• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakura Haruno vs Yang Xiao Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
it serves as an argument well. you are bringing out the times when she was protected, while ignoring the times when she moved on her own. you cant do that - that is rude.

what happened, did happen. How things are perceived by individuals is subjective.

i stand by my words, bcs of the points mentioned.

Ragazz said:
it serves as an argument well. you are bringing out the times when she was protected, while ignoring the times when she moved on her own. you cant do that - that is rude.
Those do not matter. The whole point of my argument is the fact that Sakura isn't a master evader like you're trying to sell her as. If she needs Chiyo to do most of the dodging, even though she does some of the dodging herself, that doesn't mean that she's highly skilled in evading and Yang can't tag her. By that logic I could screenshot every single time Yang dodged an attack and say that Sakura ain't touching her.

i never said shes master evader or that yang cant tag her. my point is that its enough to give yang problems.

Yang needed help of her teanmates just to reach the robot in season two. She isn't fast enought to punch Sakura.

Even in season one we see the diference between speeds. Weiss casually blitzed her in the forest arc, appearing as a blur to her when she run to saved his sister, Ruby, another fast character.

Beside if Yang is already bloodlust, that means she has her semblance already active, hence she cannot "benefice" -even thought I don't think she cant survive a punch of Sakura. In RWBY there has not been someone yet with that kind of power in one punch - from Sakura punches. And is cannon that Yang is not an thinker, she just go straight foward.

Sakura wins this.

No, she needed help to punch it harder. Besides, Yang is Mach 352, so you will have to give me a calc that goes into the quadruple digits if you think that Sakura is so fast that she would be completely untouchable

No dude(Kaltias), she is listed as Hypersonic, while Sakura is Massively Hypersonic. That doesnt change the fact that Weiss is able to blitz her.

But they already said speed is equalized, so that doesn't matter.

Either way, there's the problem with her semblance. If Yang is already Bloodlust, her semblance is activated, she cannot longer absorb the power of Sakura punches to use, that's when her eyes turn red. We have seen that Yang has activated her semblance whitout being completely charged, example again in the forest arc when the grimm bear damaged her hair.

Further yet, we haven't see her use her semblance twice or multiple times in a row, for the ones who are gonna argue that she can start over so she's fully charged. Again, forest arc, she used it on the grimm, but no with a greater threat like the nevermore.

My point still goes for Sakura, because of versatility and Regenerationn.

@Ayrandros Yang is listed as Massively Hypersonic

Yang's Semblance isnt activated by rage, its activated by taking hits from her opponents and turning that damage into extra power

Yang has MHS combat and reaction speed. And the fact that Weiss can blitz her doesn't make her slower.

And against the Paladin, she used it and she built it up over time.

Anyway, I vote Yang for the first round for Pepper's reasonig and inconclusive for the second one because I don't know who is more likely to outlast the other one

Her semblance does activates by rage, you have seen the series. It's part of Yang character. While she can charge it, she can also decide when to activate it without being fully charged. When her hair starts to glow, is when she is charging, when she's on fire and her eyes are red, is when her semblance is activated, and we have seen her activated before time, in the trailer, in the forest, in the school against the dude with the big sword - I can't remember his name sorry-, so yeah, don't say things like that because it's cannon after all.

Moving on to CQC, I still go with Sakura because she can analyze patterns and study the oponent.

Don't even know why Round 2 is inconclusive. Yang can't do anything to Sakura and Sakura has much better stamina. She healed tens of thousands of shinobi simultaneously and still went ahead to fight the Juubi spawns and helped out at certain points of the fights against Madara and Kaguya. Don't forget she was the one amping Obito as he was using Kamui to travel through Kaguya's dimensions. Something RSM Naruto's clone couldn't apparently do. Meanwhile, Tsunade went into a coma from healing the citizens of Konoha (not even everyone) and she has better stamina feats than Yang.

Also, Sakura did receive evasion training from Tsunade, but I can't remember where it was stated. It does make sense since medical nin are supposed to try and avoid injuries as much as possible and were trained in that manner. Also:

'Plus Sakura, unless in 100 healings jutsu, can't heal, she has to weave signs, something she cant do in the middle of close up boxing.'

Yes, she can't. But she can create space between them and do so, obviously. If Kakashi and Gai are fighting in close combat, Kakashi will ultimately get overwhelmed so he will know to backtrack and use ninjutsu. The same thing applies here, if Sakura gets injured, she can create space and heal herself. Using hand signs in mid combat is pretty much a standard thing in Naruto anyway. And the fight is taking place in the Konoha Hospital which she's extremely familiar with. She would be able to find a sufficient hiding place easily and even set up traps for Yang if needed and spring up surprise attacks. She can also throw smoke bombs and use that window to heal herself or attack Yang. So yes, the healing is a usable advantage for her. Meanwhile Yang has nothing like that. She does have a range advantage, but Sakura can use her familiarity of the hospital to her advantage and dodge her shells (I think that's what she uses?). And while it's true that Sakura has a limited stock of kunai and shuriken, it's not like Yang has unlimited ammunition too. Someone can correct me on this. The option of countering Yang's shells with explosive tags is also viable, at least for a limited amount of time and replacing herself with inanimate objects. And when Yang gets used to the sight of explosive tags exploding and Sakura runs out of them, she can attach a fake tag and catch her off guard. So, my vote still goes to Sakura for Round 1.

Sakura: 5 (Cropfist, Burning Full Fingers, Ragazz, X Heart of Steel X, Ayrandros)

Yang: 2 or 3 (Gojira1234, ScarletFirefly). Not sure if Weekly is voting.

Inconclusive: 1 (Kaltias).

I put his vote under inconclusive because he voted for Yang in Round 1 and Sakura in Round 2 so I'm not sure how to handle it.

Okay, here me out. For round 2, since Yang will get stronger for every hit she takes from Sakura, and lets just say she can tank a few of these...shouldn't Yang be able to punch Sakura to the point where he body would be in pieces? Sure, not slashed in two as with a sword. But enough to have her literally blown apart? Sakura can't regen from that.

Lol, no. Yang has surely used her semblance in canon, right? Is there any place she pummeled her opponent to that level? I bet she doesn't or hasn't done damage that requires Low-Mid Regenerationn to anyone, not to talk of exceeding it. No way she's blowing Sakura apart. Though I'm not sure, in the case of the former.

Also, doesn't Yang have one arm now?

By the way, can someone tell me what episode Ruby was kidnapped?

1. do we have an undisputable formula for yang's semblance.

2. if yang would receive hits that would enable to wreck sakura, yang would have been dead somewhere in the process.

3. with Regenerationn sakura can take hits even those that would kill her, since it not only regenerates but also keeps her alive unless ofc she or her head are pulverized entirely. yang cant say that about herself.

4. there is no reason why yang's gloves wouldnt break if yang tries to block.

5. sakura is more experienced. about 10-20 years of experience over yang (not sure when yang started training, but sakura did from around the age of 6.).

6. sakura has much more stamina, yang cannot outlast her.

all in all, even if yang was faster and stronger, sakura would still win.

1. Yang's Semblance is the ability to absorb energy from the damage she's taken, and redirect it twice as hard at her opponent, effectively making her stronger with each hit. This is canonically how her semblance works.

2. How so?

3. And what's stoping Yang from doing that? Especially in Round 2...

4. Why's that? They can survive the force of Yang's MCB level punches with no damage whatsoever.

5. Yang went to school for combat starting at least in High School, so she's got a bare minimum of 5 years of formal training, though she very likely has several more years worth of training from Tai. And no, Sakura does not have 20 years more experience, the version of Sakura being used here is only 17.

6. Both are listed as having "High" Stamina so...

1. i know how it works. i believe hit twice as hard was something her dad said and it sounds like a metaphor, but whatever.

2. yang's aura was depleted by way lighter blows.

3. by yang being not strong enough and also by sakura surviving fatal blows.

4. i would say something, but i'd probably get insta-ban for disagreeing with some things, so ok.

5. yes

6. one of the reasons why this wiki is misleading. anyway, i was talking about chakra reserves, which are way higher than yang's aura.

@Weekly

To be fair there isn't really a stamina tiering system, so both could have "High" stamina without necessarily being comparable.

@Ragazz

1 it's an MCB punch which receives a MCB boost. So yeah, it's twice as hard

2 she took hits from MCB characters on the regular, so she can take Sakura's attacks

6 if you don't agree with the ratings you can make a CRT

You guys still don't understand do you?

Do you realize what's a visual cue right? Monty - creator or RBWY- couldn't have been more clear about how Yang's semblance works.

-Yellow glowing hair: She is currently gathering the energy that she gets from enemy hits.

-Hair in flames, Red Eyes: Semblance fully activated, using the energy gathered until that moment to fight. NO LONGER CHARGING.

IN RWBY there is not -yet - a semblance that is an actual pasive, like you're all pretendig Yang's is. Everyone can active their semblance whenever they want, why Yang's would be any difference?, beats me, no one has counter this point, beacuse it's cannon.

While both have their temper, we have seen that Yang is more reckless than Sakura and more impulsive -specially when her hair is involved. So in a fight where they are both bloodlust, you can bet that Yang - who is not analitic in any way - start with his semblance activated even if it's not charged.

So in the second scenario, Yang it's not going to benefit from Sakura punches, because she is gonna go all in.

In the stamina scenario, I seriously doubt Yang has the same stamina as someone who healed an army, then by her own words was running out of chakra while healing Naruto and then freely started using Byakugo.

So, Qrow doesn't have a semblance? Also, bloodlusted=/=berserker. If a character is bloodlusted, it will do everything that it can do in order to win. Doesn't mean that it will fight poorly.

We have seen more than one time Yang giving up to his anger and activated his semblance without being fully charged and not bloodlusted, so. My point remains.

That's all your honor.

Ugh, no. Yang cannot get past Sakura's Regenerationn. She has no feats suggesting she can do so - with or without her semblance - because if she did, people would have mentioned it already. It's like me going to the Natsu vs Ruby thread and saying 'You know what, guys? Natsu's strength and the temperature of his flames increase with his emotions so he's going to get stronger than Ruby and either punch her head off, pulverize her, take off her limbs or vaporize her. Yeah, going with Natsu here.' despite him having no such feats except in his strongest version where he vaporized Zeref. Or going to a random Lee/Gai thread where they're up against some random character with Low-Mid Regenerationn and saying 'Hmm. It's true that X's Regenerationn is a problem but this is Gai with the fourth gate. He can further amplify his strength and speed by going up to the seventh gate and then proceed to punch X's head off or pulverize him completely. Yeah, going with the nutcase.' when he clearly doesn't have any feats suggesting so. Yet, another example is saying that for a One Piece character because they can amplify themselves with Haki. 'Lol, Low-Mid Regenerationn doesn't matter. While it's true that Sakura is on the same level with Sanji, he can exponentially boost his strength with haki and proceed to kick her head off. Yeah, going with Sanji-swan~.' So without any proper feats suggesting so, Yang is not punching Sakura's head off or anything like that. I'm willing to change my stance if sufficient evidence is provided though.

Also, yes just because both have High stamina doesn't mean it's necessarily the same. I can easily create a character profile and dump 'Extremely High' there but it doesn't mean the character has higher stamina than someone else with 'High'. In this case, Sakura has much better stamina so what's on their profiles concerning that doesn't matter.

I mean, Yang has obliterated MCB mechas when her Semblance was active, so it's not really too much of a stretch to say that she could do it to Sakura's head. But the fact that she HAS to go for the head is still an advantage for Sakura.

Yes, she has done that to mechas but it doesn't mean she can do that to humans. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Fairy Tail but for example, Erza did bad things to those monsters that were giving her trouble during the GMG but she never did similar damage to her human opponents. There are numerous other examples for this. Like the Hollows from Bleach. The fact that Yang has used her semblance in canon and has not caused that kind of damage supports my point. Yang punching Ruby's head off, anybody? I don't believe it's possible.

Yang has never tried to kill any human in canon (well maybe except Adam).

And I really don't see why shattering a human should be more difficult than shattering an equally durable robot. Can't speak for Fairy Tail or Bleach because I know next to nothing about the former and nothing about the latter

Okay, but she has been pissed off, hasn't she? Even if that's not the same as being bloodlusted, she must have caused some kind of significant damage to her opponents. What's the highest she has done? I haven't gotten far into RWBY, but I heard Neo stomped her or something. What about Adam?

Also, users of the chakra enhanced strength that Sakura and Tsunade use are said to be able to rupture organs or kill with one strike. Since this is Byakugō Sakura, it should be enhanced to a very high degree. Tsunade destroyed Madara's Susanoo's ribs so logically, Sakura who surpassed Tsunade would be able to do something similar. And she can also spread chakra throughout her body to increase her durability.

Basically, what I'm saying is that in fiction, it's seemingly easier to cause extreme manners of damage to monsters and things like mecha than it is to humans. There are many examples of this. Sakura also did destroy something like the mecha in RWBY (and it actually looked bigger) during the Chünin Exams but I'm not going to say she's going to destroy Yang or anyone on her level the same way since she didn't do anything like that.

@Ragazz

Are you talking about the same paladin that could take hits from the entire team RWBY? Attack potency is a thing you know

@BFF

It's called violence censor. If a robot is with equal durability with a human and she can shatter the robot, there's absolutely no reason why the human wouldn't be killed by the same attack.

@Kaltias exactly, nothing suggests that they deal MCB damage. also gun shells do same damage, no matter who is wielding the gun.

if goku takes a pistol and shoots vegeta, its not gonna cause universal damage or whatever.

Yeah, okay. There are way too much examples and occurrences of something like that happening though, even in manga like Bleach that doesn't censor stuff like say, RWBY does.

Also, what's all this 60kg stuff? Yang is MCB level, simple. Sakura will be downgraded anyway.

Burning Full Fingers said:
even in manga like Bleach that doesn't censor stuff like say, RWBY does.
That's because RWBY is an american show. They have different laws for it in case you weren't aware.

And even if there are many occurrences, it doesn't disprove this. If they censor violence in one, they will censor in another.

Also I'm very tempted to close this thread because it has gone on for far too long with 3 people going back and forth and no new input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back