• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sabo's "Ryu no Ibuki", is it Dura Neg?

It now doesn't have any real evidence towards it, as Oda may have said that they had Haki pre ts, but never said they had Advanced Armament (and he clearly somewhat had an idea of it in his mind seeing as Zoro, Sentomaru, Boa Marigold and the OG Admiral Trio all had it). It should also be noted that Lucci used Rokougan on Punk Atlas and only her outer layers were destroyed, with no signs of her insides getting destroyed by the shockwave. He also has none of the requirements for Emission or Internal Destruction shown here, at all. It should be safe to say that they do not have it, atleast not pre ts or in attacks like Rokougan.
CP9 don't have haki for the Rokougan, they're stated to have it via their vivre cards, this point is completely invalid.

CP9 don't have haki for the Rokougan, they're stated to have it via their vivre cards, this point is completely invalid.
I only even mentioned it because people kind of speculated about it in other threads, though I should probably move it somewhere else because it's not relevant to my point about Sabo. I just wanted to make the post a bit longer.

I disagree with durability negation. Sabo seems to be making cracks in the ground and then sending the attack inside those cracks.

As for the Burgess example, that may just be an example of Damage Boost, not durability negation, as if it were actual durability negation, Burgess would have ended up like Corrida Colosseum.

I never really mentioned Jesus Burgess though he was wrecked by Sabo.
Also, he first taps on the ground, finds it's.. "Core", and then sticks his "claw" in it and sends a shockwave through it.

"Core", and then sticks his "claw" in it and sends a shockwave through it.
Through the cracks. Who's to say he can do the same in something that doesn't have cracks? Or to a person?

At most, I'd say it's limited durability negation, but I stills stand by damage boost moreso.

Through the cracks. Who's to say he can do the same in something that doesn't have cracks? Or to a person?

At most, I'd say it's limited durability negation, but I stills stand by damage boost moreso.
He said it him self. He's sending the bulk of the attack to the center of his opponent. Putting a crack in something doesn't automatically make it crumble into tens of pieces. He sent a shockwave through it to make it crack, sort of like Whitebeard ( but obviously not on his level ).

What do you think that force was if he had his hands stuck in the arena? Clearly sent a shockwave through it.

What even is your argument? Did you see the image?
He simply tapped on it with his fist, then unclenched, sticked his hands in it, and sent the force throughout the ground to destroy it. Pretty simple.

He stuck his hands in the ground, which made cracks in the area around him, then he sent the force inside those cracks.

Yes it does. You your self just admitted he sent a shockwave throughout the arena to crack it. That was the whole point of it, and that's how he described it.

It's kind of weird to think he wouldn't be able to send force through it without the cracks though. How do you think he cracked it in the first place?

Sticking his hands in the ground only causes cracks in the part he stuck his hands in.

Using the anime for clarification, it seems that he's using a lot of physical strength when sticking his hand in the ground which causes the cracks in the arena (similar to what you'd see after an earthquake), then he used Ryu no Ibuki through those cracks which destroyed the colosseum.

Now I'm even less inclined to agree with any form of durability negation because he just blew apart the already present cracks in the ground by sending a force through them

It seems to just be wind manipulation as we see the wind carry rocks as well.

Also it would make sense considering it's implied that Dragon taught him this, and Dragon was able to do this

Using the anime for clarification, it seems that he's using a lot of physical strength when sticking his hand in the ground which causes the cracks in the arena (similar to what you'd see after an earthquake), then he used Ryu no Ibuki through those cracks which destroyed the colosseum.

Now I'm even less inclined to agree with any form of durability negation because he just blew apart the already present cracks in the ground by sending a force through them
Given the Anime's track record for the post timeskip adaptations that's probably not too reliable.
Also, it's definitely a shockwave because of my next point:
It seems to just be wind manipulation as we see the wind carry rocks as well.

Also it would make sense considering it's implied that Dragon taught him this, and Dragon was able to do this
Dragon literally does nothing there. He's just standing and sending gusts of wind throughout the town. Most likely a Devil Fruit ability, which he can't really teach Sabo.

Dragon literally does nothing there. He's just standing and sending gusts of wind throughout the town. Most likely a Devil Fruit ability, which he can't really teach Sabo.
Also, it's definitely a shockwave because of my next point:
I used a strikethrough because it isn't an actual argument and can be ignored.
Given the Anime's track record for the post timeskip adaptations that's probably not too reliable.
The wiki allows us to use the anime if it has no contradictions to the manga and is used for further clarification.

Dude, leave the thread if you have no valid points. He sends a shockwave through the ground and it's cracks to break it into multiple pieces.

It's not wind manipulation. That's a side effect of him using the shockwave on it.

I'm not going to hold your hand the entire time. You saw him use one in the cracks to separate the blocks. Stop with the repetitive arguments.
Going to stop talking frequently in this thread until someone else chimes in so I don't just go in circles with you. It's currently 1 person that disagrees with the OP and 2 that agree with it.

Back