• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sabo's "Ryu no Ibuki", is it Dura Neg?

Shockwaves are forces.
image.png

It's quite likely a shockwave attack.
Occam's Razor. There are so many other things it could be rather than shockwaves. As I've pointed out, the way we handle shockwaves in this verse and in the wiki in general require direct statements such as these three I've listed here:
For example, Marco's Bluebird, Impact Dials, and Kuma's Paws

You've failed to show a statement of Sabo's Ryu no Ibuki being a shockwave-based technique.

I literally showed you a panel of someone using a shockwave and it having an effect very similar to Sabo's techniques. I don't even know what you're on about. Sabo even implies it may be one.

Dude, can you stop with that? All you're doing is seeing an actual argument based off something and going " sure.. but there's many possibilities to what it could be!! so you don't know for sure!! ". It's not even funny it's just kind of annoying and ignorant even. I'm literally showing you a panel where someone who's main power is using powerful shockwaves does something that looks incredibly similar to what Sabo does.
And Sabo even describes this as sending force THROUGH something, to the "core" of it, implying it's very similar to Internal Destruction Haki as well, just more focused.
And I don't care if you disagree with me at all, that's fine, everyone has their own feelings towards something and can come to their own conclusions about it. Just provide an actually good argument instead of basically saying: " it has blaring similarities to other forms of Dura Neg, but you don't know what it actually is! " because that's not a valid reason. It's just, and all due respect when I say this, you presenting the argument of a toddler ( not to say you're a toddler mentally or anything, just that your argument isn't very stable or well founded ).

does something that looks incredibly similar to what Sabo does.
It may look that way, but we have no way of knowing for sure wether Sabo's Ryu no Ibuki is a shockwave attack or not. We don't give abilities off of what-ifs or possibilities. We need actual proof.
And Sabo even describes this as sending force THROUGH something, to the "core" of it, implying it's very similar to Internal Destruction Haki as well, just more focused.
And yet we see him sending the "force" through the cracks he made in the stage.
it has blaring similarities to other forms of Dura Neg, but you don't know what it actually is! "
That is not at all what I'm saying and you know that. You're choosing to ignore my point.

It is much too early to give Sabo durability negation when he's only ever used the ability once, and in that one time, it did not act at all like durability negation.

It is much too early to give Sabo durability negation when he's only ever used the ability once, and in that one time, it did not act at all like durability negation.
While Shanks sits pretty with Advanced Conq on his profile with practically no feats with it and Oda just saying " oh, it's pretty strong Haki! ".
Don't know how that can happen but Sabo can't be given dura neg off of an actual feat.
It may look that way, but we have no way of knowing for sure wether Sabo's Ryu no Ibuki is a shockwave attack or not. We don't give abilities off of what-ifs or possibilities. We need actual proof.

And yet we see him sending the "force" through the cracks he made in the stage.
And? He simply taps on the arena > sticks his Armament infused fist into the arena a little > sends a force/shockwave through it to break it up into tens of pieces.
Edit: also he might have this if I'm not misunderstanding it.

I guess it is? Still, that's based off one feat and it was enough to add it to his profile. How is this much different?

Leave if you like, you've done more than enough in the thread so don't be afraid to go out Kachon.
But yeah we do need some mods and more people in here, this is getting kind of slow.

Though, shouldn't Sabo still get something for what ever he did to exert force into the cracks and destroy the ring?
I feel like that should at least be counted as Air Manip or something, if it's not seen as a shockwave.

Though, shouldn't Sabo still get something for what ever he did to exert force into the cracks and destroy the ring?
I feel like that should at least be counted as Air Manip or something, if it's not seen as a shockwave.
That's just a weird form of pressure points, hitting it in a specific place as to where it stretched out

Sure but he already had his fists in it and they don't show him taking it out and in again, it's implied he just output something into it to separate it.

Back