• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rwby vs Elder Scrolls, red riding hood endition. Ruby vs Aela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby doesn't really fight like that, and you can't behead someone equal to you either.

No... That just wrong. Not only does it give enough of an AP advantage that she can tank ruby's attacks, it also allows her to make ruby litirally unable to fight. And beowolves are nothing like werewolves beyond looks.

Howls and ruby crouches down, crying for aela to not kill her.

Have you seen like...any of her fights? She absolutely does fight like that. And yes you can when youre using a bladed weapon.

What is the range of the howl?

Yes, I have. She doesn't freeze her enemy solid to go in and decapitate ever. And no you can't, there is a reason 9-C is given to anyone able to cut off a head with a normal sword.

It's a litiral howl that scares people. So ruby's hearing range.

Bruh she did so in the first ever fight we saw from her. Crescent Rose isnt a 9-C sword its a High 8-C scythe with feats of consistently killing, dismembering, and decapitating high 8-C monsters. Where arw you getting the idea that if two people have comparable durability that means they cant cut each other with bladed weapons? That makes zero sense.

So about a dozen meters vs ruby's several hundred, got it

Unless Aela has feats of her skin being hsrd enough that High i-C weapons cant cut her, you cannot argue that ruby cannot cut her

What part in the first episode did she freeze anything to stop them? What part of it? And you cannot bisect anyone on your level, not not cut them. There is a difference. In what world can you only hear a scream in a dozen meter radius? And ruby, as tou said, foes in close range to cut her enemies.

She does as a werewolf, since she shrugs of people's attacks despite evryone and their son using blades of some kind.

Wait, if Ruby got scared while holding a gun in her hands exactly why wouldn't she just shoot the scary thing?

For the same reasons the mages don't fire at them, or the armed enemies don't fight back while you are ripping them apart.

So, gameplay reasons?

In general this seeks moeeseems more like a thing that inflicts fear because something like that would generally be considered scary, as opposed to being magically so or something. I believe that she range she would have with a sniper rifle is bwtond how far she can hear anyways.

No. It's a specific superpower you gain from the hunter god for devouring enough prey.

And no, they do attack while normally afraid, this has to do with a mgical transformation caused by a daedric prince.

Well that's fair then. sniper rifle ranges are still really extreme though, so unless Ruby is dumb and doesn't use her range advantage or has a weirdly low ranged version, I may have to go for her just off that advantage alone.

She doesn't abuse ranhe much actually. Not to say she doesn't shot at enemies from afar, but while she uses some shots, she most often goes on in close range to use the schyte. In-fact, she uses her weapons recoil to move around more than an attack thing.

No she doesn't. Shee shoots a few times, as I said, but she never went with a tactic where she exclusively went long range and tried her best to stay away from her enemy. Most often then not she goes close range after a few shots.

And she never went for hundreds of meters shots, that's for sure.

Also, shrugging off attacks =/= having skin hard enough that blades from weapons and characters on your level cant cut you

She has absolutely gone for hundreds of meters shots, several times, most notably against the Nevermore in episode 6

Ruby wins for her weapon, Semblance, Aura, range, and experience in fighting wolflike monsters. The Werewolf transformation in Skyrim takes forever, giving Ruby plenty of time to just lay into Aela.

You can take around fifty to one hundred attacks that would normally one-shot you before you start to get properly damaged. But again, if she goes close range she's dead due to fear manip.

That was dozens of meters, and even then she went close range, and she used ranged attacks because she couldn't reach it normally.

Kiryu2012 said:
Ruby wins for her weapon, Semblance, Aura, range, and experience in fighting wolflike monsters. The Werewolf transformation in Skyrim takes forever, giving Ruby plenty of time to just lay into Aela.
That's alright for a vote, but the wolflike is is just bad. Like, only because it looks like a wolf she won't really have any advantage.

She is missing so many abilities...

Rwsistance to disease manip, summoning of two wolves and two werewolves, making wolves unwilling to fight her, healing through eating flesh, enhanced senses...

I guess I'll make a crt for those.

Something that I don't think has been brought up yet is Aela's significant terrain advantage and stealth mastery. If she wanted to or needed to, she could break off the engagement and go for a stealth kill. One of her primary skills is stealth, and she lived her entire childhood and adolescence in the forest. She coukd use the terrain better than Ruby ever could.

Oh god, I forgot she has bullshit skyrim stealth too.

(To be honest, if she gets the ability to use summons this will just be unfair regardless. Hard to argue ruby cam defeat 3 werewolves that can make her too scared to attack, can detect her at any time, and can overpower her.)

Aww god dang it, I liked this matcup too.

@Sheev How exactly would you stealth kill someone who has a full body forcefield? If she tries that all she does it put herself in range of a massive scythe that can very easily decapitate her.

A stealthy approach still lets her get off a lot of attacks, pinning, all sorts of stuff.

No, she uses a bow, and her stealth is good enough to walk past someone, open the chest a few meters away, empity it and go away without being noticed.

Ruby will not be able to detect her, and aela would just keep attacking with a bow till she dies.

And how is summoning two werewolves not useful? Or knowing where ruby is at all times for the matter.

Dude, I don't think your reading what is being written.

High 8-C characters couldn't normally break it.

Aela can't do the Werewolf things the Dragonborn can, those are the dragonborn's powers he got from Hircine. I do think Weekly is overselling Ruby a little (sorry, there is plenty of times I agree with Weekly I just never really get time to be in those threads). But I'm definitely voting for Ruby here due to range, her better versatility, and speed.

She has acces to the totems and I absolutly don't see why she wouldn't use them.

Plus, I forgot about stealth, but ruby can't really stealth abuse due to it. (Now that I think about it, that wouldn't work in a forest to begin with).

Because she didn't use them. Characters can be stupid sometimes (and Hircine probably won't allow her due to the Dragonborn doing all the work to get them). Aela stealth also isn't as good as the dragonborn's so Ruby sees her coming

Because of game mechanic, we don't see warriors using enchanted gears to boost their stats unless you use ASIS. In lore, warriors wearing enchanted gears are common and even the entire Ysgramor's 500 wore enchanted gears made from Ahzidal in order to win against a magical empire of Snow Elves.

This again takes a matter whether the OP here will allow Aela to wear enchanted gears and armed with enchanted weapons.

Her stelth is good, not stealth 100 gg invisibility spam, but still pretty good. Didn't take her as a companion overly much, but she could still keep coming with my dovah without people noticing, so going for stealth kills is far from hard.

Plus, there is a chance that she would simply decide to go full werewolf from the start, since she does that every night and only refrains from doing so regularly because she would get a 1000 bounty and hate for life.

Aela's sneak (If we go by the game) is 97. That's a negligible difference from the Dragonborn's.

Pretty much every follower has good stealth so that they won't be a detriment to stealthy players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back