• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Samus Ara has had a sort of issue, when it comes to Phazo. I didn't want to bring it up until Metroid Prime 4 came (with a possible Phazon plot point) but looking back at Samus' profile, I feel like it won't be as controversial now.

As some of you may know, Metroid tends to be really, really downplayed in most of vs debating. We might be the only site with Samus above 6-C for example. It's generally not due to hostile reasons though, it just seems more of an inability to accept Metroid has some unrealistic level of feats.

And this one may be the biggest of all.

In the Prime series, Phazon is described to have a disgusting amount of hax, some rather insane levels of it at times. And Samus has shown the ability to resist Phazon nearly every time she encounters it. Examples include:

• Gradually getting damaged by encountering it whereas everything else (except for Metroids and Phazon born beings) nearly-instantly dies.
  • Absorbed three entire Phazon Cores through several planets without being completely corrupted whereas all the other Hunters got corrupted quickly on the job.
  • Literally has Omega Pirate completely decompose into Phazon on her and walks out with a brand new Suit rather than anything usually depicted by Phazon.
  • Can use her psychic abilities on Dark Samus (Intro to MP3) without getting brain cancer or any of the other effects.
  • The closest she even got to some of the status effects was when she was literally over a quarter of Phazon.
The issue here, is that it means she has resistance to nearly ever effect Phazon has ever had (save BFR/Portals, Creation, other non-offensive applicable abilities). Which would mean a very, very big list of resistances for Samus of rather inane hax.

Samus should also gain:

Resistance to Subatomic Attacks due to tanking Sylux's weapon, which can attack at a subatomic level via firing neutrinos.

Homing Attack in her weaker tier due to the missiles and charged comboes in MP, as well as the seeker missile have shown to lock on to targets when fired.

Explosion Manipulation via Battlehammer

Technology Negation with the Volt driver.

Magma Manipulation via the Magmaul

Afterimage Creation via the Speed Booster.

Radiation Manipulation via the Omega cannon. (Is also capable of negating all of Gorea's defensive abilities, including: Regenerationn (High) and its resistance to convential weaponry, thus has a degree of Resistance Negation.

This looks great! Does this also mean Samus has resistance to soul manipulation, Reality Warping, bio and tech manipulation, status effect inducement, and precognition/psychic negation?

How does resisting Phazon mean she's resisting all of its abilities simultaneously

Phazon is composed of all of those hax abilities, and Samus consistently withstands attacked by phazon and not suffering any of those features. SD can probably elaborate more.

@Prom like Dark said, Phazon is composed of all those. The only abilities that need to be actively activated would be things like Hypermode, other defensive abilities, or specific mutations, everything else is just there with Phazon. The only really debatable one is reality warping, given the biggest example happened through a crash, but it has been replicated outside of that by DS off-screen though we do now no crashing was involved in that.

@Dark yes. However, I'm still iffy on it personally.

Bump, yeah, I too am iffy on resistance to reality warping, but resistance to the other stuff seems legit. Considering, even tiny particles of phazon infects various hax and nulls, where as, Samus tanked waves of Phazon attacks and resisted it.

So from what I can tell, Samus, and possibly Dark Samus and the ing, would get resistance to radiation, disease, really good mind hax, life hax, soul hax, biological hax, technological hax, status effects, and psychic/precognition negation, while reality warping is up in the air if it should be accepted.

Alrighty, while this may be a bit off topic, it's related to certain additions to Samus' arsenal. I'm gonna add a smaller list of things she should have here.

So samus should have:

Fire manipulation via MP1 Plasma Beam

Resistance to Subatomic destruction due to tanking Sylux's weapon, which can attack at a subatomic level via firing neutrinos.

Homing attack in her weaker tier due to the missiles and charged comboes in MP, as well as the seeker missile have shown to lock on to targets when fired.

Explosion manipulation via Battlehammer

can temporarily disable nearby technology with the Volt driver.

Magma manipulation via the Magmaul

Radiation manipulation via the Omega cannon.

Its already on her page, just not linked to fire manip (I'll link it soon)

Actually nvm, we have a page for plasma manip, that would suit it better.

Ok, there's one more thing I forgot to mention. So in MP1, when enemies are hit with a charged wave shot, they get paralyzed for a few seconds, and the wavebuster can keep them paralyzed until they either die, or Samus runs out of missiles.

And she should have durability negation via ice beam, shock coil, dark beam, and omega cannon.

Charged Beam: I believe that falls under stun, rather than paralysis

Wavebuster: I think that is paralysis given the electric nature.

Durability Negation: I can specify that if you want.

Dark Samus: Not exactly sure, I'll check scans if they ever mention anything about that "Wraith mode".

Oh and one more thing, so in the very beginning of MP1, Samus can indeed run into Phazon when she's not in her varia suit. So in the crash frigate site, you run into a couple of crates that are leaking Phazon. Samus can not only scan it to find similar descriptions to the radioactive weapon of mass destruction, but she's able to get close enough to take damage, but not fall under the symptoms of the phazon.

Hmmm it could be game mechanics. Just to be safe, I think it would be best to only be in the varia suit unless we gain more evidence.

I don't see how it's game mechanics when the leaked phazon disappears afterwards, and it is something that's scannable.

I meant Samus taking damage from the phazon as game mechanics at that point of the game.

Uhh, I'm not sure how that's a game mechanic. The phazon has been described through the lore in the game that it's very deadly when near sentient life, and the same applies when you go to the phazon mines later in the game, and when you encounter phazon in MP2.

Basically I'm saying Samus not dying at that point in the game is due to a game mechanic. As in, she might die outside of game mechanics.

I was gonna say that I understand if it was something like Megaman's spike traps or a goomba hurting Mario, but this is shown in lore that it's deadly to all life that isn't born from Phazon.

But ok, I'll drop this.

Bump

https://shinesparkers.net/metroid-prime-2-dark-echoes-qa/

A translation of an interview regarding Metroid Prime 2 also came out that explains that Dark Aether's toxic atmosphere is made up of gaseous Phazon, which Samus can also handle (significantly better than most lifeforms at that). Additionally, Metroid Prime became Dark Samus not just through the DNA and Suit absorption, but by also copying her mind in the process (Just a slight upgrade for Dark Samus' intelligence and MP gains Mind Reading via absorption). The Ing are also fundamentally immune to the effects of Phazon.

Also had the Luminoth not been hit so hard by the Leviathan, they would have beaten the Ing apparently. (A fact I just felt was interesting)

Looks interesting, though, I'm hoping Prime 4 gives even more hax upgrades. I kind of already knew about the Luminoths being naturally superior to the Ing. And yes, Dark Samus upgrades FTW.

Wait, wasn't the Ing born from the leviathan crashing into Aether? I'm pretty sure that U-Mos said that because of the meteor crashing into Aether, Dark Aether was born.

Also, in that interview, there was someone who asked how did DS get to Aether from Tallon IV, and the guy answering the questions said that she was able to "short range" warp her way to Aether.

Possible teleportation ability for DS???

I feel that some of this stuff is kinda of iffy.

Tech negation is a exaggeration, is pretty common in fiction that energy are capable to disturb and mess around with devices, this applies to varies sources, from magnetism, to electricity, to even drastic changes in temperature.

About the Shock Coil, its even stated that on the page of wiki that is complety harmless due to their low mass, so I doutb that is safe to assume Samus is full resistant to sub-atomic destruction.

@Newendigo not all energy has been shown to mess with technology in fiction. If that were true, then goku using ki near technology would shut down all near technology, even though we've never seen him do that.

For the shock coil, it's stated that it's 'banned technology" in the game, so I doubt that a weapon that's supposedly harmless would be banned for no good reason.

That is just one example, and this not only applie with energy, water can often disrupt with devices, does that means that any water user can negate tech?

Heck, this is common in real life, electronic devices such as your new plasma TV can get f*cked by a rain or a storm.

Okay, but I don't believe that Samus should get a fully resistant to sub-atomic destruction. Also, its also stated that the weapon is a prototype, meaning that is not fully capable of what it propose.

You do know that you're comparing real life to fiction right? Where technology can indeed work in the rain or a storm, like Samus' gunship, or the space pirate's numerous technology.

And how is the weapon being a prototype invalidates the point that it fires neutrinos at the enemy? It says in the datalog that it CAN fire neutrinos, not that it would fire neutrinos if it was fully made.

Why are we comparing primitive human technology to technology perfected by godlike alien races that are thousands of years old and naturally have IQ's thousands of times greater than humans? Surprise Mind hacking Super-Genius level beings with great precognition is a massive mind manip level feat and a massive Precognition null feat as well. Also, Phazon also evolves the already godlike biology and technology further. So there's clearly no reason not to say that tech null is legit.

Also, Samus can cause Soul Destruction; that's how she negates Low-Godly regen, harms characters with Spacial Intangibility, and kills Non-Corporeal beings. Looks at Phantoon and the Chozo Ghosts.

@Glass + Because fiction often potrays things from the real life as true, tech often get disrupted by strong energy attacks and other stuff, is very common. Of course, we can't applie this to everything such as DB, but seeing how many stuff there doesn't make senses, we can't used as an example.

And its not even negation, is just a status effect that last for like five seconds.

My point is that we can't say that Samus fully resisted the sub-atomic destruction if she has not wishtood a full worth attack.

But since, I'm not very knowledge about matter manipulation, I'm going to ask someone else.

@Medeus + What does phazon has to do with this? I'm arguing that the Volt Driver being able to negate tech is an exaggeration and that Samus should not have fully resistant to sub-atomic destruction from the Shock Coil.

Again, it's still fiction in the end of the day. For pete's sake, the metroid series has an ability that turns Samus into a ball, and she doesn't die from it. You're telling me that a series like Metroid is more realistic than any other fictional series?

It's not a status effect when it's specifically targeting technology, and not the opponent itself.

She has withstood a full frontal sub-atomic attack. The gun from Sylux is his primary weapon, and that fires Neutrinos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back