• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm inclined to compare Samus's precognition to Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I'm inclined to compare Samus's precognition to Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles.
Kinda, but it´s continuously active, as opposed to Shulk´s foresight, which seemingly only activates when it´s convenient for him. I could be wrong about the latter, though, i haven´t beaten Xenoblade Chronicles yet.

In canon, Shulk's visions activate for each and every attack, and time is pretty much stopped while the vision is playing. Meaning it's already processed as information instantly into their mind about their opponents next move. The, only activates when necessary is a game mechanic.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Looks interesting, though, I'm hoping Prime 4 gives even more hax upgrades. I kind of already knew about the Luminoths being naturally superior to the Ing. And yes, Dark Samus upgrades FTW.
I hope not. The resulting fan- gasm would fry my brain. Besides, Samus is already the most haxed low 4-C, what more do you want?

Well, she is in one key, but it be badass if even Zero Suit Samus was a super haxed gal with a high tier. I know Samus without the Power Suit still being far above even an outside help Master Chief is good enough, but why stop there? Or maybe Varia Suit Samus becomes the strongest 5-B character somehow. Or even better yet, what if one of her new suits, which would scale to her composite key, becomes Tier 2 or above?

Anyway, we should probably stop derailing. The primary focus is Samus having additional hax resistances in her Varia Suit based on what's stated in the OP.

What I fail to understand is HOW samus has this resistance in the first place. It's stated everywhere that Phazon is extremely dangerous, and Samus throughout the Phazon centered games gains utilities that allow her to prtoect herself from Phazon. Why does she have this resistance in the first place? What gave her this resistance? And when did she obtain this resistance?

The trailer for Metroid Prime 3 states that the PED suits do not give the users Phazon Fever, yet after abosbring three cores Samus begins to feel the symptoms of the fever.

This means that she was protected from the fever in the beginning due to the PED suit, but it can't handle extreme loads of it. Without the PED suit, Samus would have been affected much sooner.

As for fighting Dark Samus, the times they fought in Prime 2 never did what Dark Samus did to her in Prime 3. This may just be some game mechanic rather than a showcase for resistance. As Prime 3 completely makes the Prime 2 feat irrelevant.

I'm not sure how to explain it to you at this to you, but that's like saying Dragon Ball characters are no longer planet busters after the events of Frieza saga. Phazon hax has been extremely potent ever since the first Prime game. Even the first Leviathan effected all of Tallon IV and even a godlike race such as the Chozo were powerless to resist it. Their souls and minds were all being manipulation, despite that fact that all Chozo initially had great resistance to mind manipulation and stuff like that.

The Phazon used in Prime 2 is even stronger than the one in Prime 1 and Samus still resisted the various hax abilities that terrified even the Luminoths. All of the Ings also possessed great Phazon hax turned the tables against the Luminoths that after the Leviathan impact. And if Samus can resist Phazon hax in Prime 2, that's still resistance.

Prime 3 simply has a stronger level of Phazon hax. Yes, it is true she requires the PED suit to face Prime 3's level of Phazon, but Samus in her varia suit has still dealt with the Phazon hax in Prime 2, which is in turn superior to the aforementioned Phazon hax in Prime 1 that already is composed of the various hax abilities.

1. We don't know, we just know she does. Half of resistances come out of nowhere (Vegeta's mind manip resistance for example)

2. That's... never stated. She gains a resistance to the damaging aspect, but it never mentions phazon fever.

3. Actually, the PED Suit helped accelerate it when Samus was given access to Hypermode and drain phazon.

4. Dark Samus (Prime 3) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Samus in Dark Aether, this isn't new nor surprising. She fused with the origin planet of Phazon in Prime 3 remember?

Why wouldn't it just be a game mecahnic? Samus doesn't get infected until she actually contacts with her. Similar to how earlier mentioned in this discussion that touching the leaking cannister is just a game mechanic.

As for Prime 2, how connected are the Ing to Phazon? I know they were created by Phazon, but would it be wrong to say that Samus exploring Dark Aether is kind of like exploring the Leviathon on Tallon IV to a much higher degree?

Because canonically she had to be near it, it is quite literally everywhere, and the lore states that not all of the effects need to be via contact, in the earlier mentioned cannister, you don't actually have to be there at that point.

It wouldn't be wrong. In fact, in an interview, it was stated that the toxic gas is toxic because it is composed of Phazon, and that everyone (Non-phazon related) would die in moments upon entering, with the current exception being Samus (Hence more evidence for being able to resist phazon.)

It still does a lot of damage to explore Dark Aether. Most of the time she's just running from light crystal to light crystal. The Varia suit resists it for only a short time. Once you gain the Dark suit, traversing Dark Aether becomes easier, but still slightly dangerous. Only the Light suit was completely immune to the atmosphere. So I don't see how the Varia suit has much resistance to Phazon based on Prime 2.

The Metroid wiki says that a trailer states that, but I can't find the trailer. So screw that trailer. A similar example comes the Scan of the PED the Marines use. It states that as far as Prime 3, no one using the PED has been afflicted with Phazon fever, which is more common in Space Pirate variations of the PED. Only after three cores are absorbed does Samus feel the symptoms. So perhaps Samus just discovered that it does have limits and she's reaching hers?

As for Damr Samus fusing with Phaase. Wasn't that at the end of the game? It wasn't before the attack on the Federation Base, no?

Um what? You're correct, she didn't resist the damaging part. But canonically, she resisted all the other effects of Phazon while on Dark Aether, thats what the resistances are for.

No it doesn't. Having read the scans, I can confirm that the PED Trooper's doesn't mention Phazon Fever. Not to mention all the Hunters have the PED and they were all corrupted. Though why does this matter? All it means is a higher resistance.

D Samus found and took over Phazee about 6 months before Norion was attacked actually.

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Phazon_Enhancement_Device The scan is right before the trivia section. It says exactly what I was talking about. The PED suits have resistance to Phazon fever, which also helps Samus until she reaches 75%.

https://shinesparkers.net/metroid-prime-2-dark-echoes-qa/6/ This link is from an interview with the development staff behind Prime 2. The first question on this page asks why hasn't Samus been possesed in the game, and the staff state that it's cause she has the energy transfer module. It protected her from the mind manipulation. She doesn't have this after Prime 2 is over.

As for Dark Samus, yes she took over Phaaze, but she never merged with it. She implanted the Aurora unit so she could control the planet through the unit. She never merged with it until the final confrontation. After all she does appear in a physical form on Norion.

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Phazon_Sickness In the trivia, points out that some troopers are showing symptoms. Though again, pointing out that Samus having a higher resistance than the others is my point, which this doesn't disprove.

Possession =/= mind manip. Also it was made against Ing possession (Which works differently) not Phazon corruption.

Ok? Assuming you're correct, doesn't change the fact that Dark Samus (Corruption) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Samus (Echoes)

@SD + There is not explanation of how Samus precog works, this has been a bother for me a several users that are not familiar with Metroid.

The only details that people has explained were like: "Her precog is Ultra Instict level, she can see the future before it happens" and stuff that doesnt explain at all.

She can react to attacks that she couldn't see coming. What's so confusing about that, not to mention her "see into the future thing" scales from the chozo since she has their DNA.

Then why is so hard to just add that explanation to the profile and no go for this trouble? Again, this has been a bother for several people over the course of many threads.

Samus has shown more than once in Other M to be able to dodge threats behind her, and threats that are out of view, such as when the Vorash lunged at Samus from below the location she was traveling in, and there was no way for Samus to see or hear the Vorash coming.

All of this is in her blog, everything she has was just filling up the page when we decided to cut the fat and add it to her blog.

It's not as easy as you'd think, since this ability is linked to A LOT of other weapons and skills she has.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Well, she is in one key, but it be badass if even Zero Suit Samus was a super haxed gal with a high tier. I know Samus without the Power Suit still being far above even an outside help Master Chief is good enough, but why stop there? Or maybe Varia Suit Samus becomes the strongest 5-B character somehow. Or even better yet, what if one of her new suits, which would scale to her composite key, becomes Tier 2 or above?
Anyway, we should probably stop derailing. The primary focus is Samus having additional hax resistances in her Varia Suit based on what's stated in the OP.
That would be very impressive, what with bs characters such as Kriemhild Gretchen, White Queen and BB being around.

Spidey sense works way differently.

@New ok. It was removed originally because no one actually read it, so don't expect it to make a difference. Though pre-cog being on the page seems rather redundant, it's not that hard to grasp what pre-cog is.

It is information that the average fan of Metroid wouldn't know. I certainly didn't, I just considered it was some form of Soidey sense.

But yeah, many people don't read the pages so it might not have a huge effect over everyone.

Idk, by normal CRT standards it should be okay, but this is a big change, so I kinda want more people to comment.

but its not getting any traction, so....?

Well Metroid isn't that big of a series in this site to the extent of PMMM or Dies Arae or Dragon Ball.

Oh yeah, I almost for got Hunter should be contacted; He's another expert.

Theglassman12 said:
Btw, there's one more ability that I forgot to mention that Samus should have.
Afterimage Creation: Due to the speed booster leaving afterimages of herself when activated.
Samus is able to create afterimages by jumping too as seen in Zero Mission and Other M. In Zero Mission it's when Samus jumps and wall jumps, while in Other M it's when Samus does the Spin Jump and Kick Climb. I haven't read through the entire thread yet, I'll respond when I read the rest now that I'm home from work but everything looks fine to me so far.

Theglassman12 said:
@accursedhunter Ok, so basically she has afterimages by default.
So I guess she's just that fast? I don't believe there was ever a calc stating how fast Samus' traveling speed on foot and in the Morph Ball was. Speed Booster is without a doubt faster than sound, but if we go by game mechanics then the Speed Booster doubles Samus' running speed (seems like it to me). Does that mean Samus can run over 300 mph on foot? She'd be even faster in Morph Ball. Speaking of which, Samus in Morph Ball is as fast as the Speed Booster in Other M. Also to note that even though Samus' Speed Booster is faster than sound, her beams and Missiles can still travel faster than the Speed Booster. I've heard plenty of times that Samus' projectiles are slow, but I don't think they're nearly as slow as people think or something like, say, the Covenant Plasma Rifle from Halo.

After reading the entire thing there are a few things I'd like to bring up.

1) In Prime 3, Samus threw up after defeating Mogenar, aka when she reached 25% Phazon corruption: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApC74XffPEk. Start that video at 9:30.

2) I believe the PED Suit just allows Samus to channel her internal Phazon reserves her body naturally produces (since she's infected by Phazon in Prime 3) as well as being able to vent her Energy Tanks on Phaaze thanks to the Hyper Mode override stuff. Once of the first things Samus is told in Prime 3 upon waking up after saving Norion is that she is internally producing Phazon with no negative effects to her health, so she was given the PED Suit to weaponize the Phazon to fight. The PED Suit does help Samus manage the Phazon when it gets out of control though. The fact that Samus is infected with Phazon in Prime 3 is why she can even jump in Phazon pools to refill her health in seconds.

3) We aren't told when the other Prime 3 Bounty Hunters got 100% corrupted, but they at least lasted a week before dropping out of contact with the Federation. Then Samus wakes up and settles the problem in an afternoon even though she was practically marinated in way more Phazon than the other Hunters were. Rundus at least seemed to retain some of his former self, even though he wasn't in control of his body.

4) Samus should also have some sort of technology manipulation with her Prime 1 Wave Beam with how it effects machine enemies such as the Space Pirate Security Drones, as well as the Wave Beam's ability to activate powered down machines.

@Accursed She does have control over the phazon spreading, since she can manage hypermode at will and make sure it doesn't overload.

1. Hmm, and then she proceeds to not throw up again right? Interesting...

2. Ye, though I'm not sure what it would qualify as, if it would qualify at all.

3. Ye, though it was noted in the logs that the hunters (At least in Runda's case) easily took down Bryyo's inhabitants, so its unlikely he even used Hypermode in that time.

4. Isn't that just because of its electric property?

Well the wave beam also has an effect where it stuns the enemies for a few seconds, or even as long as the wavebuster can last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back