Samus froze her in absolute zero, how would she send a request for another body if she's not functional anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back