• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
This....Is going to be an interesting fight, and yes I purposely cut the name for the title. And I have pretty good luck with Metroid Matches so let's see what happens.

Speed is Equal otherwise Tsuna blitzes, Oath Flame vs 6C Samus

Samus Ara: 3

Tsunayoshi Sawada:

Well...Tsuna has AP advantage along with mobility advantage, Samus's phase drift would give her a decent speed advantage...

It's weird using UDWF Tsuna because he doesn't have access to any of he things that make him dangerous (Besides Speed and precog). The reason why he doesn't have access to them? In Rebron's own words "He doesn't need them".

@Gar

Yeah, Oath flame is a lot better. I'm sure Tsuna could use his VG and other things while in UDWFM if he wanted to, but in the final fight he didn't use it at all because he didn't need it. It's just probably better to go with the safer option.

I mean, his VG literally shatters, but he should presumably still have it at the end of the series. I don't think he would just destroy the Vongola rings like that again.

I'm going to wait for someone to advocate for Samus, as I don't know much about her.

Wew boy, this may be a dousey. So if the KHR revision page is anything to go by, Tsuna is roughly baseline or around a few times stronger going off scaling and multipliers. For Samus, AP doesn't really mean much when she has numerous ways to negate durability right off the bat. And for this tier, she can attack the soul and freeze you in ice. Tsuna's hyper intuition may be screwed a bit here since she has a suit, and going off the robot fight he had in the future arc, his precog isn't that great against non-organic things. Even if it won't be affected by that much, Samus' precog can easily counter his hyper intuition. Unfortunately for Tsuna, Samus doesn't have any fire related weapons, so his absorption technique won't work here. His best move I think would have to be zero point, buuuuuut if things go the way they seem, samus might resist ice manipulation, or even better, absolute zero if Metroid fusion is anything to go by, though the latter part I need to double check.

As for the whole "what does she do in character, well she starts by shooting the ever living crap out of her foes, and her beams stack on top of each other, so it's gonna hurt really badly off tsuna gets hit. Overall, I think Samus might have the edge here, though I do have a feeling that this match might be a stomp if Samus does resist ice, which makes Tsuna all the more screwed as I don't recall him ever using petrifying at his opponents, especially right off the bat.

1. Tsuna is above baseline 6-C in this form (Especially since KHR characters are getting a bit of an AP upgrade) Tsuna stomps people who stomp others above 30 gigatons.

2. Dying Will Flames = energy manipulation. Which means that Tsuna can absorb energy attacks and become stronger under verse equalization.

3. ZPB: First edition also seals a person and their energy. So, aside from resistance to ice manipulation(Or just higher AP) Samus would also need resistance to sealing...Which I don't see as one of her resistances.

As far as petrification goes, Tsuna doesn't use it to petrify actual people (Even though he could if he wanted to), he petrifies their projectiles and weapons....that's actually what his "Power Nullification" is.

Other than all that...this seems like a hard match....I hold my vote for now.

If this is Oath Flame Tsuna then he also has gravity manip, unless Samus resists that, which she likely does.

As far as Hyper Intuition goes, the fact that Samus is in a suit doesn't make her a mechanical being. Her piloting the suit means she still has human tendencies, which is all that is required. He couldn't read the Gola Mosca's because they have no human component to them.

Other than that, YungMazi pretty much said what I would have.

Once again, I don't know enough about Samus, but I definitely appreciate glassman's input. It was very well put.

@Yung umm, that's not how Zero point works, it's only "sealing" in the sense that you're covered in ice and can't break free. Not in the sense of the mafuba from dragon ball or other sealing abilities. The Dying will flames is just a unique form of fire since it's just the manifestation of their willpower, I don't recall it ever being stated to be energy at all.

Samus does have resistance to gravity manipulation in her page. Can her forcefelds protect her from Tsuna turning her suit into stone?

Theglassman12 said:
@Yung umm, that's not how Zero point works, it's only "sealing" in the sense that you're covered in ice and can't break free. Not in the sense of the mafuba from dragon ball or other sealing abilities. The Dying will flames is just a unique form of fire since it's just the manifestation of their willpower, I don't recall it ever being stated to be energy at all.
I probably shouldn't be quoting this large wall of text, my apologies.

You're correct on the sealing thing, though wrong on the dying will flames. This came up in Hibari vs Jade as well. Dying will flames have explicitly been stated to be a type of life energy, and do not at all operate like regular flames outside of producing heat, which is something that only the sky and storm flames do. You can reference my blog here for an in depth look at many of the mechanics of the verse if you would like. But dying will flames are indeed their own energy source, even having different types that have their own unique characteristics. So if she's capable of absorbing energy, then she can absorb dying will flames, and the same goes for Tsuna.

I think the energy shielding comes from like one of those special attacks from Super Metroid or something.

Also, I need to point out that Samus's Ice Beam is wayyyy more than just regular Ice Manipulation, it's like extremely close to Absolute Zero.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I think the energy shielding comes from like one of those special attacks from Super Metroid or something.
Also, I need to point out that Samus's Ice Beam is wayyyy more than just regular Ice Manipulation, it's like extremely close to Absolute Zero.
Isn't non absolute Zero without any special qualities aka (conceptual, soul freezing,etc) ice manip still just regular ice manip? I mean, it can be colder but if it's not that specific Zer0 qualifying temp then that ain't it chief.

Nah, the special attacks never attacked like a forcefield or energy shield, if that's even different.

Actually, I'm also confused why Electric Armor is considered "Absorption"?

I'll have to remove these...

Also, oath flame Tsuna doesn't really use his petrification. I don't think he has Natsu roar at his opponents or their attacks anymore, for unknown reasons. Not to say that he can't, it's just not something he would go for early on, or even during the mid point of the fight.

It scales to being superior to the Judicator Beam, which is stated to be Super Cooled Plasma that approaches Absolute Zero. Meaning it's much Colder than 0.1 degrees Kelvin, and still far more than enough to negate durability. It's not just a basic snow storm that's moderately colder than 273.15 degrees Kelvin. Also, I vaguely recall Samus's Ice Beam being stated to freeze atoms and molecules in the Manga, but I'll have to find the source. Not to mention it still works on Intangible beings.

@Glass

That's exactly how ZPB works. Upon it's introduction it's said that it seals Dying will flames and Xanxus himself even had his entire body sealed for ten years until he was thawed out.

The logical conclusion to make from that is that one would need resistance to sealing in order to break out of ZPB, it's not a normal block of ice which can be broken by having resistance to ice manipulation or having superior brute stregnth (Unless the opponent is exponentially more powerful), especially sense DWF themselves are resistant to it and Tsuna can still seal them away.

Also, another weakness of hyper intuition is that it's difficult for him to predict melee attacks from significantly more skilled opponents (Example: Genkishi).

Also, DWF is energy manipulation drawn from their life force...not actually fire manipulation...

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Meaning it's much Colder than 0.1 degrees Kelvin, and still far more than enough to negate durability.
This part was making me wonder if you could neg dura with temperature without being at absolute Zero.

Temperature can negate durability, but only if it's extreme and/or precise levels. Freezing or burning someone from the inside out generally durability negation.

@Yung That's still not sealing, it's just incapacitating your foes by freezing them inside a giant ice cube

It doesn't even have to be that, It just has to be super extreme in general. Like over 200 degrees below sub-zero sounds like it could be durability negation.

@Glassman

It's...staight up stated to be sealing...

"It takes advantage of the user being in Hyper Dying Will Mode to create ice that can seal away Dying Will Flames and can only be melted by strong Dying Will Flames."

This is on Tsuna's profile.

@Litentric

It's hard to say, because unlike the situation with the UDWF mode, his VG is still there...so he would still have access to natsu...he just didn't use him with the oath flame. The oath flame is a mixture of Earth and Sky flames, so he should have Enma's black hole ability too, but he never uses that either (Maybe it's because both of the times he used the Oath fame, he only stayed in the form for a very limited amount of time...both lasting only a few minutes at the most...IDK)

Back