• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sailor Moon (First Toei Canon)

So, I noticed there are pages for non-canon versions of franchises like GT Goku or OVA Dark Schneider.....after I finish the canon SM profiles, I was wondering if I can do the profiles for non-canon versions, specifically the one from the Toei Canon (the most famous version).

In the case of yes, here are some of the important feats of the series

DC/Durability

City Block Level: Usagi's Supersonic Crying in the first episode created an Earthquake which is approximately City Block Level.

City Level: Jadeite claimed to have the capacity to destroy a city.. Luna believed he was capable.

Continent Level: Death Phantom's Casual Energy was capable lifewiping the planet.

Planet Level: The Makaiju and The Xenian Blossom were both planet busters as shown on-screen.

Star Level: The Golden Crystal supposedly had easily enough power to destroy a star.

Universe Level+: Queen Metallia and Death Phantom were both threats to the entire universe at full power. Death Phantom was a living Universe that Sailor Saturn destroyed. The Silver Crystal can reset and retcon an entire timeline.

Multi-Universe Level: Galaxia as a threat to all space, which in SM went far beyond the main universe.

Speed:

FTL: Pre-Serenity Sailor Moon easily darted around the flashes of light from a camera.

MFTL+ (Likely Millions or higher): The Makaiju wandered the universe, Fiore searched hundreds of planets for a flower for Mamoru.

MFTL+ (Quadrillions): Sailor Saturn traves to the center of a universe from outside in less then a few minutes.

MFTL+ (Quintillions): Messiah Moon (Moon with the powers of Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Venus, Uranus and Neptune.) traveled the same distance in less then 30 seconds.

First Arc is mostly a combination of FTL 8-B and 7-B

Second and Third Arcs are mostly a combination of MFTL (Millions) 6-A and 5-B

Fourth and Fifth Arcs are mostly MFTL (Quintillions) 4-C

Top Tiers are a combination of MFTL (Quintillions) 3-A and 2-C

Hmm. Don't know if this is important enough, but i'll highlight this to see what the community and staff thinks.

Hmm, do you have some images or a video for the first FTL feat? I'd just like to see it before I give an opinion.

Hmm, yea, looks fine. I was gonna say it might be relativistic but the way the animation is done it probably would be slightly FTL

I am surprised at how powerful Sailor Moon truly is as a verse... I mean, there was a time where I believed that the God Tiers were Galaxy level.

No. Sorry. We try to generally avoid allowing secondary canon/non-canon adaptions, or we end up on a slippery slope of gradually drowning this wiki in different versions that dilute the originals. We should probably remove OVA Dark Schneider as well.

They were added before I came here, and the movie characters are unique, not duplicates. The rule is not absolute, so we allow a few extremely notable exceptions, such as GT, or when all versions are equally canon, such as Zelda or Mario, but we generally try to avoid adding any new blatantly non-canon duplicate pages, or we end up in slippery slope territory.

The Toei DB characters are rather popular, where as it seems that you may be the only one who knows about the differences of the non-canon and more canon side of SM in this wiki. Hence, Antvasima simply wishes to prevent confusion to the canon profiles by people not familiar with the Toei canon.

Basically, if we start adding duplicate pages for every single manga and game adaption, we would end up drowning the wiki in irrelevance, and we have a big enough problem with that already.

Essentially, we allow a few non-cano profiles, most of them very notable unique characters, or ones that have diverged greatly from canon, rather than basic copies, like what you are suggesting.

However, we have to be very careful not to allow too many of them, and only make exceptions in rare cases, or matters will start to deteriorate quickly.

.....I don't neccesarily disagree with you but I should note that the SM Anime and SM Manga are not very much alike in most ways, including feats. It is well past the benchmark of "diverged greatly from canon". Again, not saying I disagree or anything. If that's the policy, that's the policy. I'm just saying the SM Anime is in fact very different in terms of feats and really everything then the SM Manga.

Well, I am afraid that it is too close to be a valid addition, especially for lots of profiles that are copies of already existing characters.

....Would you mind telling me what would be far enough away then? Because the difference between Toei Canon Sailor Moon and Manga Canon Sailor Moon is bigger (signifigantly bigger) then the difference between DBGT Goku and DBS Goku.

There are no specific borders, but GT is a very prominent continuity, that used to be the semi-official continuation of DBZ, with an entirely unique story, and we mostly feature original characters from the series, with just a few copies.

That said, although allowing our wiki to start drowning in copies would be a path towards disaster, I am not sure if we should retain the non-unique characters from GT, such as Goku and Vegeta. I will ask Lord Kavpeny about it.

SomebodyData said:
Hmm, how different is it? Story wise, characters etc
I don't know how to quantify it but extremely extremely different. There is far more unalike about the two SM continuities then there are similar. There is ALOT different, they are not at all the same story. I can't name one feat in the entire series that is the same. Not one feat. Major worldbuilding and plot elements are entirely different. Many of the characters have entirely different personalities and backstories.

Well, regardless, my answer remains the same. If we allow this, other people will demand that we feature all of the anime versions of One Piece characters, and so onwards.

Because for them several versions can be argued to be equally canon, alternately are extremely prominent, or even cross over with regular continuity, and the stories are not direct adaptions, but stand on their own.

But I am uncertain about if we should really allow things such as the "Earths Mightiest Heroes" cartoon as well.

Imperator100isnotavailable said:
K, as I mentioned in my past comments, policy is policy.
Another quick question though, why do Marvel and DC have non-canon versions of characters then?
Unlike anime/manga, Marvel and DC have multiple official writers so the definition of canon is different. The same stories reboot over and over as they're running for decades. That's not the case with most all anime and manga

I thought the Toei is more loyal to the source material than the earlier adaptation, not that I have seen any of it (yet).

But I guess you put it into one but specify certain feats as only shown by Toei, such and such. As I've seen it done on the SM character.

Well, regardless, allowing the two adaptions would swarm us in lots of duplicate profiles, which is entirely unnecessary.

Perhaps I should speak here. As I recall, the anime and manga differ quite strongly in terms of plot. Pretty much they are completely different fictions. So I do not think there is a big problem with different profiles.

However, I am very skeptical about this statistic. This applies to the manga, as well.

I do not see anything wrong with that. But first there must be evidence for statistics.

I think that when Alternate Continuities create their own characters, or greatly diverge from Source Material in story and Tiers, profiles should be allowed.

But when it's still just a straight adaptation, despite the changes, I don't really see the point.

I stand neutral on the Toei Sailor Moon, though, because I know little about it.

Well, with all due respect to DarkLK, I remain extremely reluctant to allow this, as I have experience with how these types of issues tend to evolve.

If we allow one instance, lots more will follow, and usually ones that are extremely close adaptions of the source material.

Then we would end up with many different profiles for every single character in every single adaption, which would turn into a huge unmanageable mess.

I would much rather that this wiki focuses on a wide variety of different characters, than many different versions of the same characters.

The difference between these characters is like the difference between the 616 Marvel universe and the cinematic universe.

Well, possibly, but I dislike the concept of opening the doors towards having 10 different versions of the same characters in lots of different cases on the wiki. It would end up as a huge mess.

Currently we have made a few exceptions for different mediums in the cases of Marvel, DC, and games that are all equally canon, but I remain worried that we will eventually drown in copies for every single adaption out there, which would make the originals almost meaningless.

Should we really have up to 20 different Dragon Ball and Naruto pages for every game that the characters have appeared in? I am extremely reluctant to do so.

Naruto and Dragon Ball alter-versions are basically branches or fillers to the main series.

In the case of SM, we basically have a completely different continuity, with completely different events, abilities and powers.

Hmm. Maybe, but it still doesn't sit right with me to allow lots of side-characters to get extra profile pages.

Perhaps, as a compromise, we could only allow it for the main characters, and significant unique characters for cases such as this? So Sailor Moon herself could get a profile, as could other characters in similar situations, but not everybody?

Maybe.

Again everyone missed my main point. I am skeptical about these statistics. This is the main thing that I wanted to say.

Okay. No problem. Since this would be a major change for the wiki, I have sent a private message to Lord Kavpeny asking for input.

Back