• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 Discussion thread 6: Daruma's rival from chapter 1

SogiitaVii said:
@Rocker1189

I think we should add the' Angular Warheads in both Ata and Benkei's page.' Something like this:

'Ata - Attack Potency: 'Multi Planet to possibly (Multi) Star level with Angular Warheads (nuked into oblivion 3 planets. Basing on Ichigo, who has future sight, the Angular Warhead's power is like the explosion of a dying star).

Benkei - Attack Potency: Planet to possibly Star Level with Angular Warhead.

And of course the Heat Resistance.
Agree with all this.

Wow amazing chapter guys. Can't wait to see what Hachi has uncovered. High level reality warping incoming and damn that planet is Fudo's locker ball!!!!!!

dont know about high level reality warping (or reality warping at all).

Yeah Fudo's previous body was a planet sized locker ball it seems. Which is also the mandala box, I assume that Kala's plan is to take over the body as his own.

That reminds me where exactly is kala now? Shouldn't he be with ata and co while opening mandala box....... Seems like he's planning something even bigger. Daruma is such a fool lol 😂😂😂 . Mandala box is just fudo's locker ball meaning his actual body is bigger than that planet

Unless she is tied up elsewhere Yasha should be fighting Kala right now. somewhere in the galaxy. Dont think he is at the box though.

Good chapter, Nanashi is cool and has a super stealth ability with the incarnate body.

And Nanashi's relationship with Hachimaru is very nice.

Ann's attempt to fight Ata was cute lol.

Hachimaru is growing in likeability every chapter.

Kala is as enigmatic as always.

And well I am looking forward to the next chapter hopefully we get an update on Daruma and Hanaichi.

Why does it feel as if Kishi really plans to end this within 10 volumes? Personally I would like to see atleast 20 volumes. Lets see how it goes. The pacing really seems fast.

Ann was a highlight, I can agree with that. That said, I wasn't really feeling the chapter tbh, neither was I particularly feeling the previous one.

I'm not trying to rip on the series, but I've been having some issues. Firstly the major fights since Ata's initial appearance (not counting that fight) have fallen somewhat flat to me, they introduce some skill that's interesting like the soroken or the other schools, but there hasn't been any been any clever or outstanding applications I feel. I for real think Hachi's spars with Ryu are far more interesting than the giant mecha brawls that we've been subject to so far, giant mechas are cool don't get me wrong but Hachi cutting off his own arm to extend his reach and cutting off his own head to avoid a loss just seem better to me.

Second issue I've had is the pacing. It's far too rapid for my taste, I feel like we've barely seen anything about the galaxy but we've already come across what's basically god and now we've found one of the boxes (plus I really think Daruma's true body reveal shouldn't have been as early as it was).

TLDR; I think the fights work better on a smaller scale, I think the escalation and pacing is far too rapid. This doesn't mean I only see negatives tho, I really enjoy the exposition and mechanics of the verse, the whole h-particle stuff I find fascinating, they whole cyborg samurai stuff is also pretty class (I think it's one of the more creative power systems), I've ended up liking Ann and Hachi's somewhat dysfunctional and untested relationship more than I expected I would, plus a good number of other stuff I enjoy. But like I said there's also stuff that's bothering me about it all

All fair points and I agree with most of it.

Assuming that Kishi had quite a bit planned what happens after this could be the story really opening up and allowing for longer fights with more clever thinking required. At least I hope so. Problem is that Hachi is far too weak to have a prolonged battle against anyone of note which is what I hope the possible power-up would be useful for storywise.

Also everyone is using their abilities to straight up oneshot opponents without a chance to comeback which is the logical thing to do but deprives us from the usual shounen fights.

Same sort of reasoning for the rapid pace.

Davidsteel1 said:
Ann was a highlight, I can agree with that. That said, I wasn't really feeling the chapter tbh, neither was I particularly feeling the previous one.

I'm not trying to rip on the series, but I've been having some issues. Firstly the major fights since Ata's initial appearance (not counting that fight) have fallen somewhat flat to me, they introduce some skill that's interesting like the soroken or the other schools, but there hasn't been any been any clever or outstanding applications I feel. I for real think Hachi's spars with Ryu are far more interesting than the giant mecha brawls that we've been subject to so far, giant mechas are cool don't get me wrong but Hachi cutting off his own arm to extend his reach and cutting off his own head to avoid a loss just seem better to me.

Second issue I've had is the pacing. It's far too rapid for my taste, I feel like we've barely seen anything about the galaxy but we've already come across what's basically god and now we've found one of the boxes (plus I really think Daruma's true body reveal shouldn't have been as early as it was).

TLDR; I think the fights work better on a smaller scale, I think the escalation and pacing is far too rapid. This doesn't mean I only see negatives tho, I really enjoy the exposition and mechanics of the verse, the whole h-particle stuff I find fascinating, they whole cyborg samurai stuff is also pretty class (I think it's one of the more creative power systems), I've ended up liking Ann and Hachi's somewhat dysfunctional and untested relationship more than I expected I would, plus a good number of other stuff I enjoy. But like I said there's also stuff that's bothering me about it all
I absolutely agree with you in all cases,thats why u think kishi definitely intends to end this within 100 chapters,unless he decides to bring in thw otutsuki type of stuffs here

Why wouldn't he? Why did he cause the universe to form in the first place? The answer to all those questions is, we don't know.

Damn fudo's h particles were so impressive where as his locker ball is so disappointing, it should also have very powerful abilities to it nor any big feats like his h particles which formed the universe and is one with the universe

Battler356ushiromiya said:
I mean it's just a planet, when his h particles is basically thr universe
A planet sized body is still immensely impressive, its not like its his real body lol.

A planet sized body is still immensely impressive, its not like its his real body lol.

Dude its not his body,rather just a body part and is bigger than that simply how samurais are bigger than their locker balls. What im saying is its not as impressive as his mere h particles which broke the balance of the universe and brought weight,gravity etc and created everything and ultimately became one with the universe.

His locker ball is fine,but isn't nearly as impressive as his h particles and his locker ball doesn't seem to have anything special rather than just a big planet

Battler356ushiromiya said:
Also wasn't something said that the boxes exist not just normally it's kinda in a superposition so how can it be a planet?
It was not stated, it was simply another theory. Then again Kala could be lying lol. We dont knoe much at all.

Dude its not his body,rather just a body part and is bigger than that simply how samurais are bigger than their locker balls. What im saying is its not as impressive as his mere h particles which broke the balance of the universe and brought weight,gravity etc and created everything and ultimately became one with the universe.

His locker ball is fine,but isn't nearly as impressive as his h particles and his locker ball doesn't seem to have anything special rather than just a big planet

Am I missing something here or wasn't the planet stated to be Mandala box and would eventually be the one responsible for the destruction of the Galaxy when opened with keys?

BTW since hachi with his stats amped by ann were within 100 except for gravity and yet he managed to perform a 5A feat, where as human daruma being less than half his powers had his stats above 1000 so won't that make alone Base Human Daruma far beyond 5A!?

Hachimaru really seems unable to die right now. Killing him does not meaning anything as becomes information and can come back. Though coming back does not seem particularly simple so far he had to enter his brothers' bodies. He now scales just below Ata now though. Even manage to predict and block a silent slash. He would probably get a couple of keys from this, one for his brother's body and one for his information self.

And yeah seems like it really might end quickly.

Back