• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rwby vs Elder Scrolls, red riding hood endition. Ruby vs Aela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burned alive doesn't work when the fire can't hurt her. And most necromancers put her on fire anyways.

The forest fire is caused by the Dust, its High 8-C

Fire caused by Dust is what flushed Illia out of hiding when she attacked Blake's home

WeeklyBattles said:
The forest fire is caused by the Dust, its High 8-C

Fire caused by Dust is what flushed Illia out of hiding when she attacked Blake's home
Unless the Duat is coating all the tress and underbrush, then no. It's not.

No, that isn't how it works. You can take a 7-B flame, but igniting a candle with it will not make it 7-B.

Unless it is directly shown in rwby that the fire caused by it is tier 8, it also goes against logic since a tree physically cannot contain that amount of heat.

@Sheev Yes, it is coating all the trees and underbrush, fires started by Dust are much stronger than normal fire and are capable of harming High 8-Cs

Also, ruby would be burned as well, and it's completly ooc to burn down a forest just to get an enemy.

SBA my dude, she's in character but willing to kill against an unknown enemy who is actively trying to kill her

Ruby wouldnt be burned due to her aura

WeeklyBattles said:
@Ricsi It was shown that the fire caused by it is tier 8
Yeah, that's great proof there.

Especially since I'm not asking for the dust itself, I am asking for a fire soread by it.

Also, do we even scale heat to tier? Lava was a heavily damaging substance in rwby after all.

So she'd just let herself be burned alive?

No, she'd move location in a collected manner as befits her character, as opposed to letting herself be flushed out and played. You're honestly speaking kind of disingenously.

Ya know what? I'll make a thread for heat, since it is something often brought up.

I find scaling it to tier for no reason to be bad.

@Sheev So youre telling me that she'd be completely and totally calm with the entire forest burning down around with her in it? While her opponent can very easily hit her with a stray bullet that would kill her or electrocute her or encase her in ice?

Yeah, pretty much. A forest burning down is far from really shocking. (and is completly ooc for ruby).

And she can survive and has faced litirally all of those, exept the chances to catch someone with a stray bullet like that is ridicolously unlikely.

Also, what is ot with you acting pike one bullet can kill her?

Ice would at most onconvinience her, she has been put on fire without really any big side effect, and electrocution is like a norm.

What is ooc doesnt matter when it comes to SBA as characters are willing to do stuff that is OOC as theyre actively trying to kill their opponent. Also its not ooc for Ruby to try to set her opponent on fire at all, she did so against the Petra Gigas.

Because one bullet can kill her given how bullets work. A 9-B bullet can harm and potentially kill an 8-B due to its piercing power, a High 8-C bullet would kill a High 8-C, especially given Ruby's High 8-C bullets have in fact killed other High 8-Cs with one shot before.

She doesnt have the strength to get out of the ice if she ends up encased in it, the fire dust ammo has the added effect of exploding on contact, and she will be physically paralyzed if she gets hit by an electric bullet

No. Like, sba litirally says they use in-character strategy. The only ooc thing is making them willing to kill. And you are talking about burning an entire forest full of animals down, not the enemy. She doesn't know where the enemy is.

Exept she has armor, can dodge the bullets, the sheer unlikelyness of a bullet hitting her head already makes it a bad reasoning for ruby winning, and she can survive being stabbed in the face with a knife, so logic doesn't aply like that.

Dude, the ice never showcased take multiple hits without breaking. And again, hitting a moving eny with a stray bullet?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Sheev So youre telling me that she'd be completely and totally calm with the entire forest burning down around with her in it? While her opponent can very easily hit her with a stray bullet that would kill her or electrocute her or encase her in ice?
That's a pretty normal battle setting as far as TES goes, so yeah, I am telling you that.

Armor means nothing when the piercing power of the bullets would go right through it. Being shot in the face with a High 8-C gun >>>>>>>>>> Being stabber in the face.

Yes it did actually, multiple times. Roman couldnt break it and during the fight against ABRN three of the four characters were encased in ice and couldnt escape without outside help, hell the Paladin couldnt even break the ice that was used to trap it.

No to bith of those. Armor specifically get's around the "much energy in a small area". And a swing with a dagger, assuming it has equal energy to a bullet, is pretty much the same. And again, stray bullet headshot as an argument.

Roman torchwick, the 8-C character. And none of those four were hitting it full force multiple times. And again, stray bullet as an argument. Like, aela can dodge it, and ruby cannot aim at her.

Unless her armor is shown to be much more durable than herself normally it wont do much of anything to stop a High 8-C bullet from piercing through it. Even normal bullets irl can pierce through metal body armor. Again you need to have proof that Ruby's attacks wouldnt be able to get through it if you want to make an argument that they cant, otherwise youre just saying no for the sake of saying no with no evidence to back up your claims.

Yes the 8-C character who couldnt break out of the ice because it is high 8-C in durability and durable enough that people stronger than himself including his prototype Paladin cant break out of it. And please do show me how Aela is going to throw a punch without being able to move her arms due to being encased in ice.

It is. That's the point of armor. She dies to one or two heavy hits without it.

Again with this? Please show me when has ruby completly enchased someone in ice? Plus, she can break out of the ice shout over time.

And again, weekly, the idea of a stray shot hitting someone equally fast moving target without the ability of aiming is ridicolous. Especially since she would be getting shot arrows at, and the pain would likely be very problematic to her.

Aela can break out of being trapped in both forms.

If she is in base, she transforms to werewolf form which breaks the ice as her body volume increased.

If she is werewolf, she transforms back to human form which gives her some space to swing her arms and throw a punch.

@Tactical She'd need both AP higher than what she has and lifting strength far higher than what she can potentially get from turning into a werewolf in order to get out of Ice Dust

I am planning a lifting strenght crt too, but the idea that you need lifting strenght to break something is wrong.

@Ricsi Here

The arrows being shot at her would give her the ability to know the general area her attacker is in, and once she gets shot she'd know to stay moving to avoid being hit

Oh, the games! Were season 2 jaune has healing, stat amp and status effect inducement. Ruby never once froze someone solid character.

Weekly. You are being obtuse to the extreme. What part of "good enough stelth to shoot at you from in front of you without being noticed" is difficult to understand?

So youre ignoring canon feats for no reason? Mkay.

What part of "Thats either game mechanics or an ability other than good stealth" dont you understand? Even then being good at stealth doesnt mean you cant be hit by spammed AoE attacks from beyond your attack range.

The story is canon. Jaune having healing and such isn't. And even then, ooc.

The part where that is completly wrong as I pointed out already? It is stealth, just supernaturally good. Much like how charismatic persuasion doesn't need to be listed as mind manip just because it is superbmnaturally good. Also, are you ignoring skyrim canon now?

Oh, and for the last part, she doesn't have good aoe, and the idea of a random shot from dozens of meters with no aim hitting her is just laughable.

Yeah, you are biased, we all tend to be, but you should at least draw a line somewhere, your reputation isn't without reason. It's not like this will be added as a loss, so I don't even see the point.

And lastly, shooting at an enemy from hundreds of meters away in a forest? It just hits a tree and the dust detonates.

Everything in the game is canon. The creators of the show flat out said they put Jaune's semblance in the game but made it so it reflects the fact that he has no idea how to use it in the series, hence why it just amounts to him flailing around a lot in-game.

And as i explained before when it gets to the level youre describing we dont treat it as stealth we treat it is invisibility, Fate characters have the same level of stealth as youre describing and they get the same treatment.

The explosion itself has a few meters of AoE and she can spam it. she can take out a large area from the spamming of AoE explosive bullets alone, let alone the destruction fire would cause.

I am not being biased, why would you assume i am?

Then the tree explodes and spreads more damage

Brcayse jaune can use it at a distance...

Using another profile as an exemple isn't a reason. Several profiles describe similiar abilities differently, much like with my exemple with charisma. And your argument is semathics, the effect is the exact same, what power you use to describe it doesn't suddenly change it's mechanics. Especially as it doesn't work on all people even if they are subsceptile to stuff like mind manip.

Exept she has no idea which way to fire.

Yeah, I am not getting into that. I find it hilarious that you cannot admit you aren't biased for rwby, but who cares really.

Yes. And a bullet was wasted on one of the infinite trees around, without knowing what way to fire she will never get her unkess she gets within a few meters range.

If it doesnt work on all people then why would it work here when Ruby has enhanced senses and regularly fights grimm that are extremely good at stealth?

She would know where to fire though as she'd know where she was hit from

Im really not though, ive argued against RWBY just as many times as ive argued for it. Where are we now as a community where arguing for one character over another automatically means youre biased for that character?

As ive already explained she does know where to fire. And if she gets in close Aela is as good as dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back