• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran vs Megaman X

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
SomebodyStupid said:
Phazon corrupted the Chozo ghosts although in their case they were driven insane
Wasn't that more due to the Phazon corrupting the environment to which the Chozo ghosts were linked and less the Phazon actually directly corrupting the spirits?
Not at all, the gatekeepers of the Leviathan were right on top of it and responded sanely to Samus and took care of Meta-Ridley

According to the wiki the power of the totems the gatekeepers were in kept them sane.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Hmm...I see, because from what I recalled, the ghosts were responding negatively due to the Phazon corrupting Talon IV(?).
Possibly because these ghosts got infected where as the ghosts on the top of the Crater did not?

Samus has greater speed, similar durability and slightly lower AP. This is really close, but I'm gonna vote for Samus. In her Hypermode she becomes invulnerable to damage. Add that with her speed advantage then I think she can wear x down eventually.

So yeah, Samus with high difficulty.

Wait since when was Samus 100000c? I really hope this doesn't have to do with the calc for Samus' gunship considering that Ridley only outsped her ship in Metroid Prime 1 which was only 72 times FTL, nobody has reacted to her ship after Metroid Prime Hunters (which takes place after Prime 1) so you really can't use that speed for earlier feats since it got faster in Hunters

IMO Samus is at least 72c and X is 420c (He's thousands of times FTL with the Dark Elf equipped in the MMZ era)

The only way Samus is killing X is if she uses the White Holes on him, but that would kill her too and he could just teleport away so it really doesn't even matter. He outclasses her in speed, AP/durability and has a large collection of hax of his own so he would win

Nothing's wrong with it, the speed is accurate. However applying it to Ridley's speed is ridiculous, and if it was applied to Ridley that would just make his feat an outlier. lol

But it was accepted, and Ridley has already demonstrated himself to be capable of crossing large distances of space within a short time period.

ProtOrnitierX said:
Nothing's wrong with it, the speed is accurate. However applying it to Ridley's speed is ridiculous, and if it was applied to Ridley that would just make his feat an outlier. lol
This was Meta Ridley

You know X can also make himself invincible with the Chameleon Sting, right? As of Maverick Hunter X he can use any other weapon of his arsenal while it's active.

Heck, the combination makes him nigh unstoppable against Samus's arsenal since the only thing with a remote chance of hurting X at that point is her White Hole generation while any injuries he incurs from the first exchange will be healed by the Mother Elf.

Reppuzan said:
You know X can also make himself invincible with the Chameleon Sting, right? As of Maverick Hunter X he can use any other weapon of his arsenal while it's active.
Heck, the combination makes him nigh unstoppable against Samus's arsenal since the only thing with a remote chance of hurting X at that point is her White Hole generation while any injuries he incurs from the first exchange will be healed by the Mother Elf.
420C Vs 100000C

Add Hypermode which is like Chamelon Sting

Since X is using his full arsenal, would Samus' Black Hole Manipulation count? (From Metroid and Joey EX)

If so, then the combination of phazon, white holes and black holes might put him down. If not she still has the Annilator Beam (A Matter-Antimatter Weapon), and Ice Beam (To atleast slow him down some more)

Hypermode has a limited duration from what I've heard. Overusing it also runs the risk of turning into Dark Samus. X at his best can use his weapons indefinitely.

X is also 220,000c at his best so...

Still saying Samus is faster due to the crazy 10,000,000c calc, but use the right comparison! Time hax ought to close the speed gap after the first exchange though.

What is a "White Hole" exactly? Last I checked she simply used the power to close the black holes erupting around the galaxy/universe.

I still think Phazon is soul hax, which X is all but immune to, but bleh.

The Annhilator Beam doesn't act like a matter-antimatter beam in game, but I suppose that can be attributed to game mechanics. Might work against X, but she doesn't usually open a fight with it does she?

The Ice Beam is pretty potent but X has attacks of similar power (Shotgun Ice and other Ice Weapons) as well as his own black hole attacks.

Reppuzan said:
Hypermode has a limited duration from what I've heard. Overusing it also runs the risk of turning into Dark Samus. X at his best can use his weapons indefinitely.
X is also 220,000c at his best so...

Still saying Samus is faster due to the crazy 10,000,000c calc, but use the right comparison! Time hax ought to close the speed gap after the first exchange though.

What is a "White Hole" exactly? Last I checked she simply used the power to close the black holes erupting around the galaxy/universe.

I still think Phazon is soul hax, which X is all but immune to, but bleh.

The Annhilator Beam doesn't act like a matter-antimatter beam in game, but I suppose that can be attributed to game mechanics. Might work against X, but she doesn't usually open a fight with it does she?

The Ice Beam is pretty potent but X has attacks of similar power (Shotgun Ice and other Ice Weapons) as well as his own black hole attacks.
Hypermode only had limited duration because of the Federation, however in the final planet of the game it loses that weakness and would have to be attacked by alot of phazon to turn into Drak Samus at that point.

Your time hax is not gonna help at all, the speed gap is rather way too high

A white hole is sort of a anti black hole, it pushes matter outwards rather than pulls, (which can be considered as durability bypassing? Possibly?)

Phazon seems more like Mind Manipulation if anything

Samus... just does what she needs to do, she goes for the scan and then for the kill

I see

I mean. I think it comes down to two outcomes.

1. Samus blitzes and one-shots X (she'd probably do this if she has knowledge of X and pulls out the big guns earlier along with X's more passive tendencies). The OP doesn't say anything about prep or anything like that though so I'm not sure if she would try to test X first.

2. X survives due to his superior durability and the Mother Elf (by that point in the series they've made regenerative nano-technology that made humans like Weil able to go toe-toe with Zero, albeit with the help of fusing with a combat satellite) freezes time and blasts Samus.

Reppuzan said:
I mean. I think it comes down to two outcomes.
1. Samus blitzes and one-shots X (she'd probably do this if she has knowledge of X and pulls out the big guns earlier along with X's more passive tendencies). The OP doesn't say anything about prep or anything like that though so I'm not sure if she would try to test X first.

2. X survives due to his superior durability and the Mother Elf (by that point in the series they've made regenerative nano-technology that made humans like Weil able to go toe-toe with Zero, albeit with the help of fusing with a combat satellite) freezes time and blasts Samus.
1.Her scan visor will likely tell show her how much of a threat he is, additionally it would be out of character for Samus not to almost instantly attempt to kill someone. (Only exception was a baby)

2. I can somewhat see that, but still by the time X comes to using it, Samus would have had quite a bit of time

1. She is a bounty hunter so I can't really refute that. I know X will immediately pop up as a high-class threat, but from what I've read in the manga she usually opens up with Super Missiles and what not, but manga is manga and the games are the main canon (Where she opens up with whatever is available to her at the time).. My only real counterargument here is that the Scan Visor takes extra time to scan boss-level creatures (X certainly is one) and during that time there's no telling whether or not X or the Mother Elf would pick up on Samus or not. Yes, she's pretty stealthy, but X is a master of stealth himself (when the situation requires it) and considering the fact that he interfaced with every piece of tech on the planet at once there's certainly the possibility that he could find her before the scan finishes.

2. Time freeze is instant. Yes, it requires a thought, but once it goes off, Samus is done for. Samus is about 50x faster than X, but it's not like she's a 1000x faster. The Mother Elf would also act as soon as X recieves damage and is able to shrug off attacks from three of the Four Guardians (who are all on X's level) and Zero at once.

Reppuzan said:
1. She is a bounty hunter so I can't really refute that. I know X will immediately pop up as a high-class threat, but from what I've read in the manga she usually opens up with Super Missiles and what not, but manga is manga and the games are the main canon (Where she opens up with whatever is available to her at the time).. My only real counterargument here is that the Scan Visor takes extra time to scan boss-level creatures (X certainly is one) and during that time there's no telling whether or not X or the Mother Elf would pick up on Samus or not. Yes, she's pretty stealthy, but X is a master of stealth himself (when the situation requires it) and considering the fact that he interfaced with every piece of tech on the planet at once there's certainly the possibility that he could find her before the scan finishes.
2. Time freeze is instant. Yes, it requires a thought, but once it goes off, Samus is done for. Samus is about 50x faster than X, but it's not like she's a 1000x faster. The Mother Elf would also act as soon as X recieves damage and is able to shrug off attacks from three of the Four Guardians (who are all on X's level) and Zero at once.
1. Not sure if that longer peroid of time would help

2.50x faster is alot more than you think it is, especially if he can't catch her

Er- His Time Freeze (the Dark Hold) is an AoE thing. Everything around him is immediately frozen. No aiming or anything.

Reppuzan said:
Er- His Time Freeze (the Dark Hold) is an AoE thing. Everything around him is immediately frozen. No aiming or anything.
Oh ah I see, still with that speed difference, each second for X is practically 50 for Samus

The only question is whether Samus can pulverize the Mother Elf in Scenario 2 since she's even tougher than X.

Reppuzan said:
The only question is whether Samus can pulberize the Mother Elf in Scenario 2 since she's even tougher than X.
Mother Elf? Theres another character in this fight?

Let me explain. We're going by both characters at their absolute best, right?

The Mother Elf is a program developed from X's Anti-Virus Program and Zero's Antibodies that was designed to end the Maverick Wars. After equipping himself with her, X reached the pinnacle of his power and single-handedly wiped out the Maverick Virus from the entire planet.

X didn't like holding so much power, so he unequipped her and had her stay in a sanctuary, where Weil (Dr. Wily 2.0) stole her and turned her into the Dark Elf to start another war.

The full extent of her power was seen in the third Mega Man Zero game, where she is linked with Omega, who is using Zero's original body since he got moved into a copy body and- (it's complicated).

Long story short, Zero beats Omega in single-combat and is about to finish him when the Dark Elf appears, blocking Zero's attack along with the subsequent attacks from the Guardians (basically X's kids who are all on the same level of power as him), albeit managing to injure Omega in the process and providing an opening for Zero to finally take him out.

In case you had a TL;DR moment, the Mother Elf is essentially X's last upgrade, a seperate entity that can restore him, amps his power, and can act seperately to shield him from the attacks of Four Large Star Level+ attackers at once.

Reppuzan said:
Let me explain. We're going by both characters at their absolute best, right?
The Mother Elf is a program developed from X's Anti-Virus Program and Zero's Antibodies that was designed to end the Maverick Wars. After equipping himself with her, X reached the pinnacle of his power and single-handedly wiped out the Maverick Virus from the entire planet.

X didn't like holding so much power, so he unequipped her and had her stay in a sanctuary, where Weil (Dr. Wily 2.0) stole her and turned her into the Dark Elf to start another war.

The full extent of her power was seen in the third Mega Man Zero game, where she is linked with Omega, who is using Zero's original body since he got moved into a copy body and- (it's complicated).

Long story short, Zero beats Omega in single-combat and is about to finish him when the Dark Elf appears, blocking Zero's attack along with the subsequent attacks from the Guardians (basically X's kids who are all on the same level of power as him), albeit managing to injure Omega in the process and providing an opening for Zero to finally take him out.

In case you had a TL;DR moment, the Mother Elf is essentially X's last upgrade, a seperate entity that can restore him, amps his power, and can act seperately to shield him from the attacks of Four Large Star Level+ attackers at once.
This sounds kinda like outside help? Well it depends, does she have her own thoughts/ will?

If so, I think she does count as outside help....

She's mainly objectified throughout the series and is treated as a piece of equipment for the most part. Yes, she is technically a seperate being, but she is part of X's arsenal at his best.

The best comparison I can make for is that she's like Squall Leonheart's Guardian Forces. Yes, they're separate entities, but they can be called into combat and he can fuse with them to gain extra power.

If we were to judge it with the current amount of votes we have now, I think this should go under inconclusive matches, as the votes as they are seem rather mixed, with X only having two more votes than Samus. And there's also the one neutral.

Meh, Let's keep this thread going for a while. Maybe somethng game-changing will come up.

If I removed time-stop and equalized speed, strength and durability, who would come out on top?

Speed equalized it's even more of a stalemate. Both of them can render themselves absolutely invincible to attacks on their level and both can fly and planet bust and what not. They have barriers to nullify each others hax (X's forcefields will keep out anti-matter attacks while Hypermode shrugs off absolute zero ice).

X.

@Tyler No one simply equalizes strength and dura. Speed is understandanble, but AP and Durability is simply too much.

Only one little probelm, this match uses their strongest form, when Samus' strongest is unknown

Back