• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saiyan Saga Gohan vs King Kai

KingEzran

He/Him
Gohan still has his tail. Let's get into the details of this versus thread.

-Speed Equalized

-Both are bloodlusted

-Range: 4.5 meters

-Win via death

Votes:

Gohan: 0

King Kai: 3

Inconclusive: 0

Assuming the teacher of the Kaioken and Spirit Bomb, knows the Kaioken and Spirit Bomb I think he got this.

King Kai via better skill, experience, and a wider arsenal of abilities. Earth also has a large amount of life force (helped massively in the Super Spirit Bomb), and King Kai can draw from the sun as a last resort, King Kai also can use the Kaioken. Anyways, while they're in the same tier and have the same speed, Gohan still has a power level lower than King Kai. King Kai is at 4,000. Gohan when Nappa and Vegeta landed on Earth had 981 normally, 2,800 with Masenko. I don't know how power levels are viewed on this wiki, but that should make King Kai significantly stronger than Saiyan Saga Gohan immediately. But even ignoring that, King Kai should still win via better abilities, skill, and experience, Gohan is just a kid with a year of training from Piccolo, and even then, a lot of that training is just him trying to survive in the wild, not to mention King Kai is trying to kill him.

Edit: Also, couldn't King Kai theoretically place weights on Gohan via Weight Manipulation, and Magic Materialization?

Yeah, but just don't forget I gave Gohan his tail, which means if he sees the moon, he's 10x stronger.

You didn't specify what time the battle takes place, so I assumed it was mid day and that Oozaru isn't a factor. If it is, I'd still give it to King Kai but with much more difficulty. He still has the skill and experience advantage, and his intelligence advantage would increase dramatically since Gohan becomes a mindless beast in his Oozaru form. The 10x increase would also shoot him up to a PL of 9,810, which, while impressive, King Kai could still close most of the gap with Kaioken x2 and significantly surpass Gohan again with Kaioken x3. King Kai also has extensive knowledge of the Saiyan's, and would know that cutting of Gohan's tail would take him out of the form. And as seen in the series, a Saiyan or hybrid Saiyan exiting the Oozaru form always exits unconcious, and likely exhausted if I had to guess, regardless, turning into Oozaru likely wouldn't help much. The best Gohan could hope for is catching KK off guard and hitting him at full force without him using the Kaioken, but that's unlikely.

TL;DR turning into Oozaru makes Gohan a mindless beast, while King Kai just uses the Kaioken and takes off his tail, then murders Gohan when he's unconcious with little difficulty. It's also worth noting that a fully charged Spirit Bomb would likely still cause severe damage to Great Ape Gohan.

King Kai has neither Kaio-Ken nor Spirit Bomb listed on his profile. A CRT was done for that, but apparently King Kai can't use the techniques himself.

Rodri "Dante" said:
King Kai has neither Kaio-Ken nor Spirit Bomb listed on his profile. A CRT was done for that, but apparently King Kai can't use the techniques himself.
King Kai can't use his own techniques?

Interesting, that makes this a bit harder to decide. King Kai would still beat base Gohan for sure, and could even try killing him before he transforms, as the battle doesn't seem to start off with the transformation, but a transformed Gohan is more debatable. Great Ape Gohan would be stronger by a significant margin, but would also lack any form of skill or useful intelligence. If King Kai can still cut his tail off, it'd be an easy win from there, but Gohan could also easily kill him if he manages to land enough hits.

Back