• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't know, I have never seen such an instance that woild confirm the case that she can insta-cast it because from every other depiction shows it charging the blade before performing the strike. If there is an actual example I would like to see that, but as it stands I don't believe that its insta-cast.

@Lux capacitator

All of the animes drag out the activation for dramatic effect. In the Novel (primary source material), it takes less than a second to fully charge.

That is extremely fast, which makes me wonder why she just doesn't use the thing at the start of every fight like a ridiculously long snipe. Can you cite the line specifying so? I am genuinely curious from where that is stated.

Though I can still see Boros winning with his intellect and biological superiority. Also isn't Boros' armor capable of tanking a punch from Saitama who intended to end him quickly, evident by Saitama's surprise for him taking the hit. He wouldn't allow Saber to get far so the range advantage of Excaliblast is lost but it can still work. Though i I hinge this battle to reaction speed morely. Ultimately I still believe Boros can win.

@Lux capacitator

It takes an immense amount of energy to use and does a lot of collateral damage, so it's out of character for her to use it unless she deems it necessary.

The quote in question:

"The King of Conquerors' direct attack sent a shiver down Saber's spine. The rushing of the divine bulls had covered the hundred- meter distance instantaneously. In the blink of an eye, the might of Gordius Wheel manifested before her eyes. If the hilt of her precious sword had still been in her hand, she would have been certain of victory; facing the golden radiance raised by Rider, there was only one true name she could shout. "Ex—" As the rushing incarnation of thunder was about to trample Saber's small frame ... "—Calibur!" Golden lightning, with the radiance of countless comets, lit up the night like day."

Rider's charge closed the distance between him and Saber in less than a second, but Excalibur was still faster.

That is insane in many aspects, and I can see that she wouldn't use it in such a way. I'll give her that, but "there is no dicussion without argument" in my book and I can still imagine Boros to react fast enough to move a portion of his body away to regenerate it but this will remove his armor entirely. The fight then after is dependent on if Saber can still fight after using Excalibur and Boros' Regenerationn.

@Lux Boros could survive Excalibur even without Regenerationn and he's strong enough to kill Saber in one punch, of course he wins.

Back