• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a stomp if Saber doesn't have a way to Amp her speed
Saber also has an all around big amp with Mana Burst. It amps Dura, Speed, and AP.
How much does it Amp?
I'm not saying it will let her overwhelm Gear 3rd, but it should let her still keep up with Gear 2nd, especially with her Precog.
Ummm.... Gear 2nd is much much faster than gear 3rd... Gear 3rd is just his base speed with more power and bigger arm

Wait... Forgot luffy had gears... Gear 2nd completely blitzes people that are equal or superior to luffy's base speed, even to those that uses precog meaning completely blitzing the body movement
When does this Luffy bltiz someone equal to or greater than him? Saber's Precog is ridiculously overpowered, to the degree of being able to predict and dodge a causality warping attack AND an attack that borders on True Magic. Both of these are stated multiple times to be completely undodgeable.

I see, but does Mana Burst increase her speed in all aspects or is it just for locomotion as her profile seem to indicate? But even so, Luffy still has many other advantages that make me vote for him - he increases the power of his blows with each stretch and can abuse this to apply even more powerful blows; Luffy has massive advantage in Stamina and recovery in combat, he has RPL, rage power, far better range, skill, and such. As much as Saber is an experienced warrior, I don't remember if she ever faced opponents with a way of fighting as eccentric as Luffy, it would be extremely difficult for her to keep up with him, even starting at the advantage. So, I believe she would be defeated by prolonging the fight in the face of all the versatility Luffy has to counter her exhaustively.
Mana Burst increases all of her stats. Enough to completely shatter a weapon that could hold her off before. Saber will not tire until her master runs our of mana. I really don't want to talk about the massive tangled web that is Fate Skill. She fights WAY crazier enemies than Luffy. Kojiro mimics True Magic to attack three times in a single instant. Cu Chulainn's spear reverses Casaulity to strike before the spear moves.

G2 scales to 19.9 gigatons, but with Jet Gatling gun it scales to 119.2 gigatons. Higher with Busoshoku. Gear 2's barrage attacks and Gear 3 are getting dangerously close to one-shot territory.
Grizzly Magnum is obliterating her if it hits, and considering he can combine G2 and G3-- yeah. Luffy's got a ridiculous striking advantage, greater precognition, borderline speed blitzing..
Artoria's chances of winning this are thin.
G3 is not close to one shot territory. Jet Gatling is though.
Luffy does NOT have better Precog. At all. Until Luffy precogs something on par with Gae Bolg or Tsubame Gaseshi, Saber's Precog is better than even Advanced Observation.

How much does it Amp?
AP wise, she shatters a weapon that previously blocked her attacks. Speed wise, I'm unsure. She frequently uses it for high speed movements though.

Ummm.... Gear 2nd is much much faster than gear 3rd... Gear 3rd is just his base speed with more power and bigger arm
Apologies, wasn't clear there. I meant she can't overwhelm G3 AP wise, but should be more than capable of dodging G2 attacks speed wise.

G3 is not close to one shot territory. Jet Gatling is though.
G3 scales to 119.9 gigatons. So does Jet Gatling.
G3 grizzly Magnum is double the value of G3's single handed attacks.

Until Luffy precogs something on par with Gae Bolg or Tsubame Gaseshi, Saber's Precog is better than even Advanced Observation.
Gae Bolg's evasion was both her instinct and luck. Tsubame Gaeshi was actively nerfed when she took it on.
He basic instinct of "knowing the trajectory ahead of time" as its described is comparable to a singular layer of kenbun.

Actually only Jet Gatling scale to 119.9 Gigatons, while Gear 3rd should be 79.6 Gigatons instead.

Although the combination between Gear 2nd and Gear 3rd can potentially put Luffy at baseline High 6-C.

Actually only Jet Gatling scale to 119.9 Gigatons, while Gear 3rd should be 79.6 Gigatons instead.
Doesn't his justification say he's 119.9 with Jet Gatling OR Gear 3rd? That's what I remember the result of the CRT discussion being.

When does this Luffy bltiz someone equal to or greater than him?
0387-016.png

Equal speed
0388-003.png
0388-004.png
0388-005.png

Completely blitzes in gear 2nd

0519-010.png
0519-011.png
0519-012.png

Equal or inferior speed then
0520-003.png
0520-004.png
0520-005.png

Completely blitzing her body movements where her precog won't matter

G3 grizzly Magnum is double the value of G3's single handed attacks.
G3 scales to 59.7 Gigatons in Dressrosa key though. According to the One Piece page and Luffy's own page.

Gae Bolg's evasion was both her instinct and luck. Tsubame Gaeshi was actively nerfed when she took it on.
He basic instinct of "knowing the trajectory ahead of time" as its described is comparable to a singular layer of kenbun.
She still dodges two attacks that are flat out called undodgeable in canon.
Instinct A is flat out Future Sight Precog. At worst it is equal to Advanced Observation. There are lower levels of Instinct in Fate. Instinct C, the lowest recorded value of the skill. Is Basic Observation.

Honestly, I did forget about G2 and G3 combination. I'm unsure after that reminder. Probably going to lean towards Luffy now. Speed of G2 + Power of G3 is rough.

She still dodges two attacks that are flat out called undodgeable in canon.
Because Luck in fate is borderline causality manipulation. One attack requires reversing cause and effect and can only be negged with high Luck. The other is contextually nerfed when used on Artoria.
Instinct A is flat out Future Sight Precog.
Future sight is Minds Eye. THat's a seperate ability altogether. Instinct is more or less Instinctive Reaction with a touch of precognition because of how Fate itself has it. Agree to disagree I guess. Kenbun is too layered even before FS for me to compare it to prediction.

Anyway- G2+3 combo, busoshoku enhancements and Kenbunshoku lessening Luffy's odds of getting hit by anything serious (especially in gear 2 because of the speed) will have me voting Luffy.
He'd get washed by Excalibur, but that's a really big if tbh

Future sight is Minds Eye. THat's a seperate ability altogether. Instinct is more or less Instinctive Reaction with a touch of precognition because of how Fate itself has it. Agree to disagree I guess. Kenbun is too layered even before FS for me to compare it to prediction.
There are multiple ways to get Precog in Fate, Clairvoyance also grants it. Instinct A is literally called precognition in materials and in Stay Night itself. Instinct also does more than just Precog.

Well gear 4th is restricted so that means Luffy is High 6-C and going by the Verse notes and Key I'll assume that means he Scales to 119 or 178 Gigatons

Saber is Low 6-B with 2.9 Teratones and probably scales above that cause Excalibur>>Balmung

Which means assuming we use the 178 Gigatones Saber has ap 16× Luffy and 24× if Luffy scales to 119

On top of that she's Far more skilled and will land hits (Cause I'm pretty sure He needs to focus quite a lot to use Kenbunshoku Haki before the beginning of whole cake, well even then Saber also has Precog as well so) and that's when the standard Smurf Conceptual+Soul Nuking hax that most Servants possess comes into play which is pretty much a one shot

So like

Actually Saber's instinct is Rank A and at that Rank its stated to basically be future sight

Prediction based Precognition
Analytical Prediction

What's the difference between these two???
One is basic analytical prediction based on fighting skill
The other literally senses the next thing in more than just assuming where it'll be going, based on another's will. (Because haki shenanigans)

Hmmmmm........I see, slightly confusing though
I'll be honest I don't get it either tbh. Zoro had analytical prediction before he started sensing the breath of things, yet he made a big deal out of sensing the 'will' of rocks and where they'll land.
I guess it's more or less a surefire sensory than predicting 100 things ahead of time and being ready to avoid'em all

I'll be honest I don't get it either tbh. Zoro had analytical prediction before he started sensing the breath of things, yet he made a big deal out of sensing the 'will' of rocks and where they'll land.
I guess it's more or less a surefire sensory than predicting 100 things ahead of time and being ready to avoid'em all
One predict ones movement where it will go via calculating and fighting skill while the other is just you knowing where it will go in the future

if you always know what that person will do in the future then you can basically dodge anything he can do and you can be very carefree while analytical prediction is you figuring out your opponents move via reacting to his body movements, expression plus alot more via being intense... Since you have to react fast and always gain new input while the other you just know and you'll just move out of the way perfectly with no difficulty

Oh you know what will be interesting? After this fight Luffy should battling against Charlemagne (Rubber-Idiot vs Cool-Idiot)

Anyway Luffy FRA

Probably not sticking around for debating, but-
Kenbunshoku is layered to a ridiculous degree.
If your talking about layers, base in Nasuvers Parameter list, her precog is 5 layers, and if you include the +in paramter its 9 layers. This is just for Instinct, if I include stuff from Mind's Eye(True) and Mind's Eye(False), it would likely reach at least 25 layers.

I don't think it would change the outcome of this match tbh
Pretty sure it would I mean the basis for Luffy's wincon is that he Blitzes and has Superior Precog so Saber can't do shit

Also I do remember Sabers Mana Burst being stated to amp over 6 times somewhere whoever was asking about that

How was Tsubame Gaeshi nerfed the first time she dodged it??? I mean if you watch the Ufotable anime she straight up sees herself get cut down and fall to the ground so.....

If your talking about layers, base in Nasuvers Parameter list, her precog is 5 layers, and if you include the +in paramter its 9 layers. This is just for Instinct, if I include stuff from Mind's Eye(True) and Mind's Eye(False), it would likely reach at least 25 layers.
What? The skill specifically states "At Rank A, it is essentially in the realm of predicting the future." Rank B only aproaches it, and Rank C is outright just good instincts.

if you always know what that person will do in the future then you can basically dodge anything he can do and you can be very carefree
Which Saber's Instinct cannot replicate against peer opponents. Diarmund? Her Instinct only kicked in when she physically couldn't dodge the attack, barely letting her evade a killing blow. Heracles? The man was just too much of a force of nature, and even with his sword techniques sealed by his Class, his Mind's Eye let him strike her still. Against Kuzuki? It didn't notify him of how dangerous the man was until she got choked out by him, and he casually adapted his fighting style to use her instincts against her. Against Gilgamesh, her Instinct were taking a vacation and not doing anything because there was no pact to victory, so she had no idea which of his weapons to parry, dodge or deflect. Even against EMIYA's sword barrage she had to go in fully serious or else she would have died.

Her instincts are a boon for sure, but it's not some Diablo kind of "I see ten seconds into the future" skill.

I see, but does Mana Burst increase her speed in all aspects or is it just for locomotion as her profile seem to indicate?
It increases her speed generally.

How was Tsubame Gaeshi nerfed the first time she dodged it??? I mean if you watch the Ufotable anime she straight up sees herself get cut down and fall to the ground so.....
It's specifically stated the grounding could not allow him to fully use it, only manifesting two blades rather than three. Had he used all three, Saber would have died.

Grounding. And I recall Kojiro's blade being bent or messed up, which left an opening to be exploited. Artoria had to damage his blade so the technique isn't as perfect as it usually should be.

Which Saber's Instinct cannot replicate against peer opponents. Diarmund? Her Instinct only kicked in when she physically couldn't dodge the attack, barely letting her evade a killing blow. Heracles? The man was just too much of a force of nature, and even with his sword techniques sealed by his Class, his Mind's Eye let him strike her still. Against Kuzuki? It didn't notify him of how dangerous the man was until she got choked out by him, and he casually adapted his fighting style to use her instincts against her. Against Gilgamesh, her Instinct were taking a vacation and not doing anything because there was no pact to victory, so she had no idea which of his weapons to parry, dodge or deflect. Even against EMIYA's sword barrage she had to go in fully serious or else she would have died.

Her instincts are a boon for sure, but it's not some Diablo kind of "I see ten seconds into the future" skill.
I see, good to see some truths and explanations

Very confusing types of predictions/Precognition. Like what's the difference between Future Sensing and Future Sight.

I guess that's the querry.
Future Sensing is just sensing events that'll happen in the future but not actually knowing exactly what happens. Spider Sense. Deku's Danger Sense. Just sensing danger.

Future Sight is literally seeing what happens in the future.

If this is still active

Summary of arguments for both sides?
Am not sure of Saber's arguments, but... I think it consists of her skill, her instincts that are nearly precog, her decent ability to amp herself, and the fact that she has a Low 6-B Attack that can one-shot Luffy. She also has some decent regen, but idk if it would be too helpful.

Luffy's arguments are his precog, his amps, his attacks that can one-shot Saber... and the fact that he has a greater LS than Saber's and can potentially restrain Saber from using Excalibur since she has the explicit weakness of requiring both of her hands in order to use that Low 6-B attack.

That's it, I think. Am also going to vote for Luffy FRA since he has the ability to out-muscle that makes the nasuverse 4-D resistances pointless.

can potentially restrain Saber
Yes, if Luffy see someone with weapons, first tactic is disarm if he is able, break it (not possible) or focus on dodging and counterattacking (exception being Katakuri who completely negates this 3 tactics)
Although the combination between Gear 2nd and Gear 3rd can potentially put Luffy at baseline High 6-C.
If we are letting Saber use a low 6-B attack, luffy can use this too
I'd assume Haki can bypass Servant Invul.
Correct me, but their invulnerablity is against weapons that are not ancient/antique

I will wait a bit more before voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back