• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakura Haruno vs Yang Xiao Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they want to censor it, can't they just make Neo for example, say 'Damn it! She just destroyed my organs. I have to hightail it out of here.' No particular problem there and it would convey the point. 'Yang's punches can rupture organs'.

No problem on my part if the thread gets closed. Sakura is eventually getting downgraded, after all.

I see you're inexperienced with censor laws. Anyway, if a robot with equal durability to a human gets shattered, the human would get splattered as well. And that's the end of that.

Why is she getting downgraded?

@Ragazz

The gun shells are MCB because they can damage MCB characters. And the mecha took direct strikes from all the team, and they are MCB physically.

@Scarlet

If you want to close it, that's fine for me

Mmkay.

Don't you know about the revisions? Some of the current stats are wrong and she's going to be Building level or Large Building level. It's already in Gwyn's blog. I mean the calc that places her at that level.

Actually, never mind. He hasn't calculated anything for White Strength Seal Sakura.

I would like take this thread as a compliment as there is a debate going back and forth about who wins round 2. But I think it's about time to just say your reasoning, vote, and be done. Lol

this is a close fight and i have watched both series

round 1: Id say Yang Via her semblance and aura also sakura healing cant be used in battle because she needs to concentrate on it (may i remind you sakura cant summon katsuyu) i doubt yang's hot headed nature would let her. Once yang was litteraly knocked through 3 walls the impact of the robot punch not included al it did was making her pissed off more so can she handle sakura's punches? yes likely also at a certain point sakura's chackra would run out while there is no limit to the increase of yang's semblance the location is a disadvantage for sakura as she wouldnt go full power with patients near her location (it has happened various times that she held back because of the location she was in)

Round 2: i dont know the forest would give sakura prep time and she is a better navigator as she has more experience fighting in the forest but would she know how to counter yang? with prep time and knowledge of each other sakura without prep time Yang

yangs advantage:

semblance trumps any of sakura's feats but takes time to charge

slight long range advantage (saying that kunai's can deflect ember celica bullets is the same as saying that it can deflect paper bombs wich it cant ,yangs bullets explode on contact

higher durabillity via semblance

hot headed nature doesnt give sakura time to heal

sakura's advantage:

smarter battle tactician (analyze's oponent)

no reason to assume she cant break ember celica

i know some of you are going through the fact that neo and adam defeated Yang but that had reasons 1 was plot armor 2 was neo used yang's weakness against her wich was her hot headed nature and kick's and Adams semblance: moonslice bypasses defence

So in summary Yang wins

Pepper14832 said:
Thank you for this input, this has cause a good discussion.
So shouldn't anyone close it? I mean i think Yang could win in the first round, but Sakura with the Byakugo No Jutsu, Sorry to say this but Yang would be ****** out of existence.

So, shouldn't it close as an inconclusive match?

When more people vote. I'll just count them. By the way. Are you voting Yang overall? Because then it;s tied 3 to 3

I'd have to go with Sakura.

• More versitile
  • More Skillful
Not to mention, with the Chakra Scaple Knife ability, Yangs Durability is moot. Yangs Bullets shouldn't be a problem, Sakura has held her own against Shin, who has projectiles which he can telekinetically control.

@Darafi

I read your argument and that's not applicable here. For starters, those with 100 HS don't need to focus to heal themselves, it's automatic. In addition to this, you say that Yang has the Range advntages, this is false considering Sakura has ninja tools, Shuriken and Kunai (And note, she doesn't have to try and deflect EC's bullets when Yang herself is an open target. Once Sakura see's that the bullets explode on contact, you can kiss her getting tagged by them away, Sakura can dodge or pre-detonate then with her Kunai/Shuriken, or simply with her Long Range Punches).

If Yang want's to win, she'd have to get in close and Take Sakura out in h2h, which isn't gonna happen being Sakura is more skilled. You seem to think that Yangs Semblance is the be all end all in this fight, it's actually a minor problem for Sakura. the more Damage she takes the more her stats get boosted, fine, don't mean she isn't taking damage still nor is her stamina not being sapped. This isn't something Sakura or any Chunin Level Ninja wouldn't notice to be honest. One Yang starts to power up, Sakura will start puting two and two together. Sakura doesn't have to fight a prolonged battle to win. This is where her versatility comes in. Sakura at the very least has Bunshin's (Was what they needed to use to graduate the academy), Substitution (Which Sakura Spammed in Chunin Exams) and Chakra Scaple.

What's stopping Sakura from using a Smoke Bomb + Bunshin combo as a diversion to sneak up using the Chakra Scaple and severing Yangs Spine? Yang has no showings and thus experience in fighting such methods nor does she have any real sensing abilities.

Yang has no real advatages in this fight. Her only trump card is situation at best against Sakura and relies on the notion that Sakura wouldn't notice until it's too late and that Sakura has no answer to Yangs Semblance and EC's Bullets. That's just False. The only way I can think of Yang winning is if Sakura doesn't think!

WeeklyBattles said:
@Barry Would chakra scalpels bypass Aura?
I don't remember their aura acting as shield against Piercing/Cutting Attacks. IIRC, it's only provided them with a slight buffer against blunt attacks. It's nothing like, say, Chakra Cloaks from NV.

I want to retract my previous statement, I just went back to reread and watch some things. To be honest, it depends on the user. I don't recall Yang using Aura like how Ren did, and we can't attribute his skills with it to her, or anyone else for that matter save for maybe Nora given their history. Even then, it seems like Yang would have to actively Block Sakura's Chakra Scaple with it to which my diversion argument still works, but if Yang is trying to block them, she can't really attack meaning Sakura would control the flow of the fight.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Barry Almost every weapon in RWBY is some form of bladed weapon and Aura blocks it just fine
Fc50c841a6a2c5169001b502c3be671e9006e5e9 hq
It's something that has to actively be used and even then, Skill is required. IIRC but no-one has of yet outright no sold a direct hit from a bladed weapon like RWBY's scythe for example with it.

Aura is a passive barrier, it doesnt have to be activated. And in the scene where Yang lost her arm not only was her aura mostly depleted from fighting Mercury, but Adam's attacks were enhanced by absorbing damage from Blake's bullets. Same with the Qrow vs Tyrian fight, Qrow's aura was depleted, which is how Tyrian was able to damage him like that. Only certain characters have shown the ability to create forcefields like that, its a completely different ability from standard aura.

Pyrrha vs CRDL is a good example of aura blocking cutting/piercing attacks.

Actually its not just Ren that has these enhanced senses. Pyrrha tells Jaune just before she unlocks his aura that one of aura's functionalities is to increase his senses, and this is then followed by Ren's scene where he senses the king Taijitu. Ren is just more in tune with his aura than others.

Also I just double checked the world of remnant for aura. It even says that Aura is primarily used as a defensive mechanism, PASSIVELY coating the wielder in a protective force field.

Edit: spelling

@Weekly

Correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing in Season 3/4 implies that flash signals low Aura.I could be wrong being as it's been awhile since I've watched them, but I don't think I am. And even then, that Flash as shown in Qrows battle was something we've never seen happen before. Ruby even had one.

That aside, assuming I am wrong then, It would just come down to who would outlast who. Sakura is still more skillful and with Substitution, Yang wouldn't be able to take her out anyways.

Morlock435 said:
Also I just double checked the world of remnant for aura. It even says that Aura is primarily used as a defensive mechanism, PASSIVELY coating the wielder in a protective force field.
Edit: spelling
Alright, well, I concede that specific argument about Aura.

@Barry Yes it does, it happened before in the fight between Yang and Mercury, as well as when Weiss and Yang fought Flynt and Neon, where Weiss didnt recieve any major damage until her aura was depleted by pushing Flynt into a jet of fire, causing her to recieve some burns. And yes Ruby had one because her aura was depleted, hence why Qrow was trying to keep her out of the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back