• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakura Haruno vs Yang Xiao Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both arguements have already been put on the table very strongly. We'd have 200 more comments if people repeated themselves. I am looking at the majority. Still seems this is just gridlocked.

@Pepper14832

You're OK counting votes that'll let Yang win when valid Arguments have been brought up as for why she can't that her supporters can't debunk?

That only gives her a false, baseless win, how can you be OK with that? You said you're looking at the majority but that doesn't prove Yang can legitimately beat Sakura.

If a Made a Naruto vs Whis battle and the Majority voted for Naruto just because he has an ability that could potentially kill Whis despite the laundry list of reasons why not, would that make the Majority right or wrong?

BarryAllen2.0 said:
@Pepper14832
You're OK counting votes that'll let Yang win when valid Arguments have been brought up as for why she can't that her supporters can't debunk?

That only gives her a false, baseless win, how can you be OK with that? You said you're looking at the majority but that doesn't prove Yang can legitimately beat Sakura.
Your argument, even if it does or doesn't debunk arguments for Yang winning this fight, does not mean I should ignore people who still continue to believe Yang will win over Sakura. Your argument doesn't revokes others vote, regardless of how irrational it is. If Sakura was going to win by a land slide, the votes would have already been in Sakura's favor since this thread began. That is not the case.

Your argument, even if it does or doesn't debunk arguments for Yang winning this fight, does not mean I should ignore people who still continue to believe Yang will win over Sakura. Your argument doesn't revokes others vote, regardless of how irrational it is. If Sakura was going to win by a land slide, the votes would have already been in Sakura's favor since this thread began. That is not the case.

I get that, but if their votes are irrational and go against the facts or simply ignore the facts, do you rule out the fact that a lot of these votes, if not all, are simply based out of biasness?

And if that is the case, even if Yang is declared the winner of the thread, her win isn't based on facts. This is a thread to see who'd win a fight based off the facts, or at least it shod be, not who I'd think would win just because I like them better.

Also, I edited my post above.

@Pepper I'm sorry but it isn't up to you to close threads (besides those on your own wall) You can request other staff members to do so and if they find it appropriate, they'll close it.

If you're giving Yang a win for reasons that have already been debunked, then by this logic Hulk is stronger then Doomsday because I said so.

I was actually going to let this be inconclusive. But admins said I don't have the right to do so. So, whoever votes for who I'll just count it. I really don't care at this point.

Two things

First. I'm not giving a win to anyone. I merely put my vote in just like everybody else and debated with other people here.

Second. What Barry or anyone else here considers "debunked arguments" are a difference of opinion. This is a fictional fight. There is no right and wrong, only opinions. If one gives his reasonings and another counters them but doesn't convince the original guy, that's not debunking, that's just debating. By this logic, I as well can play the same game and consider the other side's arguments "debunked".

ScarletFirefly said:
Two things
First. I'm not giving a win to anyone. I merely put my vote in just like everybody else and debated with other people here.

Second. What Barry or anyone else here considers "debunked arguments" are a difference of opinion. This is a fictional fight. There is no right and wrong, only opinions. If one gives his reasonings and another counters them but doesn't convince the original guy, that's not debunking, that's just debating. By this logic, I as well can play the same game and consider the other side's arguments "debunked".
+1 Like I somewhat said before. So, I'll just count the votes as they come in.

ScarletFirefly said:
Two things

If Yang can't deal a leathal blow due to substitution and Sakura can heal any damage she she can cause that isn't lethal with her 100 healings seal, I don't see how that's simply a difference of opinion when we know these things to be facts.

Facts are, Sakura has abilities that get over Yangs advantages. If someone isn't convinced, that's just them denying the facts. Especially if your only argument against it is "She wont use it"

There shouldn't be a debate really. Yang simply can't take out Sakura because of her versatility. It only becomes a difference of opinion if you can prove that Sakura's abilities aren't going to stop Yang. In which case, It's no longer a foregone conclusion and thus becomes opinionated.

So, if ANYONE can provide arguments for why Yang wins despite Sakura having abilities that get over her semblance, then and only then does Sakura winning become nothing more than a opinion.

@Scarletfly

Opinion: A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Fact: I
s something that is postulated to have occurred or to be correct.

Facts About Yang & Abilities:

• Yang is a Skilled Brawler
  • RWBY Characters have Aura that protects them from most forms of damaged (Not 100% of Damage is negated by it nor is this protection indefinite)
  • Yangs Semblace Allows her to give back twice the damage she takes
  • Yangs body still takes all the damage she collects despite her Semblance
Facts About Sakura & Abilities:

• Sakura is a Skilled Brawler
  • Sakura is trained in Ninja Arts and Tactics
  • Sakura has more experience than Yang
  • Sakura is more versatile than yang
  • Substitution: With this technique, users replace their own body with some other object, generally with a block of wood, the moment an attack lands.
*Healing Seal: The Strength of a Hundred Technique has a continuous, automatic effect that will heal any damage (Not All Damage, like decap for example) that the user sustains instantly without the need to make hand seals or even a conscious effort to activate the healing process as long as they have chakra left.

*Bunshin: A ninjutsu that creates an intangible copy of one's own body, without any substance. Since the clone itself doesn't have the ability to attack, and thus can only be used to confuse the enemy, it is mainly used in combination with other ninjutsu.

So, the facts are, with Sakura's training and experience, plus her greater versatility, will get over Yang and her semblance, who has no experience in fighting Ninja like Characters and no respone to her healing and substitution.

These are facts that are based on factually knowledge of each character.

We're not arguing about this. You've said your points, others have said their points to see why Yang would win. Whoever votes whichever way will be counted, period.

Yang should win if you ask me.

Sakura's palm healing is slow and not efficient when under direct assault. There's a reason why Medical Ninjas retreat the wounded from the battlefield before healing them. She would need time to retreat and considering Yang, she's not gonna let her do such a thing.

Also her Seal Healing doesn't restore stamina so she will still be tired, while Yang's damage and speed will increase.

And Sakura doesn't have more experience than her. The Sakura used here is the 17 year old version.

Boa Hancock 25 said:
Yang should win if you ask me.
Sakura's palm healing is slow and not efficient when under direct assault. There's a reason why Medical Ninjas retreat the wounded from the battlefield before healing them. She would need time to retreat and considering Yang, she's not gonna let her do such a thing.

Also her Seal Healing doesn't restore stamina so she will still be tired, while Yang's damage and speed will increase.

And Sakura doesn't have more experience than her. The Sakura used here is the 17 year old version.
1.)IIRC, Yangs Semblace on amps her damage output, not speed.

2.)Sakura does have more experience than Yang, Check above in one of my previous posts.

3.)While Sakura's Seal doesn't restore Stamina, that doesn't take away from the fact that she has much more than Yang. The Shinobi War was lasted a work week roughly (5 days). The Ninja didn't have any time to rest in the last 2+ days of the war. All of Sakura's Techniques that matter here are E-Rank (Academy level) which is low Chakra requirement and can be spammed.

Sakura wouldn't need to heal herself the formal way and retreat:

Naruto-3122067

Naruto-3122069

Yangs Semblance doesn't restore Stamina nor negates the damage her body takes and if you're making this argument, you seem to not have read the thread. Yangs Semblance is made usless becouse of this:

So here we have it:

Character A (Yang):

• Skilled Brawler
  • Ability allows her to dish out twice the damage she takes
  • Aura gives her a buffer to external damage (Doesn't negate all the damage nor is it indefinte)
Character B (Sakura):

• Skilled Brawler
  • Trained Assassin
  • More Experience (Verafiable)
  • Ability allows her to heal all Non Fatal Damage
  • Ability Allows her to Escape All Fatal Damage that may Occur
Standard Equipment (Yang):

• Metal Gauntlets with Explossive Bullet Rounds
Standard Equipment (Sakura):

• Kunai (Unknown amount)
  • Shuriken (Unknown Amount)
  • Smoke bombs (Unknown Amount)
  • Explossive Tags (unknown Amount)
^These are Standard Ninja Equipment that i know off, 7 each would be a fair amount, 3 for Smoke bombs.

It's extremely baseless to say Sakura doesn't have more experience than Yang.

Seriously, If you believe Yang can win before Sakura Deals enough Damage to take her out on the offset or outlast her while dealing enough damage to strip away her Aura protection...then IDK what to say to you. The odds aren't in yangs favor.

But as was said earlier, a lot of this is opinion. You think that Sakura would be able to substitute all the fatal hits Yang will try to land. Some people dont. You think that Sakura is specialized in h2h as much as Yang is. Some people dont. Like i said earlier i think Yang is more skilled in h2h. And Yang's semblance will give Sakura 0 room for error towards the end of the fight, while Yang's aura gives her a large buffer for mistakes. A lot of these things that have been "debunked" arent debunked at all. Its also worth mentioning that Yang's bullets are also increased in power, as their equipment become extensions of themselves, this increase in her bullets power was shown in the FNKY fight.

@Morlock

I'm not going to address some aspects of your post. I can see we'll end up in circles. Instead, can I ask you to elaborate on the reason as to why you believe Yang is better in h2h? Are there any specific showings or statements? etc. And can we discuss the issue of Aura defense. As Above, I had to reeducate myself with Aura in RWBY. Aura provides a buffer to physical injuries for RWBY Characters, though it's not 100% as they can still feel pain and continual usage of it plus the hits that it has to take can wear it down faster. Aura doesn't protect them from the force of an attack, just prevents then from getting injured by it externally, which is why Yang could still be knocked out.

So, that being said, for starters, Yang isn't on average stronger than Sakura. Sakura can still do some primo damage and hit her aura defense pretty hard.

Yeah. Bump.

Why don't you ask an admin to close it right now? i can see the people right now hailing for Yang. Or do you want more votes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back