• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 General Discussion Thread 3: Kishimoto hates moons

That's actually pretty good for noobs tbh. Idk how it breaks down in Japan, but in The US, The average Manga Price is $9.99 and if i'm correct, 10% of sales is what an author gets in Royalties.

• Both volumes together = 23k
  • 23k * 9.99 = $229,770
  • Author Royalties = $22,977
In 3 days....

Now S8 would only be a disappointment because it didn't sale more under Kishimoto's name but Shueisha shot themselves in the foot by over marketing. If it was a regular release, S8 would have less of an uphill battle turning a profit but now....

It's actually a good thing KnY and One Piece and SxF are selling big. Their profit margins off sets the losses S8 and other new manga would've brought in which keeps Shueisha from being "reactionary".

I mean, ask yourselves which is better?

• Losing Money due to a few poor releases.
  • Not making as much of a profit due to a few poor releases.

If Samurai 8 was a new manga by an unknown author, these sales would be ok. It would be alarming and axe-worthy if it continued with such numbers.

The problem is that it's by Kishimoto, a big name profile who's name clearly doesn't hold weight since he can't sell off of name now. Following up is the massive promotion that was held for S8. While Kishimoto made money, Shueisha probably lost a lot since they assumed promotion + Kishi = $$.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
If Samurai 8 was a new manga by an unknown author, these sales would be ok. It would be alarming and axe-worthy if it continued with such numbers.
The problem is that it's by Kishimoto, a big name profile who's name clearly doesn't hold weight since he can't sell off of name now. Following up is the massive promotion that was held for S8. While Kishimoto made money, Shueisha probably lost a lot since they assumed promotion + Kishi = $$.
The loses they would've made are likely offset by the Monstrous sales of like KnY, OP, etc. So Shueisha still more than likely made a profit due to the others carrying the weight, just not as much as they would've liked.

Example: Say they projected $10 million in profits with S8 potentially being big, but only makes 7.5 million due to it selling low but other series selling high. If Shueisha's expenses after all the marketing was say, around 5-ish million, they still would've made a profit of around 2.5 million. Granted making a profit of around 5 million is better, they still wouldn't post loses.

So instead of looking at Kishi with an Axe, they're looking at him like, "Bruh....Get your shit together."

At any rate, this is but a possibility, I'm just speculating on a possible scenario and being positive. But man...if I made $22k in 3 days, i'd be happy as ****!

Since vsbattles is not a manga sales and TOC talk platform so it's kinda off topic but sorry if I'm mistaken. So I had a question in mind since Pandora box and Mandala box were shown to be nothing but just the Eyes of Warrior god fudo myoo so can we say that he's powerful enough to destroy or create galaxies with just a blink of an eye in he wanted. And so as a whole can he be considered at least Universal + as an speculation

Anything can be disucussed here as long as it has to do with Samurai 8. This is the samurai 8 discussion thread.

Maybe, more proof is needed. We need to make sure that galaxy destruction is literal.

Well so we will just consider that his eyes are the only source of power and not his entire body, he should be stronger than just the boxes in that's just his eyes.

OKay regarding sells as a newcomer it's decent but due to Kishi name and jump advertisement it's crap correct?

We don't know, Hachi was faster than Daruma's movement at that moment does not meant Daruma was moving very fast.

The Samurai 8 universe is kinda like the dbz universe . In Dbz universe their are 4 quadrants known as North, south, west and east galaxy which each contains billions of galaxies. Same in Samurai 8 which also has 4 quadrants of which two have been revealed like Cube galactic quadrant which had cube like planets and stars where Ata and kala were shown to be in and next is the ball galactic quadrant where current hachi and co are so IMO if we consider the S8 universe is same as ours then probably there are also a total of 1 trillion galaxies and in each quadrant there are around 250 billion galaxies. So i think when Ata said they are going to wipe out the galaxy with mandala box it may actually mean it will wipe out the entire universe.

Battler356ushiromiya said:
The Samurai 8 universe is kinda like the dbz universe . In Dbz universe their are 4 quadrants known as North, south, west and east galaxy which each contains billions of galaxies.
You do know that cosmology totally isn't canon to Dragon Ball, right?

The quadrants in s8 are also just the quadrants of one galaxy. Unless kishimoto pulls some weird "all the other galaxies have been destroyed" then it's nothing like dbz's cosmology

Nelliels said:
The quadrants in s8 are also just the quadrants of one galaxy. Unless kishimoto pulls some weird "all the other galaxies have been destroyed" then it's nothing like dbz's cosmology
Thats your interpretation and i have my own interpretation tho we'll see and get confirmed in future my point of telling is that in ch 17 first page we saw the ball galaxy and the stars being ball shaped and in that chapter it was also again said that according to ball galactic quadrant federation that you will be kept here for 72 hours to daruma. That entire galaxy was shown to be of ball shaped stars and in Cube galactic quadrant as much as we've seen it only contains cube like stars and planets.

Or maybe we jsut stop using our own interpretation because it's very likely that it's the same as our universe with jsut differences like names and shapes

Back