• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saber (Fate) VS Reinhard van Astrea (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saber
Saber_2.png

Reinhard
Reinhard.png

Saber at her strongest (so Alter I guess. I dunno)

Speed Equalized

Reinhard only gets to use the various swords stuck in the ground (assuming he can pull them out. If he can't well I say he can so therefore he can)

In character

No BFR (though I'm not sure either of them can BFR)

Reinhard cannot come back to life

And the biggest nerf of all. Reinhard cannot distinguish salt and sugar... OH NOOOOOO!!!!

(Here's to hoping this isn't a stomp in mr brokens favor)

After careful consideration I have decided to add 2 rounds

R1: no raid R2: yes raid

Saber https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Saber

Reinhard https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Reinhard_van_Astrea

Saber 0

Reinhard 0

Saber casually blitzslaps base Reinhard into salsa.

Saber laughs at base Reinhards damage at speed equal once she stops bothering to attack if her first attack misses as all subsequent attacks misses Reinhard by virtue of magic asspull (which would probably be NLF btw). She steps on the ground hard enough to make an aoe that engulfs Reinhard, and since its not an attack directed at him but the ground, it'd most likely hit.

Raidhard on the other hand has so high AP and durability that Saber's mad speed advantage becomes irrelevant, making that fight inconclusive unless Excaliblast actually vaporizes a target thru durability-ignoring pew pew, but its not stated in her profile so yeah.

Ok so wait a minute. Reinhard has the ability to make the opponent always miss his first attack and all attacks after that. Also all inital attacks from him connect. Wat? Isn't this like broken :)

Also if we remove the Raid sword, isn't he like useless? His Durability and AP are miniscule without it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know much about Reinhard, but by looking at his stats without Raid, isn't this a stomp thread?

ScarletFirefly said:
Ok so wait a minute. Reinhard has the ability to make the opponent always miss his first attack and all attacks after that. Also all inital attacks from him connect.
He has a blessing that any subsequent attacks miss. Meaning, Saber stabs him in the face once, everything else misses (*cough* NLF) but yeah.

Also, yes. It's a massive stomp, speed equal or no.

Wait. Are you saying Saber would stomp Reinhard or the other way around? I removed raid cause he would curb stomp her into oblivion. If someone can give me some more info on how she could hold a finger to him when he uses raid I'll add it in.

Also Gemmysaur your post was confusing. Can you explain what you mean? Sorry.

Either Saber hard blitzes with Speed Unequal, or Reinhard hax stomps with speed equal. Either way, not a great matchup.

A Hero Long Forgotten said:
Wait. Are you saying Saber would stomp Reinhard or the other way around? I removed raid cause he would curb stomp her into oblivion. If someone can give me some more info on how she could hold a finger to him when he uses raid I'll add it in.
Also Gemmysaur your post was confusing. Can you explain what you mean? Sorry.
Saber blitzes base Reinhard if speed is not equalized.

Saber laughs at base Reinhard's pitiful damage and wins with skill or just stomping the ground into an aoe attack if speed is equalized as there is a chance that base Reinhard can dodge the first attack and his blessing makes it so any other attack after the first misses.

Saber blitzes but doesn't have anything to damage Raidhard because Country level. It's like getting a little girl to stab a fully armored knight with a toothpick.

Excalibur erases reinhard both forms. His hax that makes attacks directed at him miss won't protect him from a massive aoe on that level. Saber is far faster than Reinhard so he wouldn't be able to stop her from getting her attack off.

Even if he somehow does get the chance to attack first, Avalon active can be used to block reinhards 'guaranteed' iniative first strike, and she will know to use it through her precognition and massively higher reaction time.

Sabers high level of magical resistance will probably grant her some form of resistance to reinhards various blessings shenanigans, combined with her own combat precognition and massively superior speed she should be capable of trading strikes favorable with reinhard even with his 'first attack/proceeding attack immunities'.

Overall, Saber wins both rounds more often than she loses them.

Also, good job including profile links in the thread, most people don't do that and it seems like such a silly waste of time for everyone to have to go open tabs and copy paste names to search when the OP can just put the links in there to begin with.

Dunno how the miss blessing works exactly. Maybe it does protect him from AoE also. Either way, this is a stomp thread no matter how I look at it.

EDIT: Also doesn't his First Attack Immunity and Proceeding Attack Immunity override Saber's Precog? If it is sure to miss no matter what she does, it will miss. Kinda like Gae Bolg but reversed.

Her precog and magic resistance combined allowed her to dodge the fatal strike and take a shoulder hit instead. She should similarly be able to resist to some extant other mystical methods used against her that try to 'predetermine' the outcome of blows.

Apparently not if what this reader said is to be believed. It looks to require conscious effort to use (i.e. has to be activated).

Reinhart is a special case.

He gains whatever blessing necessary for him at any given moment by asking for it.
At one point Subaru asks if Reinhart has a blessing that will allow him to track this enemy, and he basically went "hang on.... there. I just got that blessing." :heh:

Then again, reddit.

His ability to see others blessings would let him know that saber does have a blessing - but its just the ability to walk on water, given by the lady of the lake.

Not really relevant, but thought it was interesting that the concept of a blessing does exist somewhat in the nasuverse.

Yeah its pretty silly, but he's not making them up and giving them to himself though - he's asking his patron deity for another powerup and they re giving it to him.

I imagine he should probably not be allowed to ask for outside help during a vs battle. Using the blessings he already has is one thing, but calling up mama tier 2 or whoever it is mid battle and asking them to wire over some more blessings seems like its crossing into violating the 1v1 territory.

Yes, but we go by feats anyway so him asking for more blessings is rather moot imo.

Not that he needs any more blessings since he got the best one already.

The ability to not be stupid enough to mistake salt for sugar and vice versa.

Doesn't really change anything if the Deity is willing to give him anything. Can he turn Saber into a tomato through his blessings? Those ridiculous Harry Potter versus Superman from Comicvine come to mind, where Harry would turn Supes into a tomato because it's magic and he can do whatever he wants lol.

I believe his blessings can only take the form of powering up skills and traits he already has to 11, though the thing that is being powered up doesn't need to be even a fraction of the result in reality.

Can dodge -> dodges all the things

Can run on water for .1 seconds before sinking -> can walk on water

Skin resists elemental damage very slightly because all matter resists being damaged slightly -> 80% resistance to all kinds of elemental damage

Knows how to track things in a basic way -> super powerful tracking sense

It's pretty silly yeah, but I don't think he can have blessings created entirely from scratch like 'the power to turn people into tomatoes' unless he already had some miniscule ability to turn people into things with magic.

Knowing how to cook minute rice -> Everything he cooks is delicious, regardless of how much he botched it.

Telling apart sugar and salt though?

Reinhard is Full of NLF's

I seriously don't know how to take this dude i mean reading his blessing list "WTF " ? and supposedly his blessing is endless since he can get what ever he want to win

I don't believe we have a tiering for the diety who is granting him his blessings, but essentially it's like he is the avatar of that higher being.

Didn't even know this thread existed,mr.broken i mean reinhard is a walking bag of nlf and plot device but the thing we gotta remember is that his abilities i think are to be taken seriously as the re zero verse has disgusting hax like wiping people from existence and nullifying all attacks and manipulating time and reinhard is one of the strongest in the verse. Without raid inconclusive as saber's attacks will never hit reinhard, reinhard is like that one op npc in a game his abilities are skills that work how they say they do, i mean short of busting the planet as that will miss him but still hit the planet and kill him or reality warping i don't see how anyone is getting through his hax (his ability to get whatever ability he wants also sounds like reality warping to me). As for round two reinhard stomps as his dc is above sabers and she also can't put him down. Reinhard is already broken but imagine if this dude got some sort of durability bypassing ability that would be scary.

ZERO7772 said:
Reinhard is Full of NLF's
I seriously don't know how to take this dude i mean reading his blessing list "WTF " ? and supposedly his blessing is endless since he can get what ever he want to win
From what i have heard from ln readers his original ability was to gain whatever ability he needs to win and from that he has gained over 30 known abilities(known because it's hinted he has more). I don't think it's a matter of him just powering up whatever he already has to the next level because well people don't come back from the dead in any shape or form and reinhard can, i think he is a reality warper, he doesn't have a deity watching over him from what i heard he was just gifted from birth even by the standards of his own family which are a line of sword saints,the first of which helped sealed the witch of envy, he is just special and op but we don't know the exact reason why yet as the story hasn't got to that yet. And from what i heard about the witch of envy she can affect dimensions even while being sealed and reinhard is an equal to her, the author said a fight between them would be endless, the witch is virtually immortal and can't be killed what form of immortality is unknown but i heard it has something to do with her not being tied to this dimension or something like that, either way she can't hurt reinhard and he can't kill her.

^ Reinhards abilities aren't his own special reality warp magic. Being 'The Sword Saint' is a title and a blessing that comes with other powers. His own grandmother mother was the previous Sword Saint and had the abilities, but then Reinhart surpassed her in terms of base skill and the blessing switched over to him, leaving his grandmother without those powers.

The fact that this happened while she was in the middle of combat and it caused her to die is actually a big plot point in the visual novels because it causes reinhardts grandfather wilhelm to resent him and is part of the reason the father is willing to help train suberu so that he doesn't need to go rely on reinhard for assistance.

A Sword Dancer said:
^ Reinhards abilities aren't his own special reality warp magic. Being 'The Sword Saint' is a title and a blessing that comes with other powers. His own grandmother mother was the previous Sword Saint and had the abilities, but then Reinhart surpassed her in terms of base skill and the blessing switched over to him, leaving his grandmother without those powers.
The fact that this happened while she was in the middle of combat and it caused her to die is actually a big plot point in the visual novels because it causes reinhardts grandfather wilhelm to resent him and is part of the reason the father is willing to help train suberu so that he doesn't need to go rely on reinhard for assistance.
Oh that makes a lot of sense i knew he killed his grandmother but didn't know the details though i still think his ability borders on being reality warping getting whatever ability he wants and theorectically having endless abilities sounds like that to me whether it's by virtue of being the sword saint or not. Reinhard even for a sword saint is far stronger than anyone before him so just being the sword saint alone shouldn't make him this powerful there is clearly more to be revealed about reinhard.

Though got to say though sword saints have a history of being op just look at his grandmoms ability, The Divine Protection of Shinigami: Slashes imbued with the Divine Protection's power leave wounds that are unable to be healed. The power of the Divine Protection increases the closer they are to the target, and the user can even reopen wounds others have if they are close enough and were originally inflicted by them. And reinhard though is still far above her level it's not even funny.

Yeah, the author stated in an interview that he's the strongest character in the series, matched only by the full power of the jealous witch satella in her unsealed maximum potential form.

It's funny because his dragon sword will not come out of it's sheath and grant him its power unless the enemy is worthy of it, and the only one who is worth of it in his series is satella - in other words he probably wouldn't even be able to draw his dragon sword against saber even if she would be capable of killing him lmao

A Sword Dancer said:
Yeah, the author stated in an interview that he's the strongest character in the series, matched only by the full power of the jealous witch satella in her unsealed maximum potential form.
It's funny because his dragon sword will not come out of it's sheath and grant him its power unless the enemy is worthy of it, and the only one who is worth of it in his series is satella - in other words he probably wouldn't even be able to draw his dragon sword against saber even if she would be capable of killing him lmao
Yea raid won't come out unless there is a worthy opponent and the only one who can take reinhard on is satella but this is vs match up so we will assume raid will come out i guess, but what really gets me is how op this dude is that yea even though he doesn't automatically win in his fights as evident from what ln readers have told him that archbishop sins are also op as hell and even reinhard couldn't take on multiple of them and he wasn't able to kill automatically greed because of greeds ability but greed though is op just look at this ability

• Stillness of an Object's Time (þë®õ¢ôÒü«µÖéÚûôÒü«ÚØÖµ¡ó Buttai no Jikan no Seishi)
    • The user can stop the time of themselves or anything they're wearing, touched, or even their breath. This stops any interference from outside and only allows the user's interference outwards. This negates any attack against the user, and if the user waves their hand anything in its trajectory is cut no matter the toughness. Atmosphere released from the stillness can cause shockwaves, gravel thrown around can become inevitable shots, and it can enable the user to travel at extremely high speeds. Normally, multiple uses of this ability can be deadly as the user's own heart also stops, however it can be circumvented when combined with another of the Authority of Greed's abilities.
And then there is also gluttony who is also op

• Gluttony (µÜ┤Úúƒ Bōshoku)
    • The user can eat the name and memories of their opponent. Those that have had their names eaten have their existences erased from the world, destroying any human relationships along with preventing the use of magic and negating any contracts with Spirits. Those that have their memories eaten become amnesic and any characteristics they may have had are reset, effectively making them into a different person. Those that have both their name and memories eaten simply become a shell, and although they live, they no longer eat, excrete waste, or age, putting them in suspended animation. Things such as experience, talent, and the likes and dislikes of human relationships serve as food for the user. However, if the user eats a fake name, they are plagued with severe nausea.
Even against these broken abilities reinhard still never used raid so his base was enough lol,satella is going to broken as hell.

Pls don't remind me. I still have ptsd because best girl rem is currently in a coma since like 6 light novels because she was eaten by that second ability.

A Sword Dancer said:
Pls don't remind me. I still have ptsd because best girl rem is currently in a coma since like 6 light novels because she was eaten by that second ability.
Yea it's pretty messed up btw do you read the novels?

A Hero Long Forgotten said:
No! You fool! I've not gotten to that part! Whyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Oh well. Back on the Emilia train again.
Sorry about that man i was spoiled this too but i guess it's just a hazard of being on the internet. Man i need those novels i want to know more about what happens especially about reinhard as i heard that puck is also a powerful spirit and will freeze the world if emilia dies and reinhard in alternative ending was the one to stop him. I think this thread has been derailed a bit here we should probably take it elsewhere, didn't know we had fans of the series on here.

Meh might be a bit unneccessary but i am gonna create a discussion for the verse to discuss about anything, just there being a place to talk about it is good and i am pretty sure if people are watching the anime they might need a place to talk cause i heard the story gets darker. Meh forget about it if someone else wants it they can do it.

I don't even why you made this this thread , to beat this guy you have to be either planet buster "which isn't a good idea at all xD " or reality warping or have extreme hax

saber doesn't have any these

BTW if his hax allow him to avoid any first attack how will this goes against the type who never miss a target ? Fiamma of the right for example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back