• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has dragged on forever though

I'm kinda sick of receiving notifications for it but I wanna see how this ends

Akasha having her profile removed and becoming a blog i guess?

As for Void Shiki, she shouldn't scale to Akasha for reasons above.

If Akasha gets deleted, then so be it.

I think I can handle the edits to Shiki's profile after my exams are over.

My only gripe then is what to do with Void Shiki.

She's apparently inferior to Servants, but is compared to an "omnipotent, wish-granting machine", the same description given to the Holy Grail which has Reality Warping abilities.

Reppuzan said:
My only gripe then is what to do with Void Shiki.

She's apparently inferior to Servants, but is compared to an "omnipotent, wish-granting machine", the same description given to the Holy Grail which has Reality Warping abilities.

look at this way.

if you need 2 seconds to reality warp the universe to oblivion and you are fighting bruce lee that doesnt give you those 2 seconds of perfect focus, you are probably going to lose.

it doesnt take away from your reality warping power, it just isnt the area where your skills shine the most

@Embracetophats

My thoughts as well, its not her magical abilites that are infirior but her physical atributes, It is stated that Servants are faster and stronger then normal humans and Void shiki is still a human being despite her connection to the Root. So it's not like her body was magiclally enhanced when she surfaces, the body is the same as when Shiki(female) is in control.

Nasu is one of those witters that follow the idea that 'just because you can do great damage doesn't mean that you can recive tha same amout', Caster is a perfect example; she can dish out a lot of damage with her Magecraft but can be overwelmed by someone like Rin with simple reinforcement.

Just make Shiki possibly 1-C via hax and be done with it then~

Shiki still have ridiculous feats like killing effortlessly cut down three wraiths that were stated to be approaching the level of Primate Murder, a being on par with Arcueid Brunestud, Goetia, and Tiamat who are tier 4 characters and gods in Nasuverse

Shiki is one of those character would could lose to Shirou but beat the gods of the verse kek

I mean Saber Shiki said they would be dead if it was actually a Beast of Gaia. The thing she killed was just a budget Beast of Alaya.

I think Shiki should be up to at least 7-B physically, Unknown with Root Powers.

Tier 9 with or without [ ] in charge. Just like how Shiki normally sitting at. [ ] being in charge of the body also doesn't boost the body spec IIRC unless Shiki is wielding Kanesada Kuji wherein her stats got amped regardless of which personality is currently in charge anyway

Unless someone is going to make Servant Shiki profile wherein one can make an argument the servant class container boost her combat capabilities, there's really no feat suggesting Shiki is even close to tier 7 in KnK

Well she can defensively fight Servants. But I'm fine with tier 9, unknown with Root powers. She should be massively hypersonic though, via scaling to Araya who should be comparable to Touko who fought Aoko.

@Fab

Fate Grand Order says that Shiki's Connection to the Root makes traditional stats not matter though.

@Ram

Fair point. Though it does bring up the question on how to rate her Saber servant version when she cut down wraiths that a panicked Mephistopheles claimed to be approaching the level of Primate Murder...

Yeah, probably for the best to just give her regular Servant stats once she gets a profile.

What's this nonsense about deleting Akasha's profile and making it into a blog? That's redundant. Keep the profile and downgrade Shiki. It's that simple.

Maybe because it doesn't deserve one? It's got no real feats of its own, since it's just a place, so giving it a tiered profile like other characters have seems pretty strange.

All it ' does' is just exist as a place though, unlike the KH, which can be used as a power source. VenomElite said it here better:

"1. Akasha is not a person, it's a place, the source of all things and as well as the archive of all events past, present, and future, existing outside all of time. It's called the "Akashic Records" for a reason you know. Show proof of Akasha being an actual entity and be the source of the root itself while being it. Because unlike Akasha, the Creator (Umineko) has been proven to be an actual being and not a place. It's like making a profile of Nirvana when it's just a heightened state of awareness"

Kingdom Hearts is literally the same thing. The Holy Grail is an attempt to reach Akasha. Saber Shiki is able to perform her feats as an "omnipotent, wish-granting machine" through her Connection to the Root. Sakura has massive amounts of mana due to being hooked up to the Grail System which in turn attempted to connect to the Root.

Not everything needs to be an entity to have a profile.

Except Shiki has no feats of that kind and the other two don't actually involve Akasha in a functional capacity, so I don't see how it is comparable to the KH.

Then why is it getting treated as if it's a character? We've already said that it isn't one, yet it's been put as a God, Void User, Acasual Character among others. This is clearly misleading abs should be corrected. I prefer a blog post about but either way, it shouldn't be treated as a tiered character which can be used in Vs Debates.

I pointed it out as a power source that can be accessed, which was the criteria you provided, but you're still saying no.

I don't mind editing it to correct these things you've mentioned, but I still don't think we should straight up delete it.

I never claimed it as a power source for access, you did when comparing it to the KH. Even then, there aren't any Tier 1 feats performed when one has had access to it, and the attempts you listed don't count as they never reached it in the first place, so the comparison is even more meaningless.

I mean, fine don't delete it if you really want to keep it, but don't format/treat it as a character/weapon profile, but more like an explanation page talking about what it is in the Nasuverse. Since things like this are normally put on explanation blogs/pages then linked to the verse page, hence my suggesting that we do the same for Akasha. Someone can easily copy-paste the text, reformat and edit it and later link it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back