• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Because time is stopped.
You cant slow down time, speed up time or any of that while time itself is stopped, the flow of time is no longer moving l, if you could do thst it wouldnt really be stopped time.

Problem with that is, if time's stopped he can still be hit by Samus then, she'd just need to drop a huge AOE attack than and engulf both of them.

Depends on how much time gets slowed down.
Ok I kinda get it

No, if she dropped a huge AOE he'd just reverse time to the point where she didn't drop it yet, or pull a Maltruent and throw her in front of the blast, get out of dodge and let time continue flowing.

I mean, speed is already equalized as it it, and couple that with time being slowed down? I can see him hitting her with it, After all he managed to tag a bunch of alternate dimension Ben's who were fighting in an abandoned town/military base.

He could also just stop time and ten send her into another timeline (I don't think you need time to flow in order to send someone into a different reality, but I could be wrong)

Also it's Brainstom vs the vengers not the rooters. Sorry, I'm hella tired

If he rewind time to where she didn't, she does it again, that wont stop it.

Thats why I said AOE, Samus is durable to tank her own attacks with little effort (outside of screw attack and ice beam, but only if she has metroid dna since ice screws them).

And to move her in front of the blast? Maybe, but if the blast goes off? He cant really contact her, remember he's only wall in dura, samus here is island, she could just engulf her self in explosions so he cant get close to her, if the aoe is big enough it could even outrange him.

Plus she can time bombs, theres a few ways she coukd at least force an inconclusive.

Maybe he could? Has he shown being too? That sounds plausible but it depends on how its done. Ie portals, rewind, rifts, would all be different.

No, he'll see it coming the next time and freeze/slow down time

if the blast goes off, he'd reverse time to the point where it didn't and also to the point where she didn't encase herself with explosions, and back to square one.

I don't get this point?

It's the same beam thing but the target gets sent to another timeline

If he freezes time how would he do his aging stuff? He cant win that way, slowing time maybe but that depends on how much he can slow down time as ive already pointed out.

Has that beam showed to hit targets (or move, maybe a statement or implications?) in stopped time? For all we know the beam could hit entrophy like Dio's knives.

I mean, with speed equalized there is a good chance it'll hit, but she can dodge. With speed equalized all speed is the same. On top of having the same reaction and movement speed as the time ray, if she becomes even slower than that, then the chances of her dodging are even less

I'll admit, now that you mention implications there are a few that imply he can't use offensive beams in stopped time (offensive meaning no aging or anything, just force). No other implications for the rest though.

Another thing is, even if time has ceased to move, I don't see why throwing someone into another timeline won't work if the beam can move in a time stop. If not, then his best bet is slowing down time and aging her to dust/BFRing her.

Since this has been established, I think this debate is going to go on and on about whether or not Clockwork's time stop is 'time stoppy' enough to tag a speed equalized samus, and this will ultimately lead to an inconclusive anyway since it requires tons of assumptions and stuff, so why don't we actually end it here? xD

Distance matters, the further away the less likely itd hit.

Thing is has the beam showed to move in stopped time? There's plenty of characters who throw projectiles, beams and weapons in stopped time and they stop moving too.

Time stop would work, he can tag her then, problem is he lacks ap of sorts to do any damage (by billions of times over) within stopped time or any other hax, but his only methods may get nulled by his own stop potentially.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Distance matters, the further away the less likely itd hit.
Thing is has the beam showed to move in stopped time? There's plenty of characters who throw projectiles, beams and weapons in stopped time and they stop moving too.

Time stop would work, he can tag her then, problem is he lacks ap of sorts to do any damage (by billions of times over) within stopped time or any other hax, but his only methods may get nulled by his own stop potentially.
Distance is a factor, but in the scan I provided Clockwork's beams can be blasted so far they're seen from space.

I mean if I were to venture a guess, since his beam is a natural ability and he remains unaffected by stopped time, certain beam abilities that aren't nulled by stopped time may work, I mean chronosapiens in general are kinda timey wimey like that, but that's hardly an excuse.

I mean we know he can slow down time, and we know he can stop it too. We also know that he has some pretty good precision with his time powers. If he slows down time to nearly time stop levels but not completely, he could easily tag her, and with the range and AOE potential of the beams, I think he could take it, or it may end up in a stalemate.

I mean if he could span his AOE throughout an entire town like in that scan I showed you in order to revive people erased from reality, he could possibly do the opposite, and even without that AOE, he managed to manuever a single beam throughout a large portion of a town/the entire town to tag all the fighting evil Bens, and when his beam passed over the good Bens he showed enough precision to not make it affect them.

Ya misunderstood, I meant the further he us the easier it is to dodge.

Anyway, youre assuming far to much on what he can and can't do it, the slowest have power diwn time us his cap unkess shown or stated to be better.

Same with his AP fields, they can only do what theyve shown unless shown Or stated otherwise.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Ya misunderstood, I meant the further he us the easier it is to dodge.
Anyway, youre assuming far to much on what he can and can't do it, the slowest have power diwn time us his cap unkess shown or stated to be better.

Same with his AP fields, they can only do what theyve shown unless shown Or stated otherwise.
Why though? He has some pretty good range, and speed is equalized

Exactly, speed equal, the further away the more distance she can cross before it reaches her.

As for the latter, because ya need feats, statements or at least implications to do stuff ya never did.

Like why use rays or lasers when ya can do the same effect with a giant AOE field?

We can't say he can do something he never did.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Exactly, speed equal, the further away the more distance she can cross before it reaches her.
As for the latter, because ya need feats, statements or at least implications to do stuff ya never did.

Like why use rays or lasers when ya can do the same effect with a giant AOE field?

We can't say he can do something he never did.
I get your point ont he latter, so I didn't counter it in my previous post.

Anyway, how far could she possibly be? Even if she was pretty far away, he slows down time He'd close in pretty fast, and if he stops time to get nearer and lets time flow again (only to slow it down again) he'd tag her.

About your point about Ben getting countered by Samus's AOE earlier, even though her scanner tells her the abilities of a form, it won't tell her every single strategy Ben could come up with, so it's unlikely that she'd just engulf herself in explosions and then use an AOE.

Her scanner tells her the name, powers, weaknesses and how to exploit them of enemy creatures. That's more than enough to work with, as at that point she akready knew wha her opponent is capable of an how to beat them.

As far how far? Not sure, Op ddnt specify.

Anyway this thread is a bit dead now, and it won't be going anywhere.

I'm gonna let this die so I can focus on some revisions I plan on doing.

Stopping time is a power, weak defences is a weakness, stopping time so he can throw her into her own explosion is neither, it's a strategy, which her scanner will not be able to scan.

Anyway, if you don't wanna respond to this it's fine

Throwing her into own explosion?

That won't hurt her, shes tanked her own attacks before.

Plus she doesn't need those explosions to be tier 6, just tier 9 since that's his dura.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Throwing her into own explosion?
That won't hurt her, shes tanked her own attacks before.

Plus she doesn't need those explosions to be tier 6, just tier 9 since that's his dura.
Nah, this was just something you said earlier when I brought up throwing her into her explosions. Shouldn't have brought it up :p

Samus is still 7A.

Is kinda fallacic that she can scan anything with her visor though.

And please, let this match die already DX>

Not really when she's scanned stuff like Gorea, and other super alien terrors. Ifs it just aliens then there's no problem, which is what's here.

Also why isn't Samus upgraded? Everyone agreed with the calc.

But yes die, there's a reason no responded for like 5 days.

Newendigo said:
I have never saw someone so obsessed with Nier ┬░.┬░
There's like 10 matches with any of the characters and two are concluded, one took an endless amount of bumping.

If someone makes Been vs 9S. I will be their eternal guardian

Rider has an Instawin stare, that failed....

Anyway, I'm not replying to this anymore, it's freaking long.

If slapping your wife is such a sin as kill people, the I dont see why could not work.

I mean, hell, it worked on a race that needed to kill people to survive, GR never forgets.

Back