• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran vs. YoRHa No. 2 Type B

Status
Not open for further replies.
ScarletFirefly said:
How does the station process her request for respawning if she's not functional? For example say Samus froze her in absolute zero, how would she send a request for another body if she's not functional anymore?
If you destroy a computer, does that mean all the data is lost? Once 2Bs body is destroyed the network Carey's her dats to another body.

That said, I find it to be a death if she has to switch bodies.

@Ever I see. I would guess there are a shit ton of bodies in the Bunker aren't there?

Seeing that she can resurrect a lot of times, would restricting that to just one life make this a bit more fair?

We can't.

However, reading the SBA, it would take place in a neutral place anyways, so she won't be able to use it.

It's not really fair if 2B can infinitely come back....

Besides, it's not a permanent ability, since

Spoiler
The bunker was destroyed

It seems I still have work to do on 2Bs page to make her abilities more clear for everyone.

Anyways my vote goes to 2B. Reasons:

- Great versatility and variety of hax (Invulnerability, Teleportation, Potential Resurrection, Damage Reflection, Damage Absortion to Heal, Dealing Damage to heal, Gravity Manip,...)

- Her three time manipulation abilities:

Pod Program A110 Slow can slow down time in the area Samus is in

Plug-In Chip Overclock slows down time whenever 2B dodges an attack, giving 2B a serious advantage in close combat

Plug-In Chip Evasive System slows down time whenever an enemies ranged attack is closing in on 2B. This will be 2Bs greatest advantage as it renders Samus beam attacks virtually useless.

- Great amount of experience in dodging projectiles/beams as this is one of the main things she does throughout the game

- 3 Pods that support 2B with a great variety of abilities

- Virtually endless stamina, helps should the fight get drawn out.

It's actually a difficult fight nonetheless since wave + ice beam poses a serious threat. Also Samus precog (idk how strong it is) could make the fight difficult for 2B. Without 2Bs Evasive System Chip this fight could go either way.

Considering it takes place in a neutral universe yeah, due to reasons I already stated.

@DaFritzi

Samus also has Invulnerability

Teleportation, useful but considering how low range it is compared to Samus' massive range advantage it doesn't help much.

Potential Resurrection, neutral universe gets rid of this

Damage Reflection, samus also has this

Damage Absorption to Heal, possibly useful but it won't get rid of the freezing problem so it would only stall it out a bit

Gravity Manipulation, already pointed out why this won't help.

Evasive system time manipulation is the only useful one of her time manipulation abilities, but with spazer + Wave + beam Barrage, she will eventually hit her.

@SD

Neutral universe makes her type 8 immortality useless as there is no bunker with replacement bodies. The 50% chance to resurrect on spot comes from the plug-in chip reset and will thus work wherever 2B is.

Actually all of her time manip abilities can be helpful depending on the situation, but evasive system is by far the most useful here. Given how severe the slowdown is and how much experience 2B has when it comes to dodging ranged attacks (Since Nier:Automata is part bullet hell and even trash mobs spam barrages of energyballs) I think 2B has a good chance of dodging.

Starting distance is 4km, should 2B manage to cover this distance, which I deem to be likely, 2B will have a huge advantage as she can fully use her time slow on dodge. 2B has a way to close this gap in very little time using pod program A160 Missile (Uses the pod as a high velocity vehicle to rush the enemy, direction while flying can be adjusted should there be a need for it). The other two pods can attack Samus to distract her while 2B closes in.

Also Samus is actually fighting 4 seperate targets (2B + 3 Pods), which will make it hard for her to keep track of everything. Should one of the pods hit a A110 Slow it will as over for Samus as a direct hit with the ice beam would mean the end for 2B. The difference here is that 2B has time slow to help her dodge and 3 pods that help her attack.

Any other ability that doesn't help much, still helps a bit. Considering how many of her abilities help a bit it can make the difference. As I said I believe this to be a close fight, anything that can help counts.

Damage Reflection is not on Samus page? Where does it come from?

Samus is unlikely to be able to keep up with 2B. 2B has 3 pods, Pod A shots energy bullets, Pod B homing Missiles and Pod C a laser. All 3 also have various different AoE abilities, like, launching dozens of spears from the ground. 2B can easily dodge most projectiles and those she cant she can destroy with her weapon, not mention every attack 2B preforms also launches a shock wave also capable of destroying projectiles. She can also just slow down the area shes in making dodging a breeze. Once she dodges those attacks, Samus as a whole, will be nearly defenseless while slowed down.

Every time 2B is hit she can teleport to Samus and abuse her 6 seconds of invulnerability. While Samus has a better long ranged game Id say 2B has the better CQC because of all her different melee weapons. Plus 2B has more more surviability, being able to heal by damaging Samus or just not getting hit for a couple of seconds.

How susceptible is Samus' armor to hacking?

Ah I see, I also mentioned that 50% thing up above in the thread. Essentially her revival would be possible, but it won't get rid of the fact that she'll still be frozen.

yes, but not in this situation as one shot would freeze her and finish the fight. Ye, also pointed out that Samus has multiple abilities to easily make it like a bullet hell, so eventually one will still hit.

note that they are the same speed here, so samus could just keep her distance. And her speed booster could just counter the A160 missile.

its noted as damage redirection on her page, mainly because unlike most reflection she can actually choose where to hit it.

@Rad Samus has invulnerability. And Samus, once again, only has to hit 2B once.

her suit, contary to what most people think, is actually part of her dna, though it can absorb data.

To say that 2B will still be frozen when she resurrects and immediately dies is reaching.

And every other weapon she has is midigated by healing, one weapon isn't enough save you.

Keep her distance while being chased down by a teleporting android who is shooting grenades machine guns and lasers, all the while 2B is getting closer every time she dodges, and Samus is screwed if she ends up in a time grenade.

SomebodyData said:
@Rad Samus has invulnerability. And Samus, once again, only has to hit 2B once.

her suit, contary to what most people think, is actually part of her dna, though it can absorb data.
With a single weapon. While 2B has everything I mentioned.

@Gar Really? So then that means she spawns in a different body like with the bunker?

Yes it kinda can when it essentially one shots.

You're forgetting Samus' precog and speed booster helping her quite a bit.

All the weapons you just mentions, damage wise, can be nulled by her invurnability.

@SD

Yes they are the same speed, however whenever time is slowed down because of a ranged attack closing in on 2B, Samus will be affected by the slowdown as well. This makes it easier for 2B to close the distance the more Samus shoots at her.

Hitting A110 Slow will be as deadly for Samus as the Icebeam is for 2B (Since 2B can effortlessly close in and finish her)

Also the three pods attacking Samus will make it hard for her to keep track of everything.

@DaFritzi Really? Okay I guess, tho speed booster still helps with slow down.

How will she finish her despite samus' invurnability?

Precog will help with that.

No, I mean I think it's reaching that the entire point behind resurrection is completely meaningless because of an a single weapon.

Precog will only allow her to see the attacks and dodge, which in turn stops her assault allowing 2B to get closer.

Perhaps, but they'll still allow 2B to get in sword range, which seals the deal.

That's... not reaching... What you probably meant is absurd, which is understandable, but it is still something that happens. take Ult. Kars from Jojo for example, the guy for all his hax was defeated by being pushed out of the atmosphere.

Actually she can still run while dodging, heck even with speed booster.

i still don't know why that would seal the deal against someone with invurnability?

SomebodyData said:
@DaFritzi Really? Okay I guess, tho speed booster still helps with slow down.

How will she finish her despite samus' invurnability?

Precog will help with that.
If she can activate it at the right time, 2B will be the first to activate due to it's nature.

That's an NLF, Invunerability saving Samus from a Mach 450 sword strike at her weakest parts of the armor? That's silly.

True

How?

A- Samus is actually faster than that, and even then, its speed equalized. B- What weak points? And how is it a NLF in its own tier?

Her throat? The glass that's covering her face?

I doubt a sword directed at this areas isn't going to magically bounce off.

Not sure if you're joking, or if you're being serious.

Did you consider the possibility that her glass and the armor around her throat has the same durability as the rest of her suit?

@SD According to Samus page the invulnerability is only temporary. 2B can wait until it's over and then hit Samus.

2Bs AP is in the same range as Samus defense, she will be able to deal damage. Given that she can somewhat keep Samus in a constant slowdown once she has closed the distance or hit the first A110 Slow she will be able to wear Samus down even should her armor be stronger than 2Bs attacks.

@DaFritzi It only lasts as long as she has Aeion energy (Which she should have a lot) or is moving / shinespark. The latter being quite hard to stop.

SomebodyData said:
That's... not reaching... What you probably meant is absurd, which is understandable, but it is still something that happens. take Ult. Kars from Jojo for example, the guy for all his hax was defeated by being pushed out of the atmosphere.

Actually she can still run while dodging, heck even with speed booster.

i still don't know why that would seal the deal against someone with invurnability?
There's a difference between PIS and assuming one ability is entirely useless.

I guess that's true.

You expect a sword directed at her throat to just magically bounce off? Because THAT is reaching. Especially considering Samus is wearing a suit, what happens when she gets slashed with one of 2Bs many electrical shock blades?

@SD The aeion energy won't last forever, screw attacks/shinesparks are unlikely once shes caught in a slow down.

Might become a drawn out fight due to this but I believe 2B has this.

She could also do a pseudo screw attack using chargebeam, making it so that the only way to stop her would be to touch her beam... but then that would be over.

SomebodyData said:
Not sure if you're joking, or if you're being serious.

Did you consider the possibility that her glass and the armor around her throat has the same durability as the rest of her suit?
Doesn't change my point, to say her invulnerability will always save her when a type 40 blade strikes her is ridiculous.

@DaFritzi its time manipulation not movement manipulation, so that won't work. As for aeion energy thats true, but samus only needs one shot.

@gargoyle

Him getting there and the volcano exploding = pis

Sending someone to space to ignore their hax = possible

Kinda, when said suit is invurnable. Or when her suit is literally already covered by electricty due to her electro armor.

Do you know what invurnable means?

SomebodyData said:
@DaFritzi its time manipulation not movement manipulation, so that won't work. As for aeion energy thats true, but samus only needs one shot.

@gargoyle

Him getting there and the volcano exploding = pis

Sending someone to space to ignore their hax = possible

Kinda, when said suit is invurnable. Or when her suit is literally already covered by electricty due to her electro armor.

Do you know what invurnable means?
  • invunerable
Actually him getting into space in the first place was PIS, an FTL+ High 7A got pushed by rocks...

It is covered by electricity, doesn't change my point if the armor itself gets pierced.

Also yeah, it can be waited out, so that's that.

@Bad way of expressing it; screw attacks/shinesparks are unlikely to properly work in Samus favor as 2B can wait for the slowed Samus to finish her move and then continue to attack.

Thanks for that correction. But its actually "invulnerable".

I was mostly referring to his hax in that scenario actually.

Yeah, I know, still pointing out invulnerability, etc.

Well yeah, once she stops moving, but considering how she explores planets nearly every game, I don't think she's stopping any time soon, maybe a couple of hours, real time, but from their perspective a lifetime. What's stopping Samus from eventually hitting her? Especially if she can also redirect her energy, thus getting rid of that time manipulation problem while freezing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back