• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

I just want to say that Luffy's bias isn't something exclusive to him; it's something that most Brazilian Dragon Ball fans share due to a rivalry from decades ago. Basically, when Dragon Ball Z was gaining fame in Brazil, it was heavily promoted by all Brazilian media as the strongest work ever. However, Saint Seiya fans began to point out that everything Dragon Ball had in terms of feats, Saint Seiya also possessed, and even more powerful feats compared to Dragon Ball Z. In response, Dragon Ball Z fans argued that any statement in Saint Seiya is hyperbole and any visual feat is a metaphor or representation. Due to Dragon Ball's larger popularity, magazines and television stations started claiming that everything about Saint Seiya was hyperbole or metaphor.

And that's↑ how Saint Seiya is popularly known in relation to its power level here in Brazil.

I just want to say that Luffy's bias isn't something exclusive to him; it's something that most Brazilian Dragon Ball fans share due to a rivalry from decades ago. Basically, when Dragon Ball Z was gaining fame in Brazil, it was heavily promoted by all Brazilian media as the strongest work ever. However, Saint Seiya fans began to point out that everything Dragon Ball had in terms of feats, Saint Seiya also possessed, and even more powerful feats compared to Dragon Ball Z. In response, Dragon Ball Z fans argued that any statement in Saint Seiya is hyperbole and any visual feat is a metaphor or representation. Due to Dragon Ball's larger popularity, magazines and television stations started claiming that everything about Saint Seiya was hyperbole or metaphor.

And that's↑ how Saint Seiya is popularly known in relation to its power level here in Brazil.
It is explained in the work that it is a representation/ symbolic, but coming from you, i don't doubt this prejudice against me at all ¯⁠\⁠⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠⁠/⁠¯

"Saint Seiya is hyperbole and any visual feat is a metaphor or representation"

It's true though, almost all of it is symbolic, the absolute strongest characters (those gods) in Saint Seiya are barely Planet level through TK offensively with Baseline FTL speed and are glass canons.

but coming from you, i don't doubt this prejudice against me at all ¯⁠\⁠⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠⁠/⁠¯
😵??? I think you're confusing me with someone else? I basically never interacted with you and I don't remember being offensive to you, and again my comment is not about you in specific, but rather that the way you interact with Saint Seiya is something characteristic of Brazilian Dragon Ball fans, and you know that this is not a lie.

😵??? I think you're confusing me with someone else? I basically never interacted with you and I don't remember being offensive to you, and again my comment is not about you in specific, but rather that the way you interact with Saint Seiya is something characteristic of Brazilian Dragon Ball fans, and you know that this is not a lie.
I'm not confused, i remember people who do evil, i'm just pointing out an error to them, which should be fixed

Now pointing out errors in the work you like causes you to be prejudiced because you are Brazilian, it's funny that Saint Seiya fans themselves can't bear to debate without involving Dragon Ball, i don't care about these franchise fights, i'm just showing you the right way.

I'm not confused, i remember people who do evil, i'm just pointing out an error to them, which should be fixed

Now pointing out errors in the work you like causes you to be prejudiced because you are Brazilian, it's funny that Saint Seiya fans themselves can't bear to debate without involving Dragon Ball, i don't care about these franchise fights, i'm just showing you the right way.

Eu não entendi algumas partes do q vc disse.[I didn't understand some parts of what you said]

Você pode postar oq você quis dizer em Português junto com uma tradução para o Inglês já que a wiki não permite falar em outra língua?
[Can you post what you meant in Portuguese along with a translation into English since the wiki does not allow speaking in another language?]

E do q eu entendi sobre oq vc disse, eu nunca entrei no assunto sobre oq vc está dizendo ser correto ou não, mas sim q o jeito e as exatas palavras q vc utiliza com Saint Seiya são literalmente as q os fãs de Dragon Ball brasileiros usam em relação a todo o contexto q eu dei.
[And from what I understand about what you said, I never went into whether what you're saying is correct or not, but rather that the way and exact words you usually use with Saint Seiya are literally what Brazilian Dragon Ball fans use in relation to all the context I gave.]
and again my comment is not about you in specific, but rather that the way you interact with Saint Seiya is something characteristic of Brazilian Dragon Ball fans, and you know that this is not a lie.

Eu não entendi algumas partes do q vc disse.[I didn't understand some parts of what you said]

Você pode postar oq você quis dizer em Português junto com uma tradução para o Inglês já que a wiki não permite falar em outra língua?
[Can you post what you meant in Portuguese along with a translation into English since the wiki does not allow speaking in another language?]

E do q eu entendi sobre oq vc disse, eu nunca entrei no assunto sobre oq vc está dizendo ser correto ou não, mas sim q o jeito e as exatas palavras q vc utiliza com Saint Seiya são literalmente as q os fãs de Dragon Ball brasileiros usam em relação a todo o contexto q eu dei.
[And from what I understand about what you said, I never went into whether what you're saying is correct or not, but rather that the way and exact words you usually use with Saint Seiya are literally what Brazilian Dragon Ball fans use in relation to all the context I gave.]
Speaking in Portuguese can run the risk of being banned, i use google translator, some words may be wrong, but it is exactly about this feat that is not literal here

But I never talked about the feat itself??? And nothing I said was about that.
But you should pay attention to what people say, before i come to accuse and put dragon ball in the middle, you wouldn't want to see a stranger speaking badly about Brazil or your country (i thought it was a bit unnecessary to mention nationality and judge someone based on that )

But you should pay attention to what people say, before i come to accuse and put dragon ball in the middle, you wouldn't want to see a stranger speaking badly about Brazil or your country (i thought it was a bit unnecessary to mention nationality and judge someone based on that )
Because this is a fact and it is literally something that happened, it has been decades and decades since cdz and dbz have had this rivalry in Brazil and it continues to this day.

Because this is a fact and it is literally something that happened, it has been decades and decades since cdz and dbz have had this rivalry in Brazil and it continues to this day.
If i could leave Brazil, the first place i would go was to the United States to earn a dollar, Saint Seiya is so old and Dragon Ball that i wasn't even born, i don't know the ancient times, here in Brazil there aren't many Saint Seiya fans, you can count them on your fingers (i think this must be because people at that time must have been around 60 years old), i just turned 25 a few months ago.

Different tiering placement, and speed ratings count as being different enough. Doesn't just have to be abilities or the whole package
I’m not creating upwards of 20 gold Saint profiles when 14 of them are likely the same bar 1 or 2 abilities and AP rating.

But if you want to be my guest 😂

After the Gold Saints are fixed, I will be doing a cosmology upgrade down the line looking at getting tier 1 given some of the information I found about wiki standards about time axis stuff. The verse should solidly reach a high 1-B multiverse and maybe even low 1-A for those who scale above 8th sense realms, basically gods and 9th sense users.

We'll see what happens but for now, fixing Gold Saint AP ratings is the next priority once we're able to apply the most recent revision.

After the Gold Saints are fixed, I will be doing a cosmology upgrade down the line looking at getting tier 1 given some of the information I found about wiki standards about time axis stuff. The verse should solidly reach a high 1-B multiverse and maybe even low 1-A for those who scale above 8th sense realms, basically gods and 9th sense users.

We'll see what happens but for now, fixing Gold Saint AP ratings is the next priority once we're able to apply the most recent revision.
High 1-B Mr Krabs

Back