• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakura Haruno vs Yang Xiao Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
@Barry Yes it does, it happened before in the fight between Yang and Mercury, as well as when Weiss and Yang fought Flynt and Neon, where Weiss didnt recieve any major damage until her aura was depleted by pushing Flynt into a jet of fire, causing her to recieve some burns. And yes Ruby had one because her aura was depleted, hence why Qrow was trying to keep her out of the fight.
Alright, well Like I said above, I concede that Argument about Aura. Sakura would still win, she'd just have to wear Yang down first. With superior versatility (Substitution, Smoke Bombs, Explosive tags, Kunai and Shuriken, Ranged Punches, Bunshins) and superior tactical knowledge and experience, I'd have to give this to Sakura.

• She has area advantage (Both Rounds)
  • Experience advantage
  • High-Low/Low-Mid Automatic Regen factor
  • Versatility advantage.
Yang is hot headed and too rash. She'd likely fall victim to feints and deceptions. Any Damage Yang could possibly inflict would be rendered Void by Substitution or Healed by 100 healings whereas, Yang herself still takes the full damage of attacks and no way to sustain her Semblance for sutained periods of time. With Sakura's Chakra Control skill being so high, she's likely to outlast Yang in Stamina department.

Round 1 - Sakura via versatility

Round 2 - Sakura via superior skill and AP. She should be able to take Yang down before her semblance turns the tide, and I can't imagine Yang going for ranged attacks right off the bat.

I assumed that her MCB rating was due to her striking strength. If that's not the case, then I apologize for my mistake, though my vote still goes to Sakura

really?? no assumption sakura's head cant be stomped off by yang??? sakura gets wounds from all kind of things IF she is hit she can just regenerate them however

WeeklyBattles said:
@Laughing Sakura doesnt have a calc to back her AP so how do you know for certain she has higher AP?
yang doesnt have a calc to back her ap.

well she actually has, but it doesnt back her ap. (VBW ap, that is).

Somebody close this thread. It's not that i'm against it, but it had been for so long to the extent that noone seems to have conclusion to it.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Ragazz Yang has 2 calcs to back her AP...
i have a feeling that both of those dont rly have much to do with yang. (logically). yes, im aware that yang is MCB(+) on this wiki, you dont need to tell me that

I think Yang takes both rounds. The second round being much, much harder. My reasoning being that, although Sakura does have the terrain advantage (though I think it should be taking place at a location that is neutral to the fighters) it won't factor THAT much in the fight. Yang has the advantage in H2H combat, and I believe that eventually Yang's semblance will eventually overtake Sakura's ability to heal, with a punch to the head being extremely lethal. While yes Sakura is very versatile, she doesn't have the tools to get all the way through Yang's aura AND kill Yang without getting in close, which is exactly what Yang wants.

I would give this to Sakura both rounds. She has more than enough abilities that would overpower Yang: clones, substitutions, possible genjustsu (I dont think she used them in the anime/manga but has in games), healing jutsu, acess to poisons and has more range. Bullets shouldn't be an issue his she can dodge weapons that are on par with them. Id say the only she has to worry about would be Semblanced Empowered Yang but Sakura would read the situation and outplay her via tactics.

Yang has the advantage in H2H combat - i dont exactly see why.

we should not forget that when yang's semblance comes into play, she will already be low on aura from the damage, while sakura is able to heal herself even without using hands - that time when sasori run her through.

tthere is also that she can make an opportunity herself to back away and heal - she has explosives, smoke bombs, sleep bombs, substitution and intellect...

not to mention that she can set up traps, especially given the battlefields. A surprise attack is almost guaranteed.

so when yang will have her semblance working, it will be something like this (fighting game-wise).

yang will have more attack damage (according to this wiki), while sakura will have ~3 or 4 times more health at that moment. so in conclusion, even if yang technically has more attack damage, sakura's hits will still be more dangerous for yang than the other way around.

^If you don't like something, speak up and don't be passive agressive. This is the third time you've said "according to this wiki".

Also Yang for reasons above.

Ragazz said:
Yang has the advantage in H2H combat - i dont exactly see why.
we should not forget that when yang's semblance comes into play, she will already be low on aura from the damage, while sakura is able to heal herself even without using hands - that time when sasori run her through.

tthere is also that she can make an opportunity herself to back away and heal - she has explosives, smoke bombs, sleep bombs, substitution and intellect...

not to mention that she can set up traps, especially given the battlefields. A surprise attack is almost guaranteed.

so when yang will have her semblance working, it will be something like this (fighting game-wise).

yang will have more attack damage (according to this wiki), while sakura will have ~3 or 4 times more health at that moment. so in conclusion, even if yang technically has more attack damage, sakura's hits will still be more dangerous for yang than the other way around.
1.) Please, explain how she has the h2h advantage.

2.)I picked apart Yangs Semblace being a problem.

Morlock435 said:
I think Yang takes both rounds. The second round being much, much harder. My reasoning being that, although Sakura does have the terrain advantage (though I think it should be taking place at a location that is neutral to the fighters) it won't factor THAT much in the fight. Yang has the advantage in H2H combat, and I believe that eventually Yang's semblance will eventually overtake Sakura's ability to heal, with a punch to the head being extremely lethal. While yes Sakura is very versatile, she doesn't have the tools to get all the way through Yang's aura AND kill Yang without getting in close, which is exactly what Yang wants.
1.)How exactly isn't the terrain a major factor? Please explain this logic.

2.)Explain how Yang has the advantage in h2h as well.

3.)Yangs Semblance is moot against Sakura's superior tacticle thinking and versatility.

4.)Yangs Aura doesn't negate the damage she takes, it only provides a minor buffer and it's gonna wear down eventually, especially considering Yangs fighting style. And you still have to prove she's better in h2h combat. I'm inclined to say Sakura still taps her ass in h2h.

Yeah Yang wins this.

Sakura is inferior in combat compared Yang considering she's a medical ninja. Her main specialty is healing, her secondary is fighting. Therefore her actual combat experience is a lot lower than Yang's who punches and fights stuff on a daily basis.

Her normal healing takes time to perform and is not ideal on a battlefield situation. Considering Yang's personality, she's not gonna let up on Sakura giving her no chance to heal herself.

Also considering Sakura's scarce combat experience she's neither shown, nor should she be highly skilled in traps and stuff.

Also for the people that are saying Sakura is a better strategist...yeah no. She's a brute and a brawler just like Yang. She's book smart sure, but as far as combat smarts go, she's not impressive at all.

Barry, i do not understand you, and i think you did not understand me.

Boome, if i'll speak up, i will get a ban. and according to this wiki is fine, since that is the truth, since even if i disagree, i still play by the stats this wiki gives. if i can bear with this, then please bear with me as well.

1. Following the standard battle assumptions the two fighters know where eachother start and they would start at most, dozens of meters apart (their in common maximum range). So it's not like Yang is walking blind in a building where Sakura can be anywhere since Yang knows where she is at the beginning. Although I would then say, if this terrain is such a big deal then why is the battle not taking place at a neutral location?

2. Yang specializes in hand to hand. That IS her fighting style, she has trained in that throughout all her training, being skilled in something and specializing in it are 2 different things.

3. Yang's semblance being moot against Sakura implies that Yang will not land a hit on her, which is in my opinion absurd. A semblance fueled Yang hit to the head and Sakura is not regenerating, which is likely given round 2 is bloodlusted.

4. Yes Aura does negate the damage they take, although they feel pain, no actual harm can come to their body if their aura is up, only once their aura is down can RWBY characters take wounds like a normal combatant.

Edit: spelling

@Morlock

1.)The starting Distance and Knowlege of location isn't a problem. The Reason Sakura has the Terrain Advantage is because of substitution Jutsu. Ninja can substitue their bodies with virtually anything, not just wood as showed by Kakashi and implied by Kishimoto in Road to Ninja.

2.)My dude, Sakura specializes in h2h combat the same as Yang, plus she has many more years of expierence. I don't understand what bought you to the conclusion that Sakura only Yang specializes in it.

3.)Again, this is where Skill comes into play, and no, Yang will likely be dead before she gets to her maximum. Even if not, with Substitution, Yang wont be touching Sakura. She'll just waste her Stamina and Aura and strength while getting knocked around. I love how you imply Yang could even get a direct hit to the jugular against Sakura. Unless he just stand there and allows her, then, uh...not happening.

4.)Aura doesn't negate damage if they're still feeling pain, and I'm not taking about External Damge. And this is taken right off of Yangs page:

"After a sparring match with his daughter in "Two Steps Forward, Two Steps Back", Taiyang states that the amount of energy Yang's Semblance grants her is equal to twice the strength she is hit with. However, she does still take the full force the attack..."

Yang has to take the Damage to give it back Twice Fold, the more damage she takes, the less her Aura will help defend her...Sakura is literally the worst opponent for her given Ninja training and Tactics. Sakura can deal damage, wear down Yangs aura protection, heal almost all damage Yang would logically inflict (You can't assume Yang will just punch her in the head and GG, Sakura is too skilled to get punched in the face by the likes of Yang), escape all serious damage easily with Substitution, outsmart and outlast Yang.

Yang has no experience in fighting Ninja like beings and tactics. By time she maxes out her semblace, her Aura protection would not save her from even a Kunai to the back or Chakra scaple. There is no logical way for Yang to win. Please consider all factors before stating she just wins.

Edit: And Note, I'm not seeing arguments from people who are considering all of the factors.

Sakura specializes in h2h. That's a secondary skillset of hers.

Her "years of experience" are healing sick people and occassionally fighting.

"Yang has no experience in fighting Ninja like beings and tactics." Sakura is not a "ninja like being" for crying out loud. She's straightforward and a brawler. If you think Sakura is some kind of highly trained ninja assassin, you're sorely mistaken. When she was receiving her ninja training she was a wimp and useless in combat. The only other time she received combat training is with Tsunade, and she trained solely on chakra control, healing and fighting with fists, nothing else.

Also again with the Substitution. Sakura has not used a Sub since god knows when, it's not like her to use it anytime soon.

Also I like how you automatically assume Sakura can use Chakra Scalpels just because she's a medical ninja.

ScarletFirefly said:
Sakura specializes in h2h. That's a secondary skillset of hers.
Her "years of experience" are healing sick people and occassionally fighting.

"Yang has no experience in fighting Ninja like beings and tactics." Sakura is not a "ninja like being" for crying out loud. She's straightforward and a brawler. If you think Sakura is some kind of highly trained ninja assassin, you're sorely mistaken. When she was receiving her ninja training she was a wimp and useless in combat. The only other time she received combat training is with Tsunade, and she trained solely on chakra control, healing and fighting with fists, nothing else.

Also again with the Substitution. Sakura has not used a Sub since god knows when, it's not like her to use it anytime soon.

Also I like how you automatically assume Sakura can use Chakra Scalpels just because she's a medical ninja.
i totally agree with this exept with the substitution technique its basic and there would be no reason to assume sakura wouldnt use it she just didnt use it much also chackra scalpels are the basics of a medical genin ;) but there is no reason to assume she would use it offensively

@Scarlet

That's a secondary skillset of hers.

She excells in both healing and h2h combat. Like seriously, this is a major part of Tsunade's training (Who she has surpassed). That's the reason for learning 100 HS. And Sakura is a Jonin mind you.

Sakura is not a "ninja like being" for crying out loud. She's straightforward and a brawler. If you think Sakura is some kind of highly trained ninja assassin, you're sorely mistaken. When she was receiving her ninja training she was a wimp and useless in combat. The only other time she received combat training is with Tsunade, and she trained solely on chakra control, healing and fighting with fists, nothing else.

Sakura is a Ninja with Ninja skills and tactics, they are taught how to assassinate in the Academy. If you've read Naruto or remember any part of it, you'd know your first statement in this post is plain false. Yes, she's a Brawler because her Taijutsu is h2h, doesn't mean she hs no ninja skills or tactics, remember, Sakura is a book worm nd has feats showing her being a Ninja Like being, so....try again.

During her the beginning of her NT with Tsunade, yes, she was rather useless. But then She mastered Tsusade's Training, Supassed even shizune and Tsusade (One of which was a Sannin and not just in medicine).

Kunai and Shuriken training starts in the academy days, reread the series please and correct your misinformation. And Tsunade is a sannin trined by the third who in term was trained by the first and second. Taijutsu is Unique to every individual yes, but the fact is Sakura trained with Tsunade for 2 - 3 years with an emphasis on h2h comabt, chakra control and healing on top of actual real world experience. Yang is still in school, she doesn't have half of the experience Sakura does.

Also again with the Substitution. Sakura has not used a Sub since god knows when, it's not like her to use it anytime soo

Sakura has the jutsu and has used it (Spammed it) in dire situations. It's baseless for you to say she won't use it, that's just asinine tbh. How about you state Yangs response to the jutsu rather than trying to argue whether or not Sakura wont use it on baseless grounds. Highly doubt you can because Yang has none.

Also I like how you automatically assume Sakura can use Chakra Scalpels just because she's a medical ninja

Nope. Sakura is Not only one of the worlds greatest Medic ninja but is also Tsunade's top Student. So it's not baseless to assume she knnows the technique. Well, that and she is shown using it to save naruto so...

Like seriously...get your information straight please and don't post half truths.

By the way, just so you know where Sakura's Experience stands, She has completed 12 D-Rank Missions, 9 C-Rank Missions, 6 B-Rank Missions, 7 A-Rank Missions:

• D-Rank Missions: "Deal with tasks as simple as finding missing pets and weeding a Garden."
  • C-Rank Missions: "Assignments include bodyguard duty and hunting wild animals"
  • B-Rank Missions: "Assignments can involve spying or assassinations, and ninja are expected to go up against enemy ninja during the course of the mission."
  • A-Rank Missions: "These missions relate to what is in a village or country's personal interests and are extremely difficult or dangerous to complete"
  • Experience in fighting Akatsuki (S-Rank Ninja)
  • Experience in fighting in a World War.
^All from 12 - 17 years of age. This isn't counting The two years of unknown Ninja Work and up to the last and subsequently after

She's getting the Neo treatment here again.

@BarryAllen2.0

Her combat experience is not good. Yes she fought against Sasori, but she would've been dead the second she entered that cave if it weren't for Chiyo because she couldn't even dodge those damn needles of his and 90% of the time she was supported by her threads.

And yes she participated in the Ninja War. Doing what exactly may I ask? Healing people and killing fodder Zetsu's that's what. Oh and that thing with Madara, everyone knows how that turned out.

Also assuming she can use her Chakra Scalpels for offensive purposes is illogical. She has never shown such a thing and assumming will get you nowhere.

Please point me to the chapter where Sakura "spams" her substitution technique, I'd be very interested in that one.

Also those missions are unknown what they entail so you're again assuming and seeing what you want.

@Boomerang

1.)Chiyo being there in the fight and helping doesn't take away from the learning experience. Say Sakura were to figh Sasori again at current, She'd make her actions in that fight look like childs play.

2.)The Zetsu were Chunin/Jonin Level. I don't have to go any further if you've read Naruto and understand what that means. Sufficet to say, they aren't "Fodder".

3.)How is it Illogical when they stated to able to be used for Offense as well and shown doing so? Sakura has High Tier Chakra Control and as much if not more Medical Knowledge than Kabuto. it's not an assumption of whether or not she can.

4.)Chapter 54 and note, it's a E-Rank Jutsu taught at the academy. Mad Basic.

5.)I'm not assuming anything. I simply posted what the the Mission Rank usually involve. You guys are the ones grasping for straws seeing what you want and denying the facts.

The Bottom Line is this, for Yang to Win, she has to land a Killing Blow on Sakura before her Stamina and Aura drop too low. The reason this won't happen is because of Sakura's Skill and Versatility. Any Damage Yang can deal that isn't a killing Blow will be healed due to 100 HS.

There is no logical conclusion for Yang winning so long as she isn't superior in Skill and Sakura has Substitution Jutsu and Healing. I'm seriously trying to wrap my head around how you guys seriously think Yang takes this? It's not logical. Your personal preferences shouldn't negate the facts.

Yangs only advantage (Her Semblance) in this fight is rendered usless by Sakura's technique pool. Her Aura Protection won't protect her for long and she still takes damage despite that. Sakura has tactics and abilities at her disposal that Yang has no experience in fighting. Any non-leathal damage she inflicts will be healed by Sakura's automatic healing and the option of lethal damage is taken off the table again by Sakura's technique pool.

You can't win if you can't Kill/Blitz/Knock Out to which Yang can't do either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back