• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran vs Megaman X

Sirius The EM Troll said:
yes, but 7/10 of us agree X wins.
when the reasoning is flawed or not there(not mentioning samus's speed mid end is also faster) it is vsbattles rules not to include them

I think it's generally agreed that this should be left inconlusive due to:

1. X's significantly higher Durability and AP

2. Samus's vastly superior speed and the various unknowns about whether or not her hax beats X's or whether or not she can one-shot X.

Reppuzan said:
I think it's generally agreed that this should be left inconlusive due to:
1. X's significantly higher Durability and AP

2. Samus's vastly superior speed and the various unknowns about whether or not her hax beats X's or whether or not she can one-shot X.
I agree

I definitely think X's hax are superior by a substantial margin, and that he can still take this, but I see where you guys are coming from. So is this to be left inconclusive, then?

Sirius The EM Troll said:
I definitely think X's hax are superior by a substantial margin, and that he can still take this, but I see where you guys are coming from. So is this to be left inconclusive, then?
ye

I can only think of two thins I could add to this. First, is that X has been hit with more powerful attacks than Samus, but how many of those attacks can he be hit by? I haven't played many Megaman games, but I think he take take about 10 - 15 attacks from the final boss? From my experience, X can dish out a lot of damage, but he isn't very good at taking it. Samus on the other hand can take and dish out large amounts of damage. Samus might not have been hit with attacks comparable to what X has, but Samus can take a lot of hits before she does down.

Second, is that Samus has 2 ways of healing herself. 1) The Crystal Flash. If Samus is under 49 health, all Energy and Reserve Tanks depleted, if Samus has a minimum of 10 Missiles, 10 Super Missiles and 11 Power Bombs, she can excecute the Crystal Flash. This allows Samus to completely heal herself, both her Energy and Reserve Tanks, but at the cost of 10 Missiles, Supers and 11 Power Bombs. 2) Concentration. In Other M, if Samus was at a low enough amount of health, she can concentrate and heal up to a maximum of 3 Energy tanks if given enough time (about 5 seconds I believe). I'm not sure how it works, but the fact is that she can do it. Concentration also refills Samus' ammunition in about 2 & 1/2 seconds. Samus can regain her health and ammo, but unless X has his Weaon/E-Tanks all filled before the fight starts, X is unable to heal himself as far as I'm aware.

I'm not sure what this will add, if anything, but I don't think anyone has mentioned how Samus can heal herself if she was able to immobilize X for a few seconds with her Ice Beam/Missiles, or something else comparable.

X can take attacks from Zero, who is on par with him in every way. The only attack he can't take from Zero is his instant-kill Genmurei, which is more game mechanics than anything. Plus he regularly takes attacks from other Reploids, whose base specs are vastly superior to any robot master, including X's older brother Rock (the original Mega Man) who is Small Planet level.

Second, X has his own healing abilities. Assuming this is composite X at his best, he also has at least Low-High Regenerationn (can regenerate from a piece of his body or when blown to chunks) and is further boosted by the Mother Elf. On top of this, he has instant regen health boosts in reserve called Subtanks (he can hold up to four of them, and all of them can restore him from the brink of death back to full health). Finally, composite X has unlimited ammo due to X4's Ultimate Armor elminating energy costs.

As stated by Reppuzan, Megaman's hax and dura pretty much clash with samus' speed, which made the battle inconclusive, now if PED Samus' stats were known, this would be more cut and clear bit since they aren't it should be left as inconclusive

With all the information stated so far, I am voting inconclusive, due to speed and AP/dura advantage respectively, and absolute zero attacks/black hole attacks that both have.

Reppuzan said:
Assuming this is composite X
Searching through the thread (I used Ctrl+F and used the word composite) it was never specified whether Composite X was used or not. If Composite X is used, then Composite Samus is fair game, and that's equally ridiculous in some ways. Over 100 energy Tanks, well over 1,000 Missiles, several hundreds Supers and Power Bombs, over 200% damage reduction by adding all the suit reductions together, all sorts of stuff. If Composite X and Samus are used we'll be here for at least a few months discussing every tiny possibility. The only way I can tell that will alow us can come to some sort of conclusion is pit these two against each other using some sort of standard arsenal. For Samus this is easy to come by, that being Samus at the end of Super Metroid/Zero Mssion, no Hyper Beam though, that would be too OP. That set of Power Ups is what she ends a good portion of the games with, and are sort of expected going into a Metroid game. X is more difficult, because he gets new weapons and armor upgrades each game. A friend of mine suggested using X4's Ultimate Armor and X1's weapons set, my friends saying that the X1 weapons set is X's most versatile. Also, I believe X receives the Ultimate Armor more than once, the only other armor getting that disctintion is the Falcon Armor I think.

TheAccursedHunter01 said:
Reppuzan said:
Assuming this is composite X
Searching through the thread (I used Ctrl+F and used the word composite) it was never specified whether Composite X was used or not. If Composite X is used, then Composite Samus is fair game, and that's equally ridiculous in some ways. Over 100 energy Tanks, well over 1,000 Missiles, several hundreds Supers and Power Bombs, over 200% damage reduction by adding all the suit reductions together, all sorts of stuff. If Composite X and Samus are used we'll be here for at least a few months discussing every tiny possibility. The only way I can tell that will alow us can come to some sort of conclusion is pit these two against each other using some sort of standard arsenal. For Samus this is easy to come by, that being Samus at the end of Super Metroid/Zero Mssion, no Hyper Beam though, that would be too OP. That set of Power Ups is what she ends a good portion of the games with, and are sort of expected going into a Metroid game. X is more difficult, because he gets new weapons and armor upgrades each game. A friend of mine suggested using X4's Ultimate Armor and X1's weapons set, my friends saying that the X1 weapons set is X's most versatile. Also, I believe X receives the Ultimate Armor more than once, the only other armor getting that disctintion is the Falcon Armor I think.
We're using Composite Samus, it's only fair that we use Composite X.

This should either be closed as inconclusive, or added to X's wins due to more votes, having more advantages and in my view more relevant advantages, but this has gone on for long enough. Pretty much everyone agrees inconclusive.

Wait, does Samus have use of her full arsenal? (No gunships, just her suit) if so, then if she uses hyper beam she wins almost instantly. Right?

We actually don't know her stats as the PED suit, only that she is leagues above her Light Suit's level @HunterTechron, so it would just be grasping at straws

But her h.... Right.... She only had the ability to break more blocks. (She could break down iron gates, the stuff that regular Samus can't break, but she still took some time fighting the final boss :()

Also, we use a Samus with a fully powered suit so.... Yeah...

(Come on Samus, I know your better..... Just need evidence)

Pretty the energy orbs might count as a game mechanic.

By grasping at straws, I mean you're assuming that Hyper Beam would be strong enough to kill "instantly" Megaman X

Mega Man X's regen is low-high, and higher with the Dark Elf, and his durability is large star level+ vs small star level, a fairly huge difference, plus, MMZ Era Mega Man X is leagues above MMX Era Mega Man X just as PED Suit Samus is leagues above Light Suit Samus, just saying, so nothing in her arsenal is strong enough to dent Mega Man X and Phazon is her only viable option.

Hmmmmm..... Well....... No........ Not anymore.......... Oh, motherbrain took many hits........... But it could break solid iron gates that can't be destroyed without it...... And since the mechanics are mixed (it says that Samus can punch a robot that can't be destroyed by earthquake causing super missiles) and I think it could do something.

Also, Samus can walk around in lava with no damage (with gravity suit) and I have never seen a hint that X can do the same, so Samus can take cover down there and if X comes in he takes damage, but if lava is not on the stage then..... Ignore me.

Umm, none of these are really feats of any sort of mangitute when the characters are Star level...

Cures my ability to speak...... Maybe need a new 10 core processor..... Well, this is spam so I will put something useful

What about the lava thing? Samus can go in but mega man will take damage.

Wave and plasma beams allow Samus to shoot through walls

Samus has 2 lives, as she sheds her suit apon death... And Ingame the rest is censored for reasons. . . . .

Via all her white holes IICR. They had stronger gravity than a black hole and closed various black holes and saved the universe or something. Doesn't really matter for reasons I'll say in a sec.

Anyway, this battle is tricky but ultimately straightforward

X can outrun black holes due to easily being MFTL+ in 224,000c while mid-end Samus is just under 10 million c. X is far faster than her white holes can suck in (at most escape velocity would be 100c since they closed black holes which have and escape velocity of > c) and he won't be knocked into them or something by Samus because the gap between their power and dura is much bigger than the gap between their speed (X by MMZ should be at least 7 Foe so he is around 712.98x more powerful and durable assuming Samus is high-end Small Star, while Samus is around 50x faster). The tiny dents Samus can make on X will be healed by X's self repair systems.

Mega Man 2.0 has vastly superior everything over Samus with the exception of a massive speed disadvantage. Phazon is useless since X will either adapt or shrug it off entirely since he's inorganic and the idea that phazon can ignore his dura is a NLF when Phazon has never ignored the dura of anyone remotely close to X's durability and Samus will not be able to hack X due to X's perfect anti-maverick and anti-virus system.

They brawl, X stays out of the white holes' gravitational pull and is unaffected by Samus' attacks as he can easily heal from them faster than Samus can hurt him, while X has a hard time tagging Samus, so he stops time and OHKO's her.

My vote goes to Mega Man X, he's strong enough to obliterate Samus in 1 hit and far more durable than anything Samus can hit him with except for the White Holes (being over 700x greater in power and dura), far more experienced (has fought for over 200 years while Samus is 25), far more intelligent (vastly superior to Mega Man who has a supercomputer brain and Doctor Light implanted him with his own knowledge), has vastly better hax, can escape the while holes and can break Samus' speed advantage via time stops.

Back